Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 01:00 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,428,743 times

Advertisements

One can only wonder what Cindy McCain would have worn in the same situation had she become First Lady. Doesn't matter though because both the McCains and the Obamas can afford $450 shoes, at least occassionally, if that's how they want to spend their money. It really is none of our concern, now is it? Taxpayer dollars didn't pay for them beyond that they might have been paid for out of the President's paycheck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2009, 01:02 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,465,558 times
aw comon lighten up how else you guna stuff the hoop?
you gota have the shoes man.

Old 05-10-2009, 01:06 PM

654 posts, read 1,211,354 times
I remember the huge "scandal" that the media was relentlessly and breathlessly talking about when Sarah Palin went to campaign functions wearing expensive new clothes (that were paid for through donations). We were told that wearing such expensive clothes shows that she is out of touch, doesn't understand that the economy is bad and affecting so many people, etc. Yet Michelle Obama gets herself a pair of $540 sneakers and well that's just another example of how she is so sophisticated. The double standards are disgusting.

Old 05-10-2009, 01:21 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,428,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fp1978 View Post
I remember the huge "scandal" that the media was relentlessly and breathlessly talking about when Sarah Palin went to campaign functions wearing expensive new clothes (that were paid for through donations). We were told that wearing such expensive clothes shows that she is out of touch, doesn't understand that the economy is bad and affecting so many people, etc. Yet Michelle Obama gets herself a pair of $540 sneakers and well that's just another example of how she is so sophisticated. The double standards are disgusting.
No, no, no....that wasn't the issue -- false though it was -- about Palin. She presented herself as a Wal-Mart shopper, a regular person but then spent tens of thousands on a new wardrobe when she ran for vice-president.

Unfortunately, people who had been on the inside of the McCain campaign fed that to the point of absurdity.

Old 05-10-2009, 04:32 PM

11,358 posts, read 16,719,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAbilene View Post
It really bolsters my confidence in Fox News that they send their reporters out to cover such issues as the shoes that Michele Obama wears. Read the entire article. What a bunch of unimportant trivia! I wish they would spend more time and money actually having their reporters seek "fair and balanced" reports on things that matter.
You mean like when the liberal media focused on the clothes and the cost of Gov. Palin's was wearing?

Old 05-10-2009, 05:39 PM

1,653 posts, read 4,299,932 times

YouTube - Michelle's High Heel Sneakers

Old 05-10-2009, 05:52 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,852,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
Laura Bush didn't wear a weeks salary worth of sneakers to feed the poor.

But on the other hand, Palin was talked about her expensive clothes by the Left.

BTW...I wear my 3-4 years old Nike's when I help out at the Soup Kitchen each month.

Very good point. We can only talk about the price of republicans clothes

Had Palin done this. Thats all I'm going to say

Old 05-11-2009, 07:28 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,218,671 times
What's really stupis is being concerned about her clothing as if she's going to put in a voucher to the taxpayers for it

Old 05-11-2009, 11:29 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,817,470 times
$540 sneakers aren't that absurd when I had to pay over $100 for a pair of seconds at the New Balance factory store near here. The sneaks listed for nearly $200 retail and are not all that fancy.

Besides it is her money and she can do what she wants.

Old 05-11-2009, 12:13 PM

2,488 posts, read 2,936,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
$540 sneakers aren't that absurd when I had to pay over $100 for a pair of seconds at the New Balance factory store near here. The sneaks listed for nearly $200 retail and are not all that fancy.

Besides it is her money and she can do what she wants.
exactly, atleast she is feeding the poor.

The right wingers that complain, probably never gave to charity, never helped at a soup kitchen, etc. I get so sick of this political nonsense that goes on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections