Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 08:38 PM

18,137 posts, read 25,324,795 times

Advertisements

If I help you cut your monthly spending... would you give me $20?

Get the point?
explain exactly what "cutting spending" means
is it gonna be "stop giving billions to foreign countries"
or is it "stop funding for public schools"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2009, 08:51 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,178,930 times
I'd support cutting spending, but only on stuff that is actually a waste of money.

The War on Drugs, prostitution, Iraq, etc.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:58 PM

7,188 posts, read 4,776,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
If A Repblican Came Along In 2012 And Promised To Cut Spending ( dramatically ), got rid of the ridiculous cap & trade injustice to the American people, and abolished the Internal Revenue Service, would you vote for him/her?
If a Republican spoke like that in 2012, I'd dismiss his pitch in a milli-second. Why? Sounds like more of the same sound bites of always.

After everything that took place under the Bush administration (which all Republicans defended pretty much until October of 2008), I'd have to be totally daft to believe anything they have to say.

For me to even begin to consider listening to the GOP the following people would have to be totally and completely out, obliterated from the American political arena:
1. The entire Bush family, starting with Jeb Bush.
2. Phil Gramm, Armey, DeLay and the rest of the dregs of Texas' GOP.
3. Karl Rove, and all the rest of GWB political minions.
4. Sarah Palin, Haley Barbour, and the rest of the Southern GOP governors. Add Orrin Hatch to the bunch.
5. Every Republican who developed labial hemorrhoids from constantly kissing GWB's behind.
6. Everybody in PNAC and all the other "conservative" think tanks that haven't come up with an original idea in over 100 years.
7. Dobson, Robertson and the rest of the "Christian" businessmen who are so busy scrutinizing other people's private lives that they neglect to scrutinize their own behavior/lives. Be kind and nice, and maybe more people will listen to your message. Spiritual matters DO NOT belong in politics.
8. All the advocates of "trickle down economics". It does not work. The middle ages have been over for a while. The world has become smaller and world economies are intertwined. Money circulates, it doesn't trickle down.

Finally, the GOP needs to realize that the American public is tired of sound bites and gimmicks. That only works for Rush Limbaugh's fans, and Fox News addicts. The rest of the country is sick and tired of the same GOP crap.

The American economy is in the toilet. The GOP does not understand that "tax cuts" become irrelevant when your business is not making any money, when sales are way down. When one business goes under, it affects another that is trying to stay afloat. It is bad out there.

The Republicans don't like what the Dems are doing, so what has the GOP offered the American public lately? TEA BAGS!!!!! I didn't even bother shaking my head.

As far as I'm concerned the GOP needs to enroll in a 12 step program and take it from there.

Old 05-03-2009, 10:10 PM

109 posts, read 158,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
If a Republican spoke like that in 2012, I'd dismiss his pitch in a milli-second. Why? Sounds like more of the same sound bites of always.

After everything that took place under the Bush administration (which all Republicans defended pretty much until October of 2008), I'd have to be totally daft to believe anything they have to say.

For me to even begin to consider listening to the GOP the following people would have to be totally and completely out, obliterated from the American political arena:
1. The entire Bush family, starting with Jeb Bush.
2. Phil Gramm, Armey, DeLay and the rest of the dregs of Texas' GOP.
3. Karl Rove, and all the rest of GWB political minions.
4. Sarah Palin, Haley Barbour, and the rest of the Southern GOP governors. Add Orrin Hatch to the bunch.
5. Every Republican who developed labial hemorrhoids from constantly kissing GWB's behind.
6. Everybody in PNAC and all the other "conservative" think tanks that haven't come up with an original idea in over 100 years.
7. Dobson, Robertson and the rest of the "Christian" businessmen who are so busy scrutinizing other people's private lives that they neglect to scrutinize their own behavior/lives. Be kind and nice, and maybe more people will listen to your message. Spiritual matters DO NOT belong in politics.
8. All the advocates of "trickle down economics". It does not work. The middle ages have been over for a while. The world has become smaller and world economies are intertwined. Money circulates, it doesn't trickle down.

Finally, the GOP needs to realize that the American public is tired of sound bites and gimmicks. That only works for Rush Limbaugh's fans, and Fox News addicts. The rest of the country is sick and tired of the same GOP crap.

The American economy is in the toilet. The GOP does not understand that "tax cuts" become irrelevant when your business is not making any money, when sales are way down. When one business goes under, it affects another that is trying to stay afloat. It is bad out there.

The Republicans don't like what the Dems are doing, so what has the GOP offered the American public lately? TEA BAGS!!!!! I didn't even bother shaking my head.

As far as I'm concerned the GOP needs to enroll in a 12 step program and take it from there.
I guess your ideal canidate is one who can out spend even Obama.
That will be hard to beat. In 100 days he managed to spend more money than all the US presidents who ever served combined. I cant wait to see what he can manage to spend in the rest of his term. I think China may forclose on the US before then.

I dont think Hillary can possibly keep China to keep buying our US bonds if he continues to spend like he has in the last 100 days.

He managed to spend enough to have funded 10 Wars in the time he has been in office so far. Good thing he does not have a real war on his hand...Oh yeah right...he still does...but hes trying to ignore that. Maybe that war will go away if he applogizes to enough people for what bad things he things we as a country has done.

I bet he loves that Wed parties he keeps having in the White house with the $100 a pound Kobe beef he serves each wed. Maybe you can find a better president who can throw some bigger parties and spend some more US money....I mean China money with some IOUs called US Bonds....I hope they are worth something....later....

Old 05-03-2009, 11:20 PM

7,188 posts, read 4,776,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaVoter View Post
I guess your ideal canidate is one who can out spend even Obama.
That will be hard to beat. In 100 days he managed to spend more money than all the US presidents who ever served combined. I cant wait to see what he can manage to spend in the rest of his term. I think China may forclose on the US before then.

I dont think Hillary can possibly keep China to keep buying our US bonds if he continues to spend like he has in the last 100 days.

He managed to spend enough to have funded 10 Wars in the time he has been in office so far. Good thing he does not have a real war on his hand...Oh yeah right...he still does...but hes trying to ignore that. Maybe that war will go away if he applogizes to enough people for what bad things he things we as a country has done.

I bet he loves that Wed parties he keeps having in the White house with the $100 a pound Kobe beef he serves each wed. Maybe you can find a better president who can throw some bigger parties and spend some more US money....I mean China money with some IOUs called US Bonds....I hope they are worth something....later....
OK, so what is the GOP alternative? Please, please let me see their plan (with NUMBERS).

Old 05-04-2009, 12:15 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,707,605 times
Yes, I would vote for them. Anyone would be better than this retard.

Old 05-04-2009, 07:12 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,841,952 times
OP - I do not consider you politics and tax proposals to be more than he ranting of a fool so I will not bother with your nonsense from no on.

I do agree with EDnurse and some other folks that are calling for a fair and open government responsible to the folks that elected them.
PS - I would prefer a Democratic philanderer than a Republican thief. I do vastly prefer a Democratic family man to a discraced Republican and a backwoods witch.

Old 05-05-2009, 08:36 PM

2,265 posts, read 3,736,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
No, because he/she would be an idiot.....I don't fall for all the sugary "what they wanna hear" crap.
Obama voters fell for the sugary "what they wanna hear" crap.

Old 05-05-2009, 09:49 PM

1,949 posts, read 3,866,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
If A Repblican Came Along In 2012 And Promised To Cut Spending ( dramatically ), got rid of the ridiculous cap & trade injustice to the American people, and abolished the Internal Revenue Service, would you vote for him/her?

Since the borrow-and-spend GOP has little credibility on spending issues,they'd need to make some drastic changes for these promises to be believable. Also, we need the IRS to collect the taxes to fund the roads, military, FBI, FAA, State Department, etc so that one won't fly.

Old 05-06-2009, 06:21 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,841,952 times
Simple answer to the OP - NO!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections