Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 08:06 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,822,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post
The reason I asked is many states that dislike NY are RED states.

So, the credibility of those states is pretty much shot with me, lol. I'm sorry, if I find out someone voted for George Bush in 2004 I really don't pay attention to anything they have to say. The more red the state is, the less attention I pay.

You know the old joke about stupid people wearing a sign? lol.

How do you think I looked at the "Bush/Cheney 04" bumper stickers

~TT
I know exactly how you feel, I feel the same way, exept from the other side!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2007, 08:12 PM

500 posts, read 2,859,645 times
Yapcity,

You work for Giuliani, don't you? Or is he a family member, perhaps your uncle? He must be!

Otherwise, I don't understand why you would go ballistic on ontheroad just because he mentioned Bloomberg. Are you itching for some reason?

Let's try to calm down, keep it cool and talk Giuliani-Bloomberg things in a civilized manner. Eh?

Bloomberg has many attributes Rudy did not have:

- Bloomberg is a private guy. He does not seek to be on camera, stealing the show every minute "here-I-am-my-name-is-Rudy-look-at-me" style. He does his job, quietly and efficiently. Rudy was obnoxious. He was always there. We knew everything about his multiple wives, diseases, infidelities, hobbies. He needed to be noticed even when he went to the men's room.

- Bloomberg has kept the city together, united, avoiding confrontation. You'll hear very few people talk bad of Bloomberg.
Rudy, on the contrary, was an arrogant bastar*. "My way or no way" was his way. He was the white Al Sharpton. A divider.
Sure, people in Kansas loved him, but here in NYC there were many folks (of all races and walks of life) who were fed up with his abuse. How much police torture can you take? Or you weren't afraid because you are not black or a minority? Bloomberg brought peace and calm, which is what the city needed the most after decades of race conflicts and tension.

- Nobody knows yet for sure 100% who and what put crime down in New York. Read around. Only Rudy's die-hard fans attribute it blindly to him. Crime was starting to lower and the city was coming back before Rudy entered City Hall. There are MANY reasons to explain the "miracle", other than Rudy's hand: the end of the crack epidemic, a better economy, a general fall in crime in all of America. Scientists and writers and cops still don't know why crime "died". But it goes well beyond Rudy.

- A made-in-Rudy stunt such as his threatening the Brooklyn Museum because of the art they exhibited should be enough to know that Giuliani was murky, at least. Shady. He did not care much for liberties.
What Al Sharpton does to gain black people's confidence, Rudy did to get the all-white Catholic Italian-type of folks on his side. Less-than-honest tactics. Despicable!

- Schools? Chancellor Joel Klein and Michael Bloomberg have done more and better than Rudy ever dreamt of.

- Etc.

Old 03-26-2007, 08:17 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,822,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan-ite View Post
Yapcity,

You work for Giuliani, don't you? Or is he a family member, perhaps your uncle? He must be!

Otherwise, I don't understand why you would go ballistic on ontheroad just because he mentioned Bloomberg. Are you itching for some reason?

Let's try to calm down, keep it cool and talk Giuliani-Bloomberg things in a civilized manner. Eh?

- Bloomberg is a private guy. He does not seek to be on camera, stealing the show every minute "here-I-am-my-name-is-Rudy-look-at-me" style. He does his job, quietly and efficiently. Rudy was obnoxious. He was always there. We knew everything about his multiple wives, diseases, infidelities, hobbies. He needed to be noticed even when he went to the men's room.

- Bloomberg has kept the city together, united, avoiding confrontation. You'll hear very few people talk bad of Bloomberg.
Rudy, on the contrary, was an arrogant bastar*. "My way or no way" was his way. He was the white Al Sharpton. A divider.
Sure, people in Kansas loved him, but here in NYC there were many folks (of all races and walks of life) who were fed up with his abuse. How much police torture can you take? Or you weren't afraid because you are not black or a minority? Bloomberg brought peace and calm, which is what the city needed the most after decades of race conflicts and tension.

- Nobody knows yet for sure 100% who and what put crime down in New York. Read around. Only Rudy's die-hard fans attribute it blindly to him. Crime was starting to lower and the city was coming back before Rudy entered City Hall. There are MANY reasons to explain the "miracle", other than Rudy's hand: the end of the crack epidemic, a better economy, a general fall in crime in all of America. Scientists and writers and cops still don't know why crime "died". But it goes well beyond Rudy.

- A made-in-Rudy stunt such as his threatening the Brooklyn Museum because of the art they exhibited should be enough to know that Giuliani was murky, at least. Shady. He did not care much for liberties.
What Al Sharpton does to gain black people's confidence, Rudy did to get the all-white Catholic Italian-type of folks on his side. Less-than-honest tactics. Despicable!

- Schools? Chancellor Joel Klein and Michael Bloomberg have done more and better than Rudy ever dreamt of.

- Etc.
Yeah YAP calm down like manahattan! LOL!

Old 03-26-2007, 10:10 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,613,423 times
Quote:
Yapcity,

- Etc.
Ok, I've been laughing all the way through your post.

I was going to do a quote by quote response, but you wouldn't learn anything. Why? Because I'm guessing that you're part of one of those demographics that Rudy might have alienated during his terms.

...and that's ok, lol. Ya can't please everybody. Especially when they fail to understand the things that the man accomplished, and what means he had to use in order to accomplish them.

Just out of curiosity though, what group do you fall under? Nationality/Gender/Sexual Preference/Profession?
I'm not trying to build a bigoted attack, I just know what groups Rudy may have slighted in his terms. You sound like a card carrying member of one of them.

"Rudy didn't lower the crime rate, it was a mysterious north wind. *poof*" lol.

~T

Old 03-26-2007, 10:47 PM

Good answer, YapCity, your non-answer. "I was going to respond to your post, but it's not worth". What else? I'ts easier to laugh and hide.

I'm a big white guy in my late twenties. I respect and admire Rudolph Giuliani, believe it or not. But I get upset by those who idolize (meaning "love unquestioningly and uncritically or to excess") Rudy or any public figure.

Reminds me of the blind idolization of President Reagan, forgetting his economic and political messes here and his human-rights disasters in Central America, among other gems.

I am also very weary of those who think Giuliani single-handedly saved New York, like a god. You buy that simplistic, tabloid argument and can't take any other side to it- good for you. Enjoy your world.

P.S.> "I'm not trying to build a bigoted attack". Gimme a break, will you! You're pure prejudice and intolerance. Geez...

Old 03-26-2007, 11:02 PM

And by the way,

do you really need to profile me and find out what my race, age, profession and household income are before building a response to my post?

How sad... and how scary!

Old 03-26-2007, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Good answer, YapCity, your non-answer. "I was going to respond to your post, but it's not worth". What else? I'ts easier to laugh and hide.

I'm a big white guy in my late twenties. I respect and admire Rudolph Giuliani, believe it or not. But I get upset by those who idolize (meaning "love unquestioningly and uncritically or to excess") Rudy or any public figure.

Reminds me of the blind idolization of President Reagan, forgetting his economic and political messes here and his human-rights disasters in Central America, among other gems.

I am also very weary of those who think Giuliani single-handedly saved New York, like a god. You buy that simplistic, tabloid argument and can't take any other side to it- good for you. Enjoy your world.

P.S.> "I'm not trying to build a bigoted attack". Gimme a break, will you! You're pure prejudice and intolerance. Geez...

lol, you're so funny.

Ok, well, you can call me prejudice if you want to. Where you got that I'll never know. It's a known fact that certain groups have voiced their frustration with Rudy because they feel he alienated them.

You sound like a a Jewish Gay male to me, which would put you in one of those groups. There, was there anything "bigoted" about that? lol. It's a fact, Rudy ticked off the gay community somethin' fierce.

As far as "blind idolization" goes..... Well, if you've read my other posts on CD, you'd know that is not the case. However, I'm not going to continually recite my points that illustrate why I support the man. It's tiring, and frankly I'm not going after a case of carpal tunnel so people like you can have something to pick apart with strongly worded falsehoods.

The simple fact that you can't attribute the extreme reduction in violent crime to Rudy Giuliani's policies tells me you do not appreciate a thing that man has done, nor will you ever. Once I read that, I felt that your post was not worth an intelligent response.

You're looking for something to spit venom at, and I'm not going to supply you with it. Sorry, flame somewhere else

~T

Old 03-26-2007, 11:24 PM

Quote:
And by the way,

do you really need to profile me and find out what my race, age, profession and household income are before building a response to my post?

How sad... and how scary!
lol, see my other post.

The fact is, there is nothing but a high degree of contempt coming from you. This type of anger doesn't come from a simple disagreement on policies.

This type of emotion can only be attributed to a handful of things. One of the most common is a feeling of alienation. More often than not, it comes from the politician alienating the constituent's respective demographic or minority group.

THAT is where that question came from, YOUR attitude. No KKK conspiracy here, sorry.

~T

Old 03-27-2007, 06:33 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,727,879 times
Calm down, please. Act like sensible adults and discuss the topic, not each other.
Yac.

Old 03-27-2007, 08:05 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,118,785 times
I asked the question because it just seemed so funny that 3 people from the State of New York might run for President. For those old enough to remember, few politicos from the State have come even near the door of the White House in recent years.

Off-hand, I think Nelson Rockefeller, came closest but for the very reasons people have talked against Rudy, Rocky got booted from the ticket because of a "Happy" divorce.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections