Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 09:41 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,848,866 times

Advertisements

the reason barry is such a great speaker.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2009, 09:42 AM

4,301 posts, read 7,039,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Supporting George Bush often had little to do with him personally. It often had to do with the hideous alternatives.
Hit the nail on the head here..

Old 05-02-2009, 09:48 AM

134 posts, read 318,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
the reason barry is such a great speaker.
So you're saying Bush never used one of these?

Old 05-02-2009, 09:55 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,848,866 times
if he did, he didn't know how to operate it. either that or his interns were comedians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
So you're saying Bush never used one of these?

Old 05-02-2009, 10:12 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,586,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Ooh another liberal making an unfounded accusation and then creating criticizism..

Who claimed he was an effective speaker?

Unlike Democrats, I prefer to research facts, not just vote on someone ability to "speak"..
Ohhh - another mindless, reflexive response against all things liberal..

He did post facts - that you ingored them is not his fault...

He said that Bush scared us into believing that Iraq was obtaining nuclear weapons. and that is a fact...

Bush explicitly warned us over and over that Saddam was working to build nukes. He implicitly warned us that Al Queda would get them by painting a picture of cooperation between Saddam and Al Queda...

Ohhh - don't you just hate those pesky 'facts' that you don't like which shoot down your position - and then you demand that people dig up more facts???

Old 05-02-2009, 12:17 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,186,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
Ohhh - another mindless, reflexive response against all things liberal..

He did post facts - that you ingored them is not his fault...

He said that Bush scared us into believing that Iraq was obtaining nuclear weapons. and that is a fact...

Bush explicitly warned us over and over that Saddam was working to build nukes. He implicitly warned us that Al Queda would get them by painting a picture of cooperation between Saddam and Al Queda...

Ohhh - don't you just hate those pesky 'facts' that you don't like which shoot down your position - and then you demand that people dig up more facts???

Oddly enough, the very same ones you listed were used by Clinton.. Care to try again? Topic is Bush and his ability to speak "effective".. NOTHING you've said even discuss the topic..

Old 05-02-2009, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Supporting George Bush often had little to do with him personally. It often had to do with the hideous alternatives.
Absolutely, I mean, Bush, or Gore, that choice was almost as bad as Obama or McCain.. Either way, america got screwed.

Old 05-02-2009, 12:34 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,126,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Ooh another liberal making an unfounded accusation and then creating criticizism..

Who claimed he was an effective speaker?

Unlike Democrats, I prefer to research facts, not just vote on someone ability to "speak"..
Are you kidding me with this post? Asking the president of the greatest country to be an effective speaker is now all of sudden asking to much? I mean grant it this minor requirement was probably a huge challenge for bush but sheeesh some of your rhetoric is simply asinine.

Old 05-02-2009, 01:06 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,091,241 times
I would suggest that there were two Bushes, the Bush of 2000 spoke in terms of a populist moderate conservative, a likable guy, from a likable family. His views were conservative but the skewed to the middle and were coached in a style that were straight forward and seemingly with out averse.

The George Bush of 2004, was a fear mongering, swaggering, No Nothing who played on the fears of a still traumatized nation.

Old 05-02-2009, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
Are you kidding me with this post? Asking the president of the greatest country to be an effective speaker is now all of sudden asking to much? I mean grant it this minor requirement was probably a huge challenge for bush but sheeesh some of your rhetoric is simply asinine.
Not what I said, but the irony in Democrats ONLY voting for someone because of their effective speaking isnt lost..

Maybe thats what seperates Democrats from Republicans, Demcrats want people to be able to listen to the speakers tone of their voice, Republicans want to hear whats actually being said..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections