Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2009, 12:41 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,047,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
Nice try.

If a person is not guilty of anything, that means that person is innocent.

So... what has any unborn child done to make it guilty?
Do you consider a fly innocent? Because a fly is more intelligent than a fetus at the time of more abortions. So, are all flies innocent? What about bacteria? Cancer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 12:44 PM

1,402 posts, read 3,502,450 times
Quote:
Nice try.

If a person is not guilty of anything, that means that person is innocent.

So... what has any unborn child done to make it guilty?
I dunno....but all these Christians tell me that babies come born into this world with this thing called original sin that only baptism can get rid of....

Or are you talking about something different?

Old 01-26-2009, 01:58 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,220,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadbill View Post
I dunno....but all these Christians tell me that babies come born into this world with this thing called original sin that only baptism can get rid of....

Or are you talking about something different?
What has an unborn baby done that makes him/her guilty of anything.

Abortion kills unborn babies. Period.

Old 01-26-2009, 01:59 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
FACT: Abortion ends the life of an unborn baby. Legal or otherwise, abortion kills unborn babies.
So you believe a fertilized egg is a baby?

If so, discussion over.

If not, just when does it become a 'baby'?

Old 01-26-2009, 02:01 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,220,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

If so, discussion over.

When does it become a baby?

Answer that.

Old 01-26-2009, 02:09 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:

Answer that.

What's the matter? No answer from you?

It was a very simple question.

Is a fertilized egg a baby in your mind?

I don't believe it is.

WHEN is irrelevant if you believe a fertilized egg is a baby and needs no further discussion unless you have a rational, science based argument that it is. Dogma is unacceptable.

Old 01-26-2009, 02:13 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
Quote:

Answer that.
Everyone's answer is subjective, based on emotion and opinion. There is no universally accepted answer, no scientifically proven answer. Hence the ruckus.

Old 01-26-2009, 02:16 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,047,421 times
Quote:

Answer that.
When it can survive without being in the womb.

Old 01-26-2009, 02:38 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justamere10 View Post
Of course not all taxes are used to fund social programs. The point of this thread is that today's executive order by President Obama is all about funding abortions, nothing else. It is likely that most of those groups were already being federally funded. They just have to quit promoting and carrying out abortions when the USA president is Republican, or carry on with only private funding. As of today they can again freely kill the unborn children of foreign mothers with the help of USA tax funds.

At least that's the way I see it. Where am I wrong?
The key word in all of the NEWS reports on this is 'RESTORED.'
That means that these groups were NOT getting any federal funding for the last eight years. Something else that has been overlooked:
groups that simply provided counseling services, if those services included talking about contraception or abortion, also lost their funding.

Also, another FACT that has gotten lost or conveniently ignored:

"Lifting the Mexico City Policy would not permit U.S. tax dollars to be used for abortions, but it would allow funding to resume to groups that provide other services, including counseling about abortions"

washingtonpost.com

Old 01-26-2009, 02:59 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,375,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

If so, discussion over.

I think it's a fact that the physical body of every human being who lives now or who has ever lived was once a "fertilized egg".

I think it's a fact that every woman who chooses to have an abortion made that choice because she knew if she didn't kill the new life within her she would give birth to a son or a daughter a few months after she discovered she was pregnant.

As I see it, the woman made the choice to kill a human being. However you care to define the beginnings of that new life or to rationalize its killing, it's a fact that no abortion, a baby is almost certain to be born to the world. Abortion, a baby is not born to the world. Seems simple enough to me.

You and I would not be having this discussion if ANY of the women in our ancestral line chose to kill the life that was beginning to stir within her.

Whether or not you think it "empowers" a woman to be able to kill with legal impunity her unborn sons and daughters, it's a fact that abortion is a choice to deliberately KILL a human being. That choice terminates a potential series of lifelong interactions similar to those myriad things each of us enriches this world and its people with. (You know, things like love, joy, happiness, good, evil, husbands, wives, lovers, sons, daughters, grandparents, greatgrandparents....)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections