U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 10:24 AM

2,967 posts, read 1,905,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyandMarried View Post
It may be beneficial to you if you were to look up the words 'conservative' and 'conservationist'.

The words you are confusing are 'conservative' (political) and 'conservationist' (environmental).
touche. . . .
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2007, 11:29 AM

1,900 posts, read 1,983,823 times
No, the sad part, the tearful thing, is that the modern conservative isn't a conservationist. They, instead, are profligate wasters of both the world they live in, the lives of the Americans in it and the taxpayer dollars. You quibble over meaning when in fact you are part and parcel of the worst of America.

You are, I wish hope and pray, an evolutionary dead end.

Old 03-23-2007, 12:06 PM

2,967 posts, read 1,905,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
"When given the proper opportunity, I shall always be a cad" Simon Templar.

If you notice and pay attention, they only people who receive my caddishness are the rightwingwhackos who do as their leaders say without cognition.

I have no empathy with, nor sympathy for, those who act out of closeminded fear.

If one is capable of a reasoned argument without resorting to Limbaughesque canards, one would get a reasonable response.

The ultimate question is, why do those who identify themselves as "conservatives" in the modern sense of the word actually support the rape and pillage of the planet and harmless little foreign countries.

I would like to see our President brought up on charges of mass murder in the deaths of 3200 + American boys and girls. If you support mass murder don't expect consideration from me.

It's always of interest to me when the left implies that conservatives follow leaders blindly, or as you say "without cognition" (ho hum ) when in truth it takes much more independent thought and back bone to be a conservative. It is much more romantic to say one is for saving the environment, soldiers lives and the other simplistic views you take. . . Our nations colleges and universities are overwhelmingly liberal, and full of a disproportionate number of liberal faculty who attempt to push their values and political ideology on students. One could even say they are indoctrinated when they enter most universities. To stand up for conservative values in institutes of higher learning among this bias is definately not for the weak-willed or fearful as you purport.

I say that it is many on the left that, to use one of your phrases follow "without cognition."

And I notice there you go again bringing up Limbaugh. . I believe you keep accusing the conservatives on these threads of following him but you are the one that continues to bring him up. I still contend you are secretly obsessed with him.

Last edited by spunky1; 03-23-2007 at 01:32 PM..

Old 03-23-2007, 12:40 PM

Rightwingwhacko nutcases figure anyone who is does not agree with their myopic world view must be a liberal, they learn this from the knee of Limbaugh and Hannity etc.

Since you have shown no original thought, but have only parroted the above, my thesis stands.

I love this part, I challenge you to come up with a single instance of "liberalism" on my part. Cain't do it now cain ya?

Old 03-23-2007, 02:47 PM

17,444 posts, read 25,255,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duff30329 View Post
Rightwing nut case ?
Karl Marx was the great grandaddy of liberals and Lenin the grandfather of modern day liberals.
Marxism is a failed concept, yet, our schools and universities continue to spout the "party' line....Facts haunt liberals so they resort to name-calling.
I'd rather be a rightwing nutcase than a Marxist any ol' day...even tho I'm an independent. So, thank you.
Leninism (thankfully) had little or no influence in the USA...although one can detect traces of it in neocon thinking (permanent world revolution to destroy the status quo with the support of a major power), perhaps due to many of the neocons being "red diaper babies"

Old 03-23-2007, 02:50 PM

Those who confuse "liberalism" with MarxistLeninism may as well confuse George Washington and Thomas Jefferson etc with Marx and Lenin since the creation of America gave the world its first modern country built on Liberal ideas.

Old 03-23-2007, 09:52 PM

14,495 posts, read 24,588,864 times
Lightbulb true~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Leninism (thankfully) had little or no influence in the USA...although one can detect traces of it in neocon thinking (permanent world revolution to destroy the status quo with the support of a major power), perhaps due to many of the neocons being "red diaper babies"
I guess that we are too liberal, opposing a war that now has no point, is only supported by the uninformed; while Halliburton constructs their icon of power in Dubai, a testament to greed and avarice, founded by Bush.

sunny

Old 03-24-2007, 07:20 AM

11,752 posts, read 19,245,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
It's always of interest to me when the left implies that conservatives follow leaders blindly, or as you say "without cognition" (ho hum ) when in truth it takes much more independent thought and back bone to be a conservative. It is much more romantic to say one is for saving the environment, soldiers lives and the other simplistic views you take. . . Our nations colleges and universities are overwhelmingly liberal, and full of a disproportionate number of liberal faculty who attempt to push their values and political ideology on students. One could even say they are indoctrinated when they enter most universities. To stand up for conservative values in institutes of higher learning among this bias is definately not for the weak-willed or fearful as you purport.

I say that it is many on the left that, to use one of your phrases follow "without cognition."

And I notice there you go again bringing up Limbaugh. . I believe you keep accusing the conservatives on these threads of following him but you are the one that continues to bring him up. I still contend you are secretly obsessed with him.
I agree with spunky on this absolutely.

Old 03-24-2007, 07:26 AM

11,752 posts, read 19,245,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
I guess that we are too liberal, opposing a war that now has no point, is only supported by the uninformed; while Halliburton constructs their icon of power in Dubai, a testament to greed and avarice, founded by Bush.

sunny
,but then going to Haiti under Clinton wasn't exactly in the defense of our nation either,which Clinton gained financially from going there.

whats wrong with liberals too often is that they always claim that Repub Conservatives are greedy while liberal Democrats greed gets a flying pass and is over looked.

Old 03-24-2007, 09:36 AM

Another thing the rightwingwhackos can be counted upon to do. If one takes them to task for supporting Bush, they immediately bring up Clinton.

That is always good for a chuckle, followed by banging ones head against the wall.

I suppose if Bush Nuked Iran the whackos would justify it since Clinton invaded Haiti.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or