Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 08:34 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,090,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
I wonder if we had an attack tomorrow, you would blame Obama?
You missed the point entirely....I DO NOT BLAME Bush for the attack,BUT I do not give him credit for keeping us safe either....What did he do that kept you safe???Close our borders?? NOT want to turn over our port security to a foreign owned company.....You guys need to get with the program if you want to revise G Dumbya's history and make him look like anything other than a waste of space.....I'm dumb as a box of rocks and I can pick holes all in your stories,just imagine what a smart guy could do with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2009, 08:39 AM

17,411 posts, read 16,566,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
Except for 9/11 is the operative word. Bush didn't keep us safe remember 9/11? I do it happened in my backyard. I bet if it happened in yours you woudln't dare say he kept us safe.
9/11 (the Pentagon) did happen in my backyard. I'll never forget that terrifying day. Hearing (feeling) the explosion, seeing the twin towers fall on t.v., knowing that there was another plane out there..

And Bush dealt with it - not by looking the other way or trying to reason with the terrorists. He actually dealt with it.

Not every President (Clinton comes to mind) would have had the guts to do what was necessary to keep America safe. Be thankful that George Bush did.

Old 03-01-2009, 08:40 AM

9,892 posts, read 10,833,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
You missed the point entirely....I DO NOT BLAME Bush for the attack,BUT I do not give him credit for keeping us safe either....What did he do that kept you safe???Close our borders?? NOT want to turn over our port security to a foreign owned company.....You guys need to get with the program if you want to revise G Dumbya's history and make him look like anything other than a waste of space.....I'm dumb as a box of rocks and I can pick holes all in your stories,just imagine what a smart guy could do with them.
Maybe Dick Cheney actually heard some bad guys making plans and foiled them, while he was violating you're rights and listening in on your phone conversation's! You know all that evil CIA stuff that we should know everything about!

Old 03-01-2009, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Maybe Dick Cheney actually heard some bad guys making plans and foiled them, while he was violating you're rights and listening in on your phone conversation's! You know all that evil CIA stuff that we should know everything about!
Ever heard of a piece of paper called the constitution??? Ever heard of checks and balances??? Ever heard of FISA???

I doubt "DICK" used that for anything other than insider trading tips on the stock market and you'd be pretty stupid to think otherwise.

btw brainiac...do you think the CIA is supposed to be used within OUR country??

Old 03-01-2009, 09:54 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,351,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
9/11 (the Pentagon) did happen in my backyard. I'll never forget that terrifying day. Hearing (feeling) the explosion, seeing the twin towers fall on t.v., knowing that there was another plane out there..

And Bush dealt with it - not by looking the other way or trying to reason with the terrorists. He actually dealt with it.

Not every President (Clinton comes to mind) would have had the guts to do what was necessary to keep America safe. Be thankful that George Bush did.
Yeah, like invading Iraq did ANYTHING to keep us safe.

It cost us a ton of money, 4,000+ lives, and the respect of the rest of the world.

The truth is, when EVEN the leaders of his OWN party recognize that the Bush Presidency has been a DISASTER, then you KNOW it's been a DISASTER. - and no amount of spin on this little board will change that.

Ken

Old 03-01-2009, 11:09 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,068,272 times
Some fodder for the Bush Fire Sale:
Think Progress » Gates: Obama is ‘more analytical’ than Bush.
Gates: Obama is ‘more analytical’ than Bush.
GATES: I think that probably President Obama is somewhat more analytical, and he makes sure he hears from everybody in the room on an issue. And if they don’t speak up, he calls on them.

Q: A marked difference from his predecessor?

GATES: President Bush was interested in hearing different points of view but didn’t go out of his way to make sure everybody spoke if they hadn’t spoken up before.

Watch it:

Old 03-01-2009, 11:11 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,300,913 times
Quote:
Of course, they were, when a Conservative is faced with a choice between George W Bush or John f Kerry, Algore, Clinton ,Obama or any of the other herd of Donkeys running they will vote for Bush every time. As a conservative, I am deeply dissapointed in W, as I was with his father, but I also recognize he gave us Alito and Roberts and he kept this country free from attack for 6 years.
Clinton couldn’t run again.
9/11 happened on the Bush watch. He needs to accept responsibility for that. Keeping us safe afterward? Ask the 4,300 dead military members & their families; don’t forget the other 30k+ who have traumatic injuries and missing limbs.

Quote:
I wonder if we had an attack tomorrow, you would blame Obama?
Don’t you think there’s a difference between 8 months and 6 weeks?
There was sufficient intelligence about an attack on the US; Bush chose to ignore it.

Quote:

Might want to research that a bit. Ramzi Yousef; google him.

Did Clinton attack a country that had nothing to do with 9/11? Bush did.

Old 03-01-2009, 11:50 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,068,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Clinton couldn’t run again.
9/11 happened on the Bush watch. He needs to accept responsibility for that. Keeping us safe afterward? Ask the 4,300 dead military members & their families; don’t forget the other 30k+ who have traumatic injuries and missing limbs.

Don’t you think there’s a difference between 8 months and 6 weeks?
There was sufficient intelligence about an attack on the US; Bush chose to ignore it.

Might want to research that a bit. Ramzi Yousef; google him.

Did Clinton attack a country that had nothing to do with 9/11? Bush did.
And just what country did Bush attack that had nothing to do with 9/11? Certainly not Iraq. Iraq was knee deep in 9/11 and the pursuit of nuclear weapons. Saddam Hussein had a cousin who moved to Saudi Arabia and that cousin had a friend who worked YES worked for the Bin Laden construction company. That is the family business owned by the relatives of the head terrorist. In addition Saddam had at one time had a thermometer that he dropped and broke. It was the old fashioned mercury type. He had one of his aides clean it up and it is not clear what happened to the highly dangerous mercury. The Bush administration had reports that they were trying to convert it into the desired Red Mercury sought after for Nuclear Bomb detonation. Don't worry if someone tells you that is ridiculous it isn't. Dr. Cheney confirmed for President Bush that it was possible and represented a direct threat to the safety of the country. Now knowing all of this I am sure you can understand the connection between Iraq and 9/11 and the co plot by Bin Laden and Hussein to attack the United States with nuclear weapons.

Old 03-01-2009, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
And just what country did Bush attack that had nothing to do with 9/11? Certainly not Iraq. Iraq was knee deep in 9/11 and the pursuit of nuclear weapons. Saddam Hussein had a cousin who moved to Saudi Arabia and that cousin had a friend who worked YES worked for the Bin Laden construction company. That is the family business owned by the relatives of the head terrorist. In addition Saddam had at one time had a thermometer that he dropped and broke. It was the old fashioned mercury type. He had one of his aides clean it up and it is not clear what happened to the highly dangerous mercury. The Bush administration had reports that they were trying to convert it into the desired Red Mercury sought after for Nuclear Bomb detonation. Don't worry if someone tells you that is ridiculous it isn't. Dr. Cheney confirmed for President Bush that it was possible and represented a direct threat to the safety of the country. Now knowing all of this I am sure you can understand the connection between Iraq and 9/11 and the co plot by Bin Laden and Hussein to attack the United States with nuclear weapons.

Old 03-01-2009, 12:15 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,851,469 times
Quote:

What did he do ohter than yell in the megaphone and talk big? Did he bring those responsible to justice? Did he even really try? Maybe you should stop kidding yourself Bush didn't do all that much about it. He used it as propoganda to go into Iraq, which everyone knows had nothing to do with 9/11.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections