Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2009, 04:13 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,377,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
So, murdering children is A-OK as long as it's keeping you safe?

Jesus would say otherwise.
I never said that murdering children is ok. But I did say that sometimes in battles and wars our professional warriors get killed protecting our nation and its citizens.

It's sad that sometimes innocent people, including children, get killed in wars, especially when warriors hide themselves or their weapons among civilians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 04:14 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,333,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justamere10 View Post
Please understand that many of those "lunatic" followers of Jesus Christ object to even ONE unborn child being killed ANYWHERE. And, they object to even one penny of their hard-earned money being used to pay the killers.

If everyone abided by the teachings of Jesus Christ there would be no rape or violence in our world. And certainly no deliberate killing of the innocent.
What these leftists (the pro-abort crowd) refuse to acknowledge is the biological fact that from the very instant of conception, everything is determined; hair color, eye color, bone structure and body type, sex (of course - we knew that), personality traits, etc, etc, etc. In other words, the fetus (incidentally fetus, I was taught, means "young one") or child to be, is everything he/she will be, except as influenced by the outside world in future life. This means that what is developing is a real person. I learned that in biology in junior high school back in the days long before Roe v. Wade.

I believe this gives insight as to why they want to deny that we were founded as a Christian nation as well. Consider that the Declaration of Independence says that we are endowed by our "Creator" with certain unalienable rights, "that among these rights are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness".

If we deny a "Creator" (God) and claim that the founders and writers of our founding documents were not Christian, but deists, or other, than it's easier to dismiss the right of the unborn to life. But if God created us all, then surely those rights also belong to the unborn.

Does that make any sense to you? I couldn't seem to come up with the words to state it as clearly as I see it in my mind. Perhaps after I dwell on that thought longer, I will come up with the words to articulate it.

The extreme evil of Obama is that in Illinois, he supported a bill that would deny life saving measures to infants who had survived a botched abortion! Now that is the epitome of evil.

There is a famous young lady who survived a saline abortion and has written at least one book (I don't remember her name... I'm sure you know who I'm talking about). She must be in her 30's by now, I would guess. Obama would have left this girl to die.

Old 01-23-2009, 04:23 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,377,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Justamere, from your status line it looks as if you're trying hard to live a Christian life inside and out, and I admire and respect that so much. I know uglinesses such as AB and war and cruelty hurt. So I'll lay off with the practical replies and sincerely wish you the best in following the Lord as He guides you to find a way to peace on this issue
I appreciate your candor. Actually though I am at peace with this issue as much as I am at peace with the other awful things humans do to one another.

I know that allowing ALL of God's children to have a chance to live their life is what His other children should be doing. I just think it my duty to help teach others that there's a better way to use my money than to fund the taking of innocent life.

And I think it might be in my eternal favor if God someday asks me why I didn't oppose the killing of His unborn children if I can point to such a place as this where I stood valiantly on HIS side.

Old 01-23-2009, 04:37 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,479,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
What these leftists (the pro-abort crowd) refuse to acknowledge is the biological fact that from the very instant of conception, everything is determined; hair color, eye color, bone structure and body type, sex (of course - we knew that), personality traits, etc, etc, etc.

The extreme evil of Obama is that in Illinois, he supported a bill that would deny life saving measures to infants who had survived a botched abortion!
Everything is predetermined---kind of like Manifest Destiny? Is that what you are talking about? And at the 'instant of conception' doctors can tell whether or not that child will be/is a hermaphrodite, or be predisposed towards drug addiction, towards murder? There are no societal or environmental influences on personality traits, bone growth structure, etc.?

Extreme evil -- That's a pretty extreme statement in itself. Please share which bill are you talking about. I'd like to know. Thank you.

Old 01-23-2009, 04:52 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,576,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
Even from your predominantly pro-life viewpoint, there are situations where abortion may be justified. In these circumstances (rape, incest, or a pregnancy that puts the woman's health at risk), there are many women in foreign countries who have had no access to this option, even if their life is at risk. Furthermore, they have been unable to receive sound education as to it's availability, safety and physical and psychological implications because of the restrictions Bush imposed.

Bush cutting off funding for clinics that provide abortions ,or even education, under any circumstances is as morally reprehensible to many as is Obama's repeal of such restrictions is to you.
Exactly & thank you for bringing that up. Education is key & good health is key as well, that is the main purpose of these clinics. Unfortunately, some people gloss over that & focus strictly on abortions, which is a very small percentage of what these clinics provide.

Old 01-23-2009, 04:52 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,492,612 times
The argument from the right to choose group is just because you don't believe in it doesn't mean you can tell others what they can do with their body.

Flip the argument around... Just because you believe in abortion I should not be forced to pay for them. Pretty simple really. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

If you want to help fund abortions with the money you earn fine. Abortions are not one of those unalienable rights.

Old 01-23-2009, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
The argument from the right to choose group is just because you don't believe in it doesn't mean you can tell others what they can do with their body.

Flip the argument around... Just because you believe in abortion I should not be forced to pay for them. Pretty simple really. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
Well unfortunately in life, things do not go according to your exact plan. There are things that people pay for that they aren't exactly happy about, but guess what? That's life & you deal w/it & move on to issues that directly affect your life.

Old 01-23-2009, 04:59 PM

Don't be shy follow Warren Buffet's lead. He's going to donate billions... Good for him... He put's his money where his mouth is....not others peoples money.

Old 01-23-2009, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Well unfortunately in life, things do not go according to your exact plan. There are things that people pay for that they aren't exactly happy about, but guess what? That's life & you deal w/it & move on to issues that directly affect your life.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

And abortions....

Old 01-23-2009, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

And abortions....
I'll focus on the "all men are created equal"...that doesn't seem to be the case in some instances, now does it? But that's a different topic altogether.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections