U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 12:44 PM

2,967 posts, read 1,904,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
Apparently your vast range of reading has not reached the information on why conservatives are conservatives and why liberals are liberals.

What I stated is true and factual.

Incidentally around 40% of Americans consider themselves Conservative
Around 18-20% of Americans consider themselves Liberal.

Back this up or back off, it is baloney and you know it.
18-20% of Americans consider themselves liberal. The rest are too embarassed to admit it because it has such a negative conotation.

I find it telling that in almost every single one of your post you try and put someone down by stating things such as "In your vast range of reading", and " I understand analysing text for meaning can be tough", and the ever so condescending "A basic understanding of gramatical construction is handy" and it goes on ad naseum. I guess putting people down makes some feel better about themselves. . .
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2007, 01:07 PM

1,900 posts, read 1,982,154 times
Only the right wing whackos. I find it odd that people can feel so strongly with so little knowledge, although it does explain why anyone voted for Bush.

Remember this Mijo, America was created as the most liberal government in history.

People who define themselves as Conservatives were Monarchists.

Quote:
18-20% of Americans consider themselves liberal. The rest are too embarassed to admit it because it has such a negative conotation.
This statement alone does not reflect knowledge or understanding of the subject.

That said, I imagine I am far more conservative than you, but, my conservatism is not based on fear, but on a desire to conserve, water, air, forests, critters, and American soldiers lives.

Old 03-19-2007, 01:10 PM

7,379 posts, read 7,017,014 times
Quote:
That said, I imagine I am far more conservative than you, but, my conservatism is not based on fear, but on a desire to conserve, water, air, forests, critters, and American soldiers lives.
And, I suspect, much less so of the American economy.

Old 03-19-2007, 01:12 PM

I am not sure what that sentence means, care to clarify?

Old 03-19-2007, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post

I find it telling that in almost every single one of your post you try and put someone down by stating things such as "In your vast range of reading", and " I understand analysing text for meaning can be tough", and the ever so condescending "A basic understanding of gramatical construction is handy" and it goes on ad naseum. I guess putting people down makes some feel better about themselves. . .
You're right there Spunky1, many won't admiti it. We've now grown accumstomed to the term "the L word". The liberal label has now gained the same stigma as McCarthyite and has ended the political careers of many who call themselves such.

Old 03-19-2007, 01:20 PM

The use of the term Liberal is another Limbaughesqe strawman argument. The ill thinking conservatives come up with a definition then attack it, the fact that there is little reality to their definition does not deter them at all.

Old 03-19-2007, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Only the right wing whackos. I find it odd that people can feel so strongly with so little knowledge, although it does explain why anyone voted for Bush.

Remember this Mijo, America was created as the most liberal government in history.

People who define themselves as Conservatives were Monarchists.

This statement alone does not reflect knowledge or understanding of the subject.

There you go again with your superior tone.. . So anyone who voted for Bush has a knowledge deficit in your mind? You have such a superior knowledge base.. . And as far as being "far more conservative than you". I highly doubt it, but of course you don't know anything about me and I am probably a greater lover of the outdoors, and have spent more time in National Forests hiking and backpacking than you would ever dream to.

Old 03-19-2007, 01:23 PM

Quote:
The use of the term Liberal is another Limbaughesqe strawman argument. The ill thinking conservatives come up with a definition then attack it, the fact that there is little reality to their definition does not deter them at all.
Wow, you sure must listen to Rush Limbaugh a lot, it seems like your obsessed w/him. Every other post you mention his name.

Old 03-19-2007, 01:25 PM

Quote:
I am not sure what that sentence means, care to clarify?
Certainly. It seems, from previous posts, that you care little for conserving the American economy. Your definition of conservative, in a political forum, is a complete misuse of the word. So, if I were you, I'd hestiate to use that word to describe yourself. I believe the "L" word would be more appropriate in a political setting.

Old 03-19-2007, 02:06 PM

Quote:
And as far as being "far more conservative than you". I highly doubt it, but of course you don't know anything about me and I am probably a greater lover of the outdoors, and have spent more time in National Forests hiking and backpacking than you would ever dream to.
Huh, I live in a National Forest, completely surrounded by it.

Quote:
Certainly. It seems, from previous posts, that you care little for conserving the American economy. Your definition of conservative, in such a political forum, is a complete misuse of the word.
I have said anything about the American economy other than the debt America owes to China?

Quote:
Wow, you sure must listen to Rush Limbaugh a lot, it seems like your obsessed w/him. Every other post you mention his name.
Yes, of course
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or