U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 12:54 PM

1,900 posts, read 1,990,742 times

Advertisements

Spunky, if I can make your head explode, that makes my day.

Kaintuck, do they ship the sunlight in to your area by truck?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2007, 11:41 PM

343 posts, read 170,885 times
Bush is doing the same thing Clinton did when he let his 10 million in, hoping for votes or at least not to lose any. As if he might get the vote of a left winger that doesn't vote for anything that doesn't represent the lunatic fringe. Folks like GBG going around critical of anyone and everyone just cause he's mad he didn't kill him a little furry critter today. You need to head on over thar to Iraq an get you a Mooslum or two there GBG. Some of yore ideas I can kinda understand. Some ain't too sensible for a country boy what ought to know better. Maybe you jest one of those country boy wanta bees what actually is a yank that couldn't take the streets no more. You work at it a while you might jest git acceptability. Your understanding of politics could stand some refinement but you got some hope. Strange failure to understand Iraq. Just cause they don't tell you everything don't mean you can't figure it out. Never was about Iraq. Had to use the excuse in order to drag the weanie whiners what calls themselves liberals into the frey. These folks never protected nobody from nothin and never engaged in nuthin that twasn't to thar own benifit. We went to Iraq for one reason and one reason only. No WMD's didn't matter. We had to put boots on the ground to fight them 7th century hoodlum Mooslums what want to cut the heads off every man woman and child what call themselves Jews or Americans. But all you smart alec well read folks can't see past your own narcissic egomania to understand what happened on 9/11. I don't believe I have to tell you well read highy objective liberals(some masquerading as something else), why we finally responded after multiple attakcs upon us with no response. Hell they hit us in the pocketbook. You kin blow up planes, cut Navy seals throats, take any barbaric notion you want and get away with it, but best not hit our tycoons in the pocketbook. You gonna have to pay for that one. Every man woman & child in this great country would do good to understnad that there ain't but a few hundred thousand brave young men & women standing between they soft spoiled asses and about a billion or so that would like to have what they got, albeit with a little less freedom to enjoy. So you boys and girls go ahead and line up behind pied piper pelosi,good luck with that result. If you thank that's the answer you better load up on canned goods and buy you some hanmedowns firecrackers from ole gbg. Clinto or Obama comes in I hope yo libs got some steak laid away for that mushroom.

Old 03-25-2007, 11:31 AM

2,967 posts, read 1,910,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
Spunky, if I can make your head explode, that makes my day.

Kaintuck, do they ship the sunlight in to your area by truck?
Well you have definately given me a few good laughs with your litany of pompous and self-congratulatory statements!

Old 03-25-2007, 11:39 AM

7th century barbarians. Tis a curious but accurate fact that most muslim countries had prosperous and thriving Christian and Jewish minority communities. The muslims by and large are much more tolerant than the Christians, think about what the Spanish did after the reconquista.

Now, something happened shortly after the close of WWII, changed much of that.

Tis a curious but true fact that Christians were protected under Saddam, there are hundreds of thousands of Christians in Iraq, even Tarik Aziz was a Christian, of course under the the benevolent occupation of the Americans, those Christians are now suffering persecution.

"litany of pompous and self-congratulatory statments!" You forgot, accurate and profound.

Old 03-25-2007, 11:49 AM

Quote:
7th century barbarians. Tis a curious but accurate fact that most muslim countries had prosperous and thriving Christian and Jewish minority communities. The muslims by and large are much more tolerant than the Christians, think about what the Spanish did after the reconquista.

Now, something happened shortly after the close of WWII, changed much of that.

Tis a curious but true fact that Christians were protected under Saddam, there are hundreds of thousands of Christians in Iraq, even Tarik Aziz was a Christian, of course under the the benevolent occupation of the Americans, those Christians are now suffering persecution.

"litany of pompous and self-congratulatory statments!" You forgot, accurate and profound.

"You forgot, accurate and profound" there you go again

Old 03-25-2007, 12:06 PM

A piece of humor for me is that you confuse the message with the messenger.

Old 03-26-2007, 09:29 AM
Yac

6,020 posts, read 6,891,107 times
Calm down and discuss the topic, not each other. I have a bag of trolling infractions just waiting to get loose, do not tempt me.
Please.

Old 03-26-2007, 10:17 AM

405 posts, read 1,170,552 times
Quote:
My politics are far more conservative than yours since I like conserving stuff
Still the best quote I've heard in quite a while.

Old 03-26-2007, 10:26 AM

405 posts, read 1,170,552 times
'John-boy Edwards' is now looking for the sympathy vote. I will pray for his wife, but I will never vote for "Senator Gone".

He abandoned his constituents in North Carolina to start his run for President the moment he was elected. He is a small man, with big ambitions. He didn't run for a second term because he knew he would lose. He helped to drag the last Democratic ticket down with his 'Vice-Presidential' aspirations (not that Kerry needed much help with the implosion).

Hopefully, after he doesn't get the 'nod' to run again he will just go back to chasing ambulances and leave us in peace.

Old 03-26-2007, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyandMarried View Post
'John-boy Edwards' is now looking for the sympathy vote. I will pray for his wife, but I will never vote for "Senator Gone".

He abandoned his constituents in North Carolina to start his run for President the moment he was elected. He is a small man, with big ambitions. He didn't run for a second term because he knew he would lose. He helped to drag the last Democratic ticket down with his 'Vice-Presidential' aspirations (not that Kerry needed much help with the implosion).

Hopefully, after he doesn't get the 'nod' to run again he will just go back to chasing ambulances and leave us in peace.
I do feel much empathy for Elizabeth Edwards and her family. . . It is so sad, especially since they have young children. As partisan as I admittedly am, I will not judge Edwards motives for continuing his pursuit of office. It is of course there decision and theres alone. That said I wonder if they will have regrets regarding leaving the family and not spending more time with the children. I believe people diagnosed w/stage IV breast cancer have < 20% chance of 5 year survival. And if he would win, I think it would be a lonely place in the White House w/out ones spouse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or