Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 11:30 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,268,560 times

Advertisements

We should keep the wolves in Yellowstone and next on Obama's agenda should be to get rid of the snowmobiles - all of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2009, 01:17 AM

272 posts, read 408,544 times
than you President Obama, the Bush administration are sick degenerate human beings who care nothing about the earth, animals or their fellow man, their only concern is their profits, these people should be tied up and hung in public exectutions in Washington DC

Thank you Obama for doing something right where the evil ones wanted to do something wrong

Old 01-24-2009, 01:25 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,234,857 times
Wolves respond well to .223. If the government can't deal with the varmints, it's up to the citizens. Doesn't anyone raise chickens anymore?

Old 01-24-2009, 08:04 AM

18,359 posts, read 26,545,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
You're probably right about your whole post. Recently purchased a USDA map of Cibola national Forest, and everywhere on this map shaded in white, is now privately owned land (by ranchers) forest land is disappearing, thanks to the gov't. selling off forest lands, and to rich cattle ranchers. speaking of which, watch your speed on state roads in new mexico, these ranchers let their cattle roam freely everywhere, and I mean everywhere. Before moving here, I never knew that Uncle Sam allowed ranchers to graze on public lands, for free. so, the cattle rancher's lobbying must be very, very powerful. it'll be interesting to see if President Obama changes things.
National forests (and grasslands) were created with the intention of making the resources available for use. Timber, grazing, wildlife, etc. And actually a permit is needed for grazing, cutting timber, etc.

Old 01-24-2009, 09:48 AM

84 posts, read 123,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
What jumped off the page was your reference to Bush preserving life. After reading that, there is no reason to go further. Bush has never, nor will he ever do anything to preserve life. Whatever he did, he did for cronieism on Cheney's orders and that is why thay attempted to squeak it thru during their final hours.
You're digging yourself a bigger hole with your sweeping statements, and bringing up subjects I wasn't discussing. You can do yourself a favor if you stop and acknowledge I had a good point with my first post.

Old 01-24-2009, 09:53 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,747,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
We should keep the wolves in Yellowstone and next on Obama's agenda should be to get rid of the snowmobiles - all of them.
I'll second that

Old 01-24-2009, 10:29 AM

27,625 posts, read 21,170,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelCC View Post
You're digging yourself a bigger hole with your sweeping statements, and bringing up subjects I wasn't discussing. You can do yourself a favor if you stop and acknowledge I had a good point with my first post.
I call it as I see it. Don't even attmept to convince me that the Bush Crime has ever done anything beneficial or noble. If their fingerprints are on it, it stinks. They couldn't push their agenda to remove the Yellowstone wolves off of the endangered species list awhile back, so they tried again in their last hours. Very representative of the way they have always operated. If Bush told me today was Saturday, I wouldn't believe him. Because of Cheney we had the biggest salmon kill in history, so how much did this bogus administration ever give a rat's butt for conservation of any kind.

Leaving No Tracks | Cheney | washingtonpost.com

Last edited by sickofnyc; 01-24-2009 at 10:55 AM..

Old 01-24-2009, 10:41 AM

2,397 posts, read 4,712,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
And, I don't know if anyone else knows this or not, but wolves are not preditory to human beings, which is a popular misconception, wolves do not attack humans, in fact, they're rather timid towards humans. and this is a little know fact too, wolves have never attacked a human in north america, ever. kudo's to mr.O. BTW, I wonder if palin still hunts wolves from airplanes and choppers?
wow, we actually have a president that gives a sh*t for a change. smart guy.

Wrong. There have been wolf attacks on people in N America.

WOLF ATTACKS ON HUMANS

Wolf attack a tragic, cautionary tale

International Wolf Center News & Events

Old 01-24-2009, 10:58 AM

27,625 posts, read 21,170,815 times
What is up with Bush supporters and disregard for wildlife? Palin also has a rep for wolf killing. Birds of a feather do flock together so to speak. Yes, a definite correlation between a Bush supporter and anti-ecological practices. Very reptilian ideals.

Old 01-24-2009, 11:08 AM

18,359 posts, read 26,545,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
What is up with Bush supporters and disregard for wildlife? Palin also has a rep for wolf killing. Birds of a feather do flock together so to speak. Yes, a definite correlation between a Bush supporter and anti-ecological practices. Very reptilian ideals.
Disregard? Disregard is letting them get overpopulated to the point where they damage the population of prey species, prey heavily on livestock and pets, and become extremely unhealthy themselves. That's what happens when wolves (or other animals) get overpopulated. Wolves in that area are abundant and no longer belong on the endangered species list. Science versus emotions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections