U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 08:42 PM

6,759 posts, read 10,764,801 times

Advertisements

Damn right. Spending $5billion annually outside the US will end poverty. Just ask the families who send their kids to public schools in the poverty stricken areas across America. They aren't poor anymore as soon as their kid gets to school.

Brilliant Edwards, just brilliant.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2007, 08:54 PM

85 posts, read 379,138 times
Rightwing nut case ?
Karl Marx was the great grandaddy of liberals and Lenin the grandfather of modern day liberals.
Marxism is a failed concept, yet, our schools and universities continue to spout the "party' line....Facts haunt liberals so they resort to name-calling.
I'd rather be a rightwing nutcase than a Marxist any ol' day...even tho I'm an independent. So, thank you.

Old 03-18-2007, 09:20 PM

1,900 posts, read 1,977,895 times
Nah, you just parrot the rants of Limbaugh. You can apply what ever label you like, but one identifies a tree by its fruit.

The easiest way to identify a rightwing nutcase is that they perseverate on has been Democrat politicians like Kerry or Bill Clinton. Instead of original thought, they simply parrot nitwits like Hannity or bloviators like Limbaugh.

I understand that rational thought is difficult, but it does separate us from Chimpanzees.

Did either Karl Marx or Lenin give America lighthouses, freeways, Railways? No, but Liberals did. Time to whip out that library card and get some reading done.

Old 03-19-2007, 05:30 AM

14,495 posts, read 24,562,627 times
Thumbs up lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
Nah, you just parrot the rants of Limbaugh. You can apply what ever label you like, but one identifies a tree by its fruit.

The easiest way to identify a rightwing nutcase is that they perseverate on has been Democrat politicians like Kerry or Bill Clinton. Instead of original thought, they simply parrot nitwits like Hannity or bloviators like Limbaugh.

I understand that rational thought is difficult, but it does separate us from Chimpanzees.

Did either Karl Marx or Lenin give America lighthouses, freeways, Railways? No, but Liberals did. Time to whip out that library card and get some reading done.
~
nice post. Many people against the aforementioned were also once Republicans (like me) sickened by the likes of Bush and Cheney. But small minds need to generalize, I guess.

sunny

Old 03-19-2007, 05:58 AM

2,967 posts, read 1,902,036 times
Quote:
Another rightwing nutcase, Limbaugh has made millions off guys like this.
If Limbaugh wasn't so effective, and so right on the liberals wouldn't hate him so much. Limbaugh gets the liberals right where it hurts.

Old 03-19-2007, 07:14 AM

define effective. He appeals the that part of society that needs to be told how to think; the servile. I don't think liberals hate him, I think people who use reason despise him, a bit of a difference.

His usual rhetorical tool is the strawman argument. He misrepresents the facts then demolishes the argument based on misrepresented facts.

He uses a series of rhetorical tools that are essentially a distortion of the actual reality. That there are those who believe speaks to the failure of the American School system.

The reason there are few successful "liberal" talk shows is that people who reason do not need leaders.

Old 03-19-2007, 09:36 AM

405 posts, read 1,168,919 times
There is a reason 'John-Boy Edwards' only ran for one term in NC. He would have taken such a beating that his grandchildren would still be bruised.

He was labeled 'Senator Gone' in the first month of his term. He has the worst voting record of anyone in Senate history - because he wasn't interested in doing his job for North Carolina (as he was elected to do), he is only interested in running for President. Period.

I wouldn't vote for him if he were running for Dog Catcher - and I LIVE IN NORTH CAROLINA - I KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.

Oh, BTW, How much of the millions that he made chasing ambulances is he going to contribute to the 'cause du jour'?

Old 03-19-2007, 09:38 AM

2,967 posts, read 1,902,036 times
Quote:
define effective. He appeals the that part of society that needs to be told how to think; the servile. I don't think liberals hate him, I think people who use reason despise him, a bit of a difference.

His usual rhetorical tool is the strawman argument. He misrepresents the facts then demolishes the argument based on misrepresented facts.

He uses a series of rhetorical tools that are essentially a distortion of the actual reality. That there are those who believe speaks to the failure of the American School system.

The reason there are few successful "liberal" talk shows is that people who reason do not need leaders.

No, the reason there are few successful "liberal" talk shows has nothing to do with leadership. Talk shows are not about having a leader. . it is a place for discourse, where people can speak their opinions with others who are interested in our country and current affairs, and debate the topics of the day. Democrats are not interested in talking amoungst themselves, many just want to aruge with conservatives. A lot of the democrats can't be pulled away from their tvs and their couch potato ways long enough to engage in a debate. The reason the liberal talk radio didn't make it has nothing to do with lack of trying. they just couldn't get the audience.

Old 03-19-2007, 11:01 AM

Apparently your vast range of reading has not reached the information on why conservatives are conservatives and why liberals are liberals.

What I stated is true and factual.

Incidentally around 40% of Americans consider themselves Conservative
Around 18-20% of Americans consider themselves Liberal.

Quote:
A lot of the democrats can't be pulled away from their tvs and their couch potato ways long enough to engage in a debate.
Back this up or back off, it is baloney and you know it.

Old 03-19-2007, 12:23 PM

7,379 posts, read 7,012,952 times
His proposals show just how naive he is, or how stupid he thinks the American electorate is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or