U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 06:59 PM

11,752 posts, read 19,243,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
now I do agree with alot of this.I wont appolgize though.

oh and adopt the same immigration laws that Mexico has regarding immigrants.You can only immigate if you are a professional,and can support yourself.You can only retire here if you bring your own money and do not work.O therwise you get arrested.
responding again I'll add.Yes I think America would do wise to remember Wshingtons comment about being careful about becoming entangled in alliances.But I also think T Roosevelts comment about walking softly but carrying a big stick does well to.

Ever been bullied,I have,like back in school.One thing I learned is they will keep bullying you till you stand up and make them bleed.

I think America should be more careful,but there are times when you gotta knock them down.Thing is America and western nations in general whip out the big stick and knock em down but then reach out pull them up,hand them a band aid and even take them to the hospital.

If America was truely a evil empire and the bully we would beat the s*** out of somebody and leave them to bleed only caring about ourselves but overall we pick up the pieces while looking after our own interests.

And now matter what you think about 9-11 they purposely targeted civilians,they didnt go after military targets only.

And also I dont think we should adopt Mexico's immigration laws,America is home for anybody who wants to be American including the poor,but there has to be balance and regulation to immigration which now there is not.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2007, 07:11 PM

1,900 posts, read 1,983,289 times
America was feared before our invasion of Iraq, now everyone knows if they keep their head down through the air attack then America can't do much on the ground, up they can run their divisions right through any country, but then what, the American military isn't big enough to hold the ground.

The US has what 10-15 divisions on the ground in Iraq. The Germans had 120 divisions in Yugoslavia and they could not hold the ground. The US has very little military credibility today.

When you toss in the fact that our Iraq engagement is financed by the Chinese, it become apparent that we are no longer capable of unilateral action. We can only beat up those who the Chinese allow us to.

Teddy was right, Bush was wrong, dead wrong.

Yes, it was awful the civilian death count on 9/11, but, what was the Iraq civilian death count in the Gulf war?

You may have forgotten that Richard the Lion Hearted killed over 3,000 women and children at Acre, but, the Arabs haven't. That may seem like a long time ago to you, but, it doesn't to them.

The Muslim fundamentalists have no problem in finding more muslims killed by Christians than vice versa.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or