Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2009, 11:49 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,378,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalstorm98 View Post
1st off i wanna say that i do not believe in god for thousands of years weve lived here and there have been millions of religions and thousands before catholicism so those that came before catholicism are screwed? i mean come on but any way if your going to say that this is murder then why do republicans support the death penalty those are people we know have sentinence not just suspect
Latter-day Saints believe that they have been commissioned to provide in sacred temples essential ordinances such as baptism by proxy for the dead who did not have an opportunity during their lifetime to have those ordinances administered to them. Heavenly Father is loving, merciful, and just. Those who lived before are not "screwed". You can learn more about the religious beliefs and practices of Latter-day Saints at:

Mormon.org - Home

Some people are in favor of the death penalty and some are opposed to it, regardless of the political party (if any) that they favor. My guess is that most freedom-loving Americans are in favor of rule by law. Some laws provide for the death penalty for serious felonies such as murder. One of the major reasons for such serious penalties is to deter other potential criminals from committing the same crimes. Whether or not that works is debatable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2009, 12:17 AM

1,956 posts, read 3,640,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOBama View Post
Forced birth? You realize we are the only species on earth that purposefully aborts their offspring?
The rape argument is sad, instead of punishing the rapist, kill the baby that is 1/2 of the mother.
The African rape statistics are staggering, the prosecution of the rapists is virtually non existant. How about spending some time and money locking up the criminals and saving the babies.
You are wrong. There are quite a few animals that can voluntarily reabsorb their offspring unborn. Rabbits, canines, and guinea pigs, for instance.

Old 01-24-2009, 12:20 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,499,977 times
They do not do that on purpose.

Old 01-24-2009, 01:24 AM

1,956 posts, read 3,640,454 times
If the mother is stressed they can. Some of them have also been known to eat their own babies after birth.

Old 01-24-2009, 02:28 AM

4,593 posts, read 9,208,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justamere10 View Post
President Obama promised that he'd paste a friendly happy face on the USA image abroad. But one of his first acts as president is to arrange for the killing of unborn babies in foreign countries!

And force innocent USA tax-payers to pay the killers.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/01/23/obama-lift-ban-overseas-abortion-funding/

There's something wrong with that smiley!

I am of the opinion that good-living people should help get the word out that there's something deadly wrong with President Obama's picture. I'm certain that there are many USA tax-payers like myself who do not want to have the blood of murdered infants on their hands, regardless of where in the world the slaughter of innocents takes place.

I think that people who agree with me should do what they can to peacefully object to Obama's smiley. His idea of creating change by force funding the killing of unborn children in other countries is not the image of change that America should project to the world. (Even though our own nation already runs red with the blood of innocent human beings who were denied the right to take a breath of air, see their mother's face, and live!)

----
"It seems many are quick to dismiss the human embryo as nothing more than a glob of tissue. Talk about the worth of that embryo. A week-old embryo, with approximately 160 cells, may be called a "glob of tissue." But a single cell from that "glob" can be sexed as a male or female; the "glob" is immunologically and genotypically different from the mother, and is developing along the continuum of another human being. It is a miniature person with different capacities, and should be accorded the most fundamental right: the right to life with a future of value." Dr. Clement Persaud, microbiologist.

http://www.citizenlink.org/CLtopstories/A000007959.cfm

Comments?
Not this again.

Old 01-24-2009, 04:13 AM

1,402 posts, read 3,503,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justamere10 View Post
As long as abortion is legal it cannot be validly prosecuted as a criminal offence. If it is in fact illegal then the law should be allowed to run its course.
So-what do you consider suitable punishment for a woman having an illegal abortion? Life in prison, death penalty?

Old 01-24-2009, 05:36 AM

37,176 posts, read 19,259,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadbill View Post
So-what do you consider suitable punishment for a woman having an illegal abortion? Life in prison, death penalty?
Beat her about the ears with a whiffle bat.

Old 01-24-2009, 05:46 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,338,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
Even from your predominantly pro-life viewpoint, there are situations where abortion may be justified. In these circumstances (rape, incest, or a pregnancy that puts the woman's health at risk), there are many women in foreign countries who have had no access to this option, even if their life is at risk. Furthermore, they have been unable to receive sound education as to it's availability, safety and physical and psychological implications because of the restrictions Bush imposed.

Bush cutting off funding for clinics that provide abortions ,or even education, under any circumstances is as morally reprehensible to many as is Obama's repeal of such restrictions is to you.
I could never understand why you people think that the taxpayers should fund these so-called "clinics". Let them find there own funding, like any other private orgaization.

These places are all about abortion. Nothing more. That's been well documented for many years. I resent that my tax dollars fall into the hands of these baby killers.

Old 01-24-2009, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Well unfortunately in life, things do not go according to your exact plan. There are things that people pay for that they aren't exactly happy about, but guess what? That's life & you deal w/it & move on to issues that directly affect your life.
So what you are saying is that if we are forced to pay for the murder of babies, that's tough. Deal with it.

No. It's evil, and I won't just "deal with it".

Old 01-24-2009, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I'll focus on the "all men are created equal"...that doesn't seem to be the case in some instances, now does it? But that's a different topic altogether.
What it means is that all men are created with equal standing before God.

I'm always amazed at the lack of understanding of basic documents of our founding. Could it be because of the failure of our public (government) schools? Rhetorical question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections