Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 05:48 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Poll shows high early approval rating for Obama « - Blogs from CNN.com
(CNN) — More than two-thirds of Americans approve of President Obama's job performance during his initial days in the White House, an approval rating that significantly exceeds the early poll numbers of his two immediate predecessors

Seems like the love affair continues. Guess the naysayers are still a significant MINORITY. This is good for many and I know they are smiling across this great land still.

If you read the article you will see his disapproval rating is 12%.
It's way too early for polls on approval. He hasn't done anything yet except make a bunch of asinine comments and issue some highly controversial "executive orders". So far, in my view, he's scoring very low. He's looking like an ass and a dictator already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2009, 06:04 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,316,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
Give this time. He's going to do good and bad things. If times remain tough, he is going to take much of the blame (justified or not). There are going to be record deficits and debt during his Admin. He can blame it on Bush, but he's choosing to expand them. While this is, in theory, being done with good intentions
I am mystified how a person of voting age could believe this, but then again somebody voted this nobody into office.

Old 01-24-2009, 06:28 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Remember, Bush had the highest approval rating of ANY PRESIDENT during his first year.
Not quite. Here's gallup poll of last eleven president thru their tenure. His high point was soon after 9-11 when the country united behind him, and it all downhill from there.

What stands out is that Clinton is the only one who left office with higher rating (about 65%) than when he entered the office (about 55%). Reagan was next best at 60% and 55% respectively.

Old 01-24-2009, 08:42 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
But-but-but how can that be? That would mean some dems were willing to give him a chance and I know that can't be true. I mean, not considering what I've read on this forum. You know, about the hateful libs who never gave Bush a chance...

I've seen at least a dozen posts stating that the big defense for not giving Obama a chance is: "That's what you did to Bush. All you democrats got together and decided to not give Bush a chance, not even from the first day."

Hmmmm.... if all the dems were trying to trip him up from the start, how did Bush get that approval rating?
Me thinks you got em Normie. Great use of logic and their previous whines.

Old 01-24-2009, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
It's way too early for polls on approval. He hasn't done anything yet except make a bunch of asinine comments and issue some highly controversial "executive orders". So far, in my view, he's scoring very low. He's looking like an ass and a dictator already.
68% disagree with you and 12% agree. You may not like the numbers but those are the numbers. So continue to alienate the majority and you just may get a total of 8 years to meltdown over.

Old 01-24-2009, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
I am mystified how a person of voting age could believe this, but then again somebody voted this nobody into office.
Yup a majority and an increasing majority. So get use to minority status as it appears you are about 1 in 8 and that is being generous.

Old 01-24-2009, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAbilene View Post
It is unfortunate that the entire 12% who disapprove of him are contributors to this forum--at least it sometimes seems like that.
When you melt down you spread and seep and seem to be all over the place. Like a candle if you know what I mean.

Old 01-24-2009, 08:52 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Wow, he has really proved himself to be an AMAZING preisdent.........

............in his first 4 days.

Maybe we should give it a while.

Remember, Bush had the highest approval rating of ANY PRESIDENT during his first year.
Bush had LOW approval ratings his first six months...they would've been lower but nobody saw him much because he was on vacation 46% of the time....his ratings conveniently went up after 9/11 and ANY president would've got higher ratings under those circumstances.

Old 01-24-2009, 08:55 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,482,098 times
After 5 days in office....

I give Barack a big fat zero.

Old 01-24-2009, 08:57 PM

404 posts, read 560,975 times
Big deal, Carter came into office and had 75% and left with a 44% rating. Truman left with 32%. GW during 9/11 had the highest of any president with 90%, lets see if the messiah goes that high?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections