Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 01:55 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,487,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
And we all know that nobama has more than a few skeletons in his closet...
We do? That's news to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2009, 02:00 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,839,723 times
If Bush has nothing to hide from us, it should not be a problem for him. This information, after all, is public record. Taking away our right to see it, is another step away from democracy. Good for Obama!!!

Old 01-25-2009, 02:02 PM

1,080 posts, read 1,712,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
If Bush has nothing to hide from us, it should not be a problem for him. This information, after all, is public record. Taking away our right to see it, is another step away from democracy. Good for Obama!!!
Ok, first of all, there are things that government have to do that the public doesn't necessarily need to know about. It was true of the Bush government and will be true of the Obama government. As I said, it's a necessary evil of government.

Second, we do not have a democracy...we have a republic.

Old 01-25-2009, 02:02 PM

4,664 posts, read 8,244,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkel25 View Post
On a scale of 1-10, how transparent is the British government?

Pretty high. The government has to answer questions from opposition in Parliament. The PM is also accountable to the Queen, who has access the to the same information he has (although I don't agree with a monarchy in general).

The most important aspect of transparancy in British public office is the Freedom of Information Act that was passed in 2000. It means any British citizencan write to their local office and ask for any information they want with regard to public office. It has to be provided under this act.

59 things that would have stayed secret - Times Online

Old 01-25-2009, 02:28 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,589,859 times
Quote:
Well thats really stupid on NObama's part. And we all know that nobama has more than a few skeletons in his closet...
If there are "plenty of skeletons" in Obama's closet, do you really think he'd be doing this? Clearly, he has nothing to hide and intends to keep it that way. Keep reachin' for things it makes you feel better, though...!

Old 01-25-2009, 02:30 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,649,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkel25 View Post
Nobody makes it to the highest office in the country without picking up a few skeletons.
Oh, I agree. I am sure Obama has some secrets he would rather not see shown to the world. But as I said, the Bush family has a long legacy of lies and deception passed down through the generations. A Skull and Bones family, they certainly have far more to hide.

Old 01-25-2009, 02:32 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,777,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post

On his first day in office, President Obama put former president Bush on notice. His administration just released an executive order that will make it difficult for Bush to shield his White House records - and those of former Vice President Dick Cheney - from public scrutiny by invoking the doctrine of executive privilege. Shortly after taking office, Bush handed down his own executive order, amending the Presidential Records Act to give current and past presidents, along with their heirs, veto power over the release of presidential records, which are considered the property of the American people.

MotherJones Blog: Obama to Bush: I Can Release Your Records. Don't Like It? Sue.
Good for Obama! These are the public's records and we have every right to see them! He should release sleazy Willies too!

Old 01-25-2009, 02:34 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,238,037 times
Quote:
Well thats really stupid on NObama's part. Doesnt he know that if he tries to pull that..there will be retaliation by the Republican party? And we all know that nobama has more than a few skeletons in his closet...
Name two.

If Hillary, McCain, the RNC, the NRA, Limbaugh, Hannity, and Fox News didn't pull them out for display, you may have to settle for a pretty thin soup if you use the bones you find.

In the words of a republican, "Bring 'em on!".

Old 01-25-2009, 02:36 PM

1,080 posts, read 1,712,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Name two.

If Hillary, McCain, the RNC, the NRA, Limbaugh, Hannity, and Fox News didn't pull them out for display, you may have to settle for a pretty thin soup if you use the bones you find.

In the words of a republican, "Bring 'em on!".
Well, they did pull some of them out...the true believers just don't care.

Old 01-25-2009, 02:39 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,238,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Oh, I agree. I am sure Obama has some secrets he would rather not see shown to the world. But as I said, the Bush family has a long legacy of lies and deception passed down through the generations. A Skull and Bones family, they certainly have far more to hide.
Such as business collaborations with the Nazis and the Bin Laden family?

No, too late to hide those. Those are common knowledge.

Weapons sales to Iran and Iraq?

Nope. Too well documented.

Oh, well. I'm sure we can find something new. Maybe Bid Rigging with Halliburton or collusion and kickbacks from Big Oil or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections