Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 06:15 PM

194 posts, read 531,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaschic View Post
pipe dream....and poor whites are the only ones making meth & growing weed?
Weed everybody does no matter if its rich, poor, black, white. hispanic, or asian. But if you look at the places hit the hardest by meth. Its mostly in all white area's in the south, midwest, rural north and rural west coast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2009, 06:55 PM

952 posts, read 3,713,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Serious question: does having President Obama to look up to mean that the much higher rates of violent crime in the African American community will go down, or is that to much of an expectation to place on Barrack?

I know it's not a fair question: Bush was never expected to end poor Whites making meth or growing marijuana. But race in America isn't fair, and many people expect Obama to end crime in the low income segment of the Black community.

Will it happen, or is it just a pipe dream?

Noway! Just a DREAM!

Old 01-24-2009, 08:49 PM

9,884 posts, read 11,044,312 times
When you look at all the "role models" black kids have had (Colin Powell, Condi Rice, Bill Cosby, Oprah, etc.) If THEY haven't been able to make much of a positive effect on the community, what makes you think a self-cofessed "mutt" will do any good?
Remember, he is half white, AND he is NOT descended from a southern United States slave family. In fact, his ancestry is from the wrong part of Africa to even have any slave ancestry at all! From what I have read, this in itself is enough that many blacks don't consider him "one of their own".
I don't think he will accomplish much of anything in the black community once the thrill of where he is wears off.

Old 01-24-2009, 08:54 PM

4,592 posts, read 9,241,110 times
Pipe Dream, criminals usually don't care about politics anyway.

Old 01-24-2009, 08:57 PM

61,254 posts, read 87,741,987 times
i think (since you asked) that there will be a huge breakup of AA centers of population where for some reason poverty and crime have been rampant.
it will be disbursed. the concept of synergy + or - works in reverse as well.

Old 01-24-2009, 09:45 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,494,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
When you look at all the "role models" black kids have had (Colin Powell, Condi Rice, Bill Cosby, Oprah, etc.) If THEY haven't been able to make much of a positive effect on the community, what makes you think a self-cofessed "mutt" will do any good?
Remember, he is half white, AND he is NOT descended from a southern United States slave family. In fact, his ancestry is from the wrong part of Africa to even have any slave ancestry at all! From what I have read, this in itself is enough that many blacks don't consider him "one of their own".
I don't think he will accomplish much of anything in the black community once the thrill of where he is wears off.
This post is a pipe dream..Give up the half white nonsense. OJ is part white, why didn't you claim him? I guess the 99% of blacks that voted for Obama thought he was "something else"..LOL..Obama is as black as any African-American in the country. We all have differing levels of varied blood in us. It's funny how all of sudden some white folks want to claim half of Obama. If he'd have lost he would've just been another n***a!

Old 01-24-2009, 09:52 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,867,373 times
possibly but not because barracks skin color!

Old 01-24-2009, 10:09 PM

862 posts, read 2,628,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Serious question: does having President Obama to look up to mean that the much higher rates of violent crime in the African American community will go down, or is that to much of an expectation to place on Barrack?
The opposite is true. Crime has increased since Obama took office. Obama admitted to doing cocaine & pot. He snorted a couple lines per day. He did not admit to shooting heroin but the jury is out. So people are following his lead and they are snorting coke.

Cops in upstate New York this week broke up a drug ring that allegedly sold heroin under several brand names, including "Obama." The president's surname was stamped in red ink on small glassine wrappers that were peddled by street dealers.

Old 01-24-2009, 10:12 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,867,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBear View Post
The opposite is true. Crime has increased since Obama took office. Obama admitted to doing cocaine. He snorted a couple lines per day. He did not admit to shooting heroin but the jury is out.

Cops in upstate New York this week broke up a drug ring that allegedly sold heroin under several brand names, including "Obama." The president's surname was stamped in red ink on small glassine wrappers that were peddled by street dealers.
Where is the proof? I know you have no problem with snorting cocaine since you support Bush! A known coke head!

Old 01-24-2009, 11:06 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,307,977 times
In the few criminal justice classes I took, the one point my professor made which makes sense is this. The majority of those who sell drugs and are in gangs are poor and see that have two choices. You can go to work at McDonald's make 5.75 an hour or you can sell weed, crack, LSD whatever and make a few hundred a day. Obviously most choose the later because it is easier.

Until you change poverty then you won't really get rid of gangs, drug dealers and low class crime and that goes for every race
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections