Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 09:39 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,825,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
I don't know if that was directed at me, but since it was a response to my post I'll just say that I'm not on the left and didn't vote for Obama. When it comes to protecting our country I'm not interested in what party is in charge, I just want them to get the job done.
The problem is one party will do it, the other won't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2009, 09:40 AM

355 posts, read 955,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
I find it troubling that they have a history of violence...
You do realize that Europe was in an almost constant state of war up until WWII?

You realize that the U.S. has been engaged in the Revolutionary War, War of 1812, battles with Spain and Mexico in the mid 1800s, the Civil War, the Spanish-American War, WWI, WWI, the Korean War, Vietnam, the Gulf War, the Afgan War, Iraq War, and numerous military actions in between?

My point is not that we or Europeans are bad, rather from a certain perspective the same can be said of virtually any culture, region, or nation.

Old 01-27-2009, 09:40 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,825,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
I'll defer to your expertise on the subject. Did it run in your whole family?
That was just a glorified "I know you are but what am I?".

Old 01-27-2009, 09:43 AM

2,500 posts, read 2,915,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
That was just a glorified "I know you are but what am I?".
Nah, you brought the name calling into it. I had no interest in doing that. Anyway, I'm off to work. We can agree to disagree. Have a good day.

Old 01-27-2009, 09:47 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,008,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyboopster View Post
You are making assumptions. You have concluded that I bought a car, and my world is sunny. When all I said was that I saw the price of a used car, and that I am not blaming anyone for my problems. Oh, and that I'm not currently out of a job, but that it is something I've dealt with in the past, so believe me, I know what it's like.

The "larger world" has always faced serious difficulties. Yet the media does lie, and it has been proven over and over. I am sorry that you fall for it.
You keep insisting that the economic shambles the world is in currently is an elaborate "media" lie, and that people who believe it to be true have been duped by "the media." (Note: Fox seems to be in on it too! ) The reasons you give for thinking so are that you have a job and that car prices havent come down as dramatically as you think they would if we actually were in trouble. This is a foolishly insulated approach to reality and when you bring it out into the open you really cant be surprised when people call you on it.

Old 01-27-2009, 09:48 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,509,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
Well then, why don't you send a letter to Obama and ask him why he is worried about addressing the Muslim World as opposed to addressing his brutha's in the ghetto.
Read the thread title!
how lovely! So now we go from bashing the Muslim world to bashing the "bruthas in the ghetto" since I guess you think only blacks commit murders in the US. Why does it not surprise me you are from Dorchester?

Old 01-27-2009, 09:55 AM

270 posts, read 520,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
You keep insisting that the economic shambles the world is in currently is an elaborate "media" lie, and that people who believe it to be true have been duped by "the media." (Note: Fox seems to be in on it too! ) The reasons you give for thinking so are that you have a job and that car prices havent come down as dramatically as you think they would if we actually were in trouble. This is a foolishly insulated approach to reality and when you bring it out into the open you really cant be surprised when people call you on it.
lol, the only thing you've "called" me on is a couple of assumptions that I never said.

Yes, the media claims that you can get really great deals now on cars, and if you walk out of the bubble and go see for yourself, you will see the deals are not to be had. Just do it--go see for yourself. Yes, the media tells us how much Sarah Palin's entire wardrobe costs, but not how much one of Michelle's dresses costs. Yes, the media tells us alot of lies, and you might not like to be told you've been duped, so I won't be the one to say it. You already did.

Old 01-27-2009, 10:07 AM

1,317 posts, read 5,257,156 times
I dont worry daily about terrorism. But I DO agree with the
assesments the Carolina Cowboy had made. Obama is taking
the wrong approach. As expected.

Greenchili

Old 01-27-2009, 10:08 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,597,528 times
Maybe we should stick to the approach used for the last 8 years???? Hmm yeah that seemed to work really well.

Old 01-27-2009, 10:12 AM

270 posts, read 520,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
Maybe we should stick to the approach used for the last 8 years???? Hmm yeah that seemed to work really well.
Yes it did. And what would your approach be?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections