Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 07:11 PM

37,558 posts, read 19,425,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Why? These people have done nothing.

The people who ought to be investigated are Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, Barney Frank, Chris Dodd ... I can't even think of all the names I'd like to see on the list. These people are the masters of deception and corruption, and they are high level officials. Who was Rove, but a guy in the background (basically).

By that logic, John Gotti was merely a "guy in the background".

Nice try, BTW. Props.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2009, 07:26 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,210,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
A President has that right.
It's not a right, it's a responsibility

They all serve at the pleasure of the President,
They don't work for the President. They work for the American people

and Clinton cleaned house too. Only difference is that Clinton did it at the beginning of his term. Remember,
Yeah we do. We also remember that Bush also did it at the beginning of his term and no one complained about that. But when he starts removing them for political purposes, for them not performing their dutes in a partisan manner then that is a violation of the public trust
Great post but this has been discussed forever and there still are repubs who refuse to get it...or are unable to understand anything that can't be put on a bumper stick.

Old 01-31-2009, 07:32 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,230,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Great post but this has been discussed forever and there still are repubs who refuse to get it...or are unable to understand anything that can't be put on a bumper stick.
What is a bumper stick, genius?

Old 01-31-2009, 08:47 PM

37,558 posts, read 19,425,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
What is a bumper stick, genius?
It's the present tense of a bumper stuck.

Old 01-31-2009, 08:57 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,230,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
It's the present tense of a bumper stuck.
Ooooo... I like that.

Old 02-01-2009, 01:22 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,357,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
So I take it that you support Obama's wire tapping?

If so I guess you get a point for honest hypocrisy.

If not then I agree and Obama should be held responsible for such illegal activities.
Deflection, quite dishonest in a political discussion.
Start with one question and change it just a bit when it's not an answer that you like. You learn quite well from your pundit, don't you.

You do know that, don't you?

Old 02-01-2009, 06:12 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,125,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
Good... maybe people in power will finally start being held accountable.

For the first time in a while it seems we have a president who is not afraid to be scrutinized. It says a lot about Obama, and it also says a lot about the presidents before him. If you're doing it wrong of course you're going to want to cover up documents, especially if you know it's wrong.

"Payback" isn't something to be afraid of if you're doing things right and not cheating the American people.

Old 02-01-2009, 06:40 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,263,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Oh, yeah....and John Murtha ought to be hung, for what he has called our brave millitary men. Get that guy in there for interrogation. He needs to go.

Pennsylvania voters.....where are you? Get rid of that scum bag!

Sorry about this post. I'm reacting to ignorance.
hanged...

Although all of the charges have been dropped against all of the Marines – except for one – involved in the killing of Iraqi civilians in Haditha in 2005, Rep. John Murtha (D-Pa.) said he stands by his May 2006 remarks that the Marines involved “killed innocent civilians in cold blood.”

[“Recently, all the charges were dropped with the soldiers involved in the Haditha event....now that the charges have been dropped, do you think that was the right thing to say?”]

“Yes, I think it was,” the right thing to say, Murtha told CNSNews.com on Wednesday. “That’s my job. My job is due. Listen, the NCIS (Naval Criminal Investigation Service) came to exactly the same conclusion I did."

“They had a two-star general investigate it,” said Murtha. “General Hagee went over right after I spoke out and talked to all of the Marines in the field and said ‘you got to stop this kind of killing.’”

CNSNews.com - Murtha Maintains He Was Right to Say Marines ‘Killed Innocent Civilians in Cold Blood’ (http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=40726 - broken link)

Michael Hagee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Haditha killings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-10-2009, 10:05 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,826,632 times
They should throw his flabby ass in jail, and let Bubba 'toss his salad'. HAHAHA!

Old 02-11-2009, 08:59 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,263,230 times
"The House Judiciary committee has agreed to a request from Karl Rove's lawyer, Robert Luskin, to postpone the deadline by which Rove must respond to a subpoena issued by the committee....setting a new date of February 23 for Rove's testimony.

"The Obama administration is scheduled to file a brief on February 18 in the ongoing court case over the House's subpoena of two other senior Bush White House aides, Harriet Miers and Josh Bolten."

TPMMuckraker | Talking Points Memo | Buying Obama Time, Congress Delays Rove Subpoena Deadline
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections