Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 06:16 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,496,427 times

Advertisements

If A Repblican Came Along In 2012 And Promised To Cut Spending ( dramatically ), got rid of the ridiculous cap & trade injustice to the American people, and abolished the Internal Revenue Service, would you vote for him/her?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2009, 06:25 AM

15,402 posts, read 29,040,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
If A Repblican Came Along In 2012 And Promised To Cut Spending ( dramatically ), got rid of the ridiculous cap & trade injustice to the American people, and abolished the Internal Revenue Service, would you vote for him/her?
Not enough information to give an honest answer. I'd have to know who the person is, and take a look at his/her background and record. I'd have to watch how that person ran a campaign, you can tell a lot about a person that way. I'd want to know more about these ideas. I'd want to know just what is involved with this plan to abolish the IRS, for example.

Depending on such things, I might vote for a republican. I'm registered as a democrat and am very happy with Obama's performance, so the odds are I'll vote for him again. However I do not feel obligated to vote democratic if an outstanding candidate should happen to come along.

...but somehow I doubt that's gonna happen.

Old 05-03-2009, 06:55 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,859,165 times
do you remember what bush promised in 2000? politicians are professional liars.

Old 05-03-2009, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
I'd want to know just what is involved with this plan to abolish the IRS, for example.
Abolishing the IRS is not impossible. It just seems impossible.

Consider this ...

Americans For Fair Taxation: Americans For Fair Taxation

Old 05-03-2009, 07:22 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,216,682 times
Quote:
No, because he/she would be an idiot.....I don't fall for all the sugary "what they wanna hear" crap.

Old 05-03-2009, 07:28 AM

15,402 posts, read 29,040,225 times
Ummm, yooohooo Yooper.... nobody said anything about whether abolishing the IRS was possible or impossible. The only comment has been "get more information." It's so wierd how you always want to hijack your own threads, I mean c'mon don't you think people can see through this?

This is such a wierd game, I mean every few days I see you do this--you keep starting threads that pretend to be about one subject, but as soon as people actually try to discuss that topic you try to switch it over to some other topic.

Here's a novel idea, why not just make the thread title about the subject you really want to discuss? In other words, if you wanted this to be a thread about abolishing the IRS, why not just make that the title of the thread?

Old 05-03-2009, 07:40 AM

All I said was that it wasn't impossible. Didn't mean to be so offensive.

Old 05-03-2009, 08:12 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,591,380 times
Quote:
Abolutely not...

Anyone making promises like that would be lying thru their teeth...

And I don't know anyone stupid enough to believe a Republican will slash spending - surely not after the Dubya regime... it's just a bold-faced lie told to fool people into voting for them... you know, like Dubya's claims of Weapons of Mass Destruction was a bold-faced lie to get Congress to approve an invasion of Iraq.

Old 05-03-2009, 08:28 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,544,295 times
If the candidate is a fiscal conservative and social liberal I'd vote for him. Unfortunately, only one-half of the equation is given. If he's a social conservative he can forget it...

Old 05-03-2009, 08:31 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,197,818 times
Quote:
Abolishing the IRS is not impossible. It just seems impossible.

Consider this ...

Americans For Fair Taxation: Americans For Fair Taxation
There are major flaws in the FairTax.

Just ask yourself this. When has government spending ever been on used stuff?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections