U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 09:43 AM

2,967 posts, read 1,906,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
Rightwingwhacko nutcases figure anyone who is does not agree with their myopic world view must be a liberal, they learn this from the knee of Limbaugh and Hannity etc.

Since you have shown no original thought, but have only parroted the above, my thesis stands.

I love this part, I challenge you to come up with a single instance of "liberalism" on my part. Cain't do it now cain ya?
And what original thoughts have you brought to the table? Sorry, Ive heard them all before . . oh except maybe, "I'm a conservative because I conserve stuff."
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2007, 09:53 AM

1,900 posts, read 1,985,236 times
Guess you weren't paying attention. But what the heck, here goes.
Withdraw all forces from the Middle East, rebuild our shattered military, issue a deep apology for getting involved in Arab affairs.
Construct Fortress America, insure that the worlds finest military is used for its rightful purpose, protecting America.
Insure that our soldiers and veterans get the best equipment, training and care.
Get off the teat of oil
And insure that America upholds the finest values of morality in all its dealing with the world.

Finally, listen to and follow what, George Washington told us to do in his Farewell Address.

There is not one American boy who deserves to die for the incredible ingnorance and hubris demonstrated by the current American political leadership.

Incidentally, if America had listened to George Washington 9/11 would not have happened.

Old 03-24-2007, 09:58 AM

11,784 posts, read 19,252,935 times
Quote:
Another thing the rightwingwhackos can be counted upon to do. If one takes them to task for supporting Bush, they immediately bring up Clinton.

That is always good for a chuckle, followed by banging ones head against the wall.

I suppose if Bush Nuked Iran the whackos would justify it since Clinton invaded Haiti.
well I bring up Clinton because he was many liberals dream president,and because after the first 4 years you gotta wonder why some voted for him again just like you wonder why some voted for Bush twice.

And while saying rightwingwhacko,to point out leftwingwhackos as well,but they dont see themselves that way.

And to point out that greed is not unique to the Republican-conservative party but that liberal-Democrats are just as guilty also.

So when are we bringing home are guys and girls from Bosnia?...its only been over 10 years there?And Haiti,Somalia and so on are now just shining examples of prosperous countries.

Old 03-24-2007, 10:00 AM

11,784 posts, read 19,252,935 times
Quote:
Guess you weren't paying attention. But what the heck, here goes.
Withdraw all forces from the Middle East, rebuild our shattered military, issue a deep apology for getting involved in Arab affairs.
Construct Fortress America, insure that the worlds finest military is used for its rightful purpose, protecting America.
Insure that our soldiers and veterans get the best equipment, training and care.
Get off the teat of oil
And insure that America upholds the finest values of morality in all its dealing with the world.

Finally, listen to and follow what, George Washington told us to do in his Farewell Address.

There is not one American boy who deserves to die for the incredible ingnorance and hubris demonstrated by the current American political leadership.

Incidentally, if America had listened to George Washington 9/11 would not have happened.
now I do agree with alot of this.I wont appolgize though.

oh and adopt the same immigration laws that Mexico has regarding immigrants.You can only immigate if you are a professional,and can support yourself.You can only retire here if you bring your own money and do not work.O therwise you get arrested.

Old 03-24-2007, 10:09 AM

Some forget, Clinton was a centrist, not a liberal. Nixon was more liberal than Clinton.

By bringing up Bosnia, you once again do the , "But Clinton did it too!!!"

Pretty silly for a grown man don't you think?

In defence of the Bosnia Kosovo operations, they worked. The troops are there but the countries involved are relatively peaceful. That said, bring our boys home, the Euros can handle it.

Iraq as you know is an utter failure.

As far as Mexican immigration is concerned. No meaningful reform will take place until the large corporations are forced to give up illegal labor, and since they contribute mightily to both sides of the aisle, don't expect much.

Those of you who support liberals against conservatives or vice versa forget, the political leaders of this country of either stripe do not care about you. They care about power and money.

Us? we are screwed.

Old 03-24-2007, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Some forget, Clinton was a centrist, not a liberal. Nixon was more liberal than Clinton.

In defence of the Bosnia Kosovo operations, they worked. The troops are there but the countries involved are relatively peaceful. That said, bring our boys home, the Euros can handle it.

As far as Mexican immigration is concerned. No meaningful reform will take place until the large corporations are forced to give up illegal labor, and since they contribute mightily to both sides of the aisle, don't expect much.

Those of you who support liberals against conservatives or vice versa forget, the political leaders of this country of either stripe do not care about you. They care about power and money.

Us? we are screwed.
"Pretty silly for a grown man don't you think?" Why must you continue to insult and put other posters down? This is NOT a productive way to debate. You credibility goes down the tubes. I am sorry if you do not feel validated and the only way you think you can "win" is to put others down. You seem like you are an articulate person why must you continue to operate in this difficult manner?

Old 03-24-2007, 10:29 AM

I am sorry spunky, do I appear worried about my crediblity or whether I feel "validated", (pretty liberal hippy dippy words there)?

If your arguments are not sound, don't expect sympathy or empathy from me.

I give my consideration to predators, not prey.

Old 03-24-2007, 10:37 AM

Quote:
I am sorry spunky, do I appear worried about my crediblity or whether I feel "validated", (pretty liberal hippy dippy words there)?

If your arguments are not sound, don't expect sympathy or empathy from me.

I give my consideration to predators, not prey.
Well, I don't know about credibility, but since you asked. . . you do seem incredibly concerned that people understand that you are more intelligent, knowledgeable, worldly than everyone else. I don't think anyone wants "sympathy" from you or anyone else on these boards.Where do you get that from? I was simply asking you why you must continue to put others down with your haughty tone. But I didn't really expect an answer.

Old 03-24-2007, 11:00 AM

343 posts, read 170,522 times
I would bet you could take the value of the home of every individual that posts here and it would not equal the value of Edwards home. This guy is another smoothie leftist that feeds off the drool and drivel of the liberals that want to feel good abut themselves telling us how compassonate they can be to their fellow man. I am a stoic conservative and I suspect I have done more to lend a hand to my fellow man, free and without expectation of anything in return, than any ten liberals I have ever heard whine & drivel. The phoniest bunch of neo marxist pigs to ever devolve on the planet are right here in our glorious country. The leftist lurk like buzzards, hacking away at the fiber of freedom that thousands have died for to give to them an parrot marxist tunes of neo communists like Pelosi. We will never have to worry about global warming there is enough cool air heads here to keep us safe another thousand years. Liberalism is a mental disease!

Old 03-24-2007, 11:29 AM

14,495 posts, read 24,595,703 times
Question yes~~

Quote:

Us? we are screwed.
Couldn't agree more. And why does the right-wing not worry about the mess our border security is in?????? With every illegal coming in without 2 cents to their name, getting free health care (while Americans pay) Isn't anyone else outraged? - what is Bush doing to protect our borders?????????

sunny

Last edited by dreamofmonterey; 03-24-2007 at 11:32 AM.. Reason: sp
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or