Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 08:59 AM

5,760 posts, read 8,093,844 times

Advertisements

Did a white president from prestigious east coast schools stop the wall street crooks from tubing the economy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2009, 03:14 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,431,765 times
I'm not sure how to answer this question since every other thread on here says he's biracial so I guess the question should be do u think a biracial president will mean less crime in the biracial community nope people who commit crimes will continue to do so regardless of what race the president is.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:19 PM

22 posts, read 56,038 times
Blacks are not one entity. Out of me and my three siblings, we all live totally different lives. We come from a two parent, middle class black family. One is into crime and wants to be a thug, one (me) is all about work, one is into having children and family, and one is into college and education. So it doesnt really matter who the leader is.......i guess ur experiences and circumstances kinda dictate ur choices in life.....some choose a life of crime.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:21 PM

22 posts, read 56,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
did a white president from prestigious east coast schools stop the wall street crooks from tubing the economy?

great point!!!

Old 02-24-2009, 09:50 AM

13,813 posts, read 28,614,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Obama is as black as any African-American in the country. We all have differing levels of varied blood in us. It's funny how all of sudden some white folks want to claim half of Obama. If he'd have lost he would've just been another n***a!
When one is half-black, and male, it would definitely be to your advantage to claim the bottom half as black.

Old 02-24-2009, 10:34 AM

2,541 posts, read 5,873,185 times
No. Since most black crime is black on black...

Old 02-25-2009, 07:07 PM

404 posts, read 562,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Serious question: does having President Obama to look up to mean that the much higher rates of violent crime in the African American community will go down, or is that to much of an expectation to place on Barrack?

I know it's not a fair question: Bush was never expected to end poor Whites making meth or growing marijuana. But race in America isn't fair, and many people expect Obama to end crime in the low income segment of the Black community.

Will it happen, or is it just a pipe dream?
Just a pipe dream, it may even go up more.

Old 02-25-2009, 07:12 PM

362 posts, read 777,167 times
Quote:
Serious question: does having President Obama to look up to mean that the much higher rates of violent crime in the African American community will go down, or is that to much of an expectation to place on Barrack?

I know it's not a fair question: Bush was never expected to end poor Whites making meth or growing marijuana. But race in America isn't fair, and many people expect Obama to end crime in the low income segment of the Black community.

Will it happen, or is it just a pipe dream?
well, black men will see that they might be able to accomplish what Obama did now, and I"m talking about young black boys, so yes, I do thinik that might happen, becuase that Chip on their shoulder is now chipped off. Now if they keep questioning him, like alot of black people do, then they've only done a disservice to themselves.

Old 02-25-2009, 07:14 PM

362 posts, read 777,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTYankee69 View Post
Just a pipe dream, it may even go up more.
you might be right since black men are starting to get really on some"braggin'" type vibe that is unbeknownst to me. It's like they're living vicariously through Barrack

Old 02-25-2009, 09:36 PM

37,848 posts, read 41,209,489 times
Quote:
No impact either way but the President's economy policies will have a negative impact on crime in all communities. Seriously, when they were talking about "shovel ready" ways to use actual stimulus money for jobs, it should have gone for hiring more police in all communities and building more prisons. Not sure about violent crime but all theft related crime (shoplifting, employee theft, burglary, grand larceny, purse snatchings, etc.) I expect to go through the roof.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections