U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 11:58 AM

3,042 posts, read 8,282,438 times

Advertisements

teddy roosevelt fan here too, but conserve the troops and bring them home so we can fight the enemy on our soil around our families and not before they get to our soil, NO THANKS
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2007, 12:28 PM

1,900 posts, read 1,978,127 times
Ok, I can buy that, but where are these enemies going to come from and how are they going to get here? don't you think that if we had defensible borders and sound policies in place they could not get here.

Besides, the reason they are fighting us is solely because we are there, it is our interference in their affairs that has annoyed them. Back out to Fortress America and stop interfereing in their affairs as George Washington advised, and you can sleep safely in your bed, aside of course from the revenge attacks that the invasion of Iraq has engendered and will make America unsafe for generations.

Old 03-21-2007, 09:41 AM

no we are there because they attacked us and in Iraq because of the 12 years Saddam breaking the rules time and time again after the first gulf war, funding terror and a threat of destabilzation.

Al Queda has operative already in this country and waiting in places like Europe, Canada and cell throughout latin America.

No we fight them there so we dont have to fight terrorism on our own soil killing many many more people here.

Old 03-21-2007, 10:46 AM

I am sorry, but your answer is just pathetic and shows absolute ignorance. When and where did Iraq attack America except the attack on the Stark?

Your statement about Al Qaeda is tough to figure out. But figure this one, it is estimated that after 9/11 there were around 1,000 Al Qaeda operatives, today that is estimated to be over 20,000, dedicated to the destruction of the US, why the increase? The placement of Christian Soldiers in the Muslims second holiest nation.

Old 03-21-2007, 11:02 AM

Well, if you were a woman, you would not mind not having no nuts would you?

Based on your post you seem to intimate that I might be a liberal.. Maybe you can tell me what liberal political positions you think I might hold.

See I figure you and yours are ignorant, and that drives your politics, not reason. My politics are far more conservative than yours since I like conserving stuff

Old 03-21-2007, 11:05 AM

great basing, i didnt say Iraq attacked america? I said they attacked us, meaning the terrorists

Old 03-21-2007, 11:08 AM

What the heck did Iraq have to do with the terrorists? Shouldn't we have our army chasing them instead of being bogged down amongst a bunch of A-rabs?

Old 03-21-2007, 11:14 AM

405 posts, read 1,168,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
My politics are far more conservative than yours since I like conserving stuff
LOL - "I like conserving stuff, so politically I'm a conservative".

So, if you only use one sheet of toilet paper, that makes you a 'political conservative'? How about if you only eat one chicken wing - does that make you a 'political conservative'? Blowing the horn only one at someone - you are saving 'noise pollution', so = 'political conservative'?

Thanks for that - that was the biggest laugh I've had in quite a while!

Old 03-21-2007, 11:17 AM

7,379 posts, read 7,013,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
Well, if you were a woman, you would not mind not having no nuts would you?

Based on your post you seem to intimate that I might be a liberal.. Maybe you can tell me what liberal political positions you think I might hold.

See I figure you and yours are ignorant, and that drives your politics, not reason. My politics are far more conservative than yours since I like conserving stuff
Maybe you should try this and find out for yourself.

http://franz.org/quiz.htm (broken link)

Old 03-21-2007, 11:23 AM

405 posts, read 1,168,940 times
For everyone that believes only using one piece of toilet paper make you a 'political conservative' (as greatbasinguide does), read this definition of a 'Conservative':

Conservatism is a relativistic term used to describe political philosophies that favor traditional values, where "tradition" refers to religious, cultural, or nationally defined beliefs and customs. The term derives from the Latin, conservāre, to conserve; "to keep, guard, observe". Since different cultures have different established values, conservatives in different cultures have different goals. Some conservatives seek to preserve the status quo, while others seek to return to the values of an earlier time, the status quo ante.

Or, go read the entire article yourself -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_conservative

LOL - "I conserve things so I'm a political conservative"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or