Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Favorite in 2012
Mike Huckabee 18 9.38%
Sarah Palin 25 13.02%
Mitt Romney 31 16.15%
Jeb Bush 0 0%
Charlie Crist 6 3.13%
Rick Perry 1 0.52%
Mark Sanford 3 1.56%
Paul Ryan 4 2.08%
Eric Cantor 1 0.52%
John McCain 3 1.56%
Rudy Giulliani 6 3.13%
Tim Pawlenty 6 3.13%
John Ensign 1 0.52%
Other 32 16.67%
I'm a Democrat, so Barack Obama 55 28.65%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 07:15 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times

Advertisements

Please note that Obama is leading our poll by over two to one over the most popular Republican.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2009, 09:47 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Please note that Obama is leading our poll by over two to one over the most popular Republican.
Put Mitt and other together and who is leading then

Those voting for Rudy and others will come together for the right ticket
Plus Obama has to hold on to the votes he got last year. Chances are that isnt going to happen

Old 05-20-2009, 07:56 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
Palin/Jindal in 2012!

Old 05-21-2009, 09:32 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
I am going with Newt/Romney myself.

Romney will be the perfect because he knows money very well and Obama will have us already spent into 2050 with his crazy spending.

We will need Romney to dig us out of the Obama hell hole.

Palin has no chance in the world. Far too many powerful people way ahead of her. Her 3 months of fame I believe is gone.

Old 05-21-2009, 11:19 PM

1,374 posts, read 1,305,149 times
Come on Huckabee is great!

Old 05-21-2009, 11:21 PM

Doesn't matter the Dems are done!
They screwed up the USA worst ever!

Old 05-21-2009, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Which is sad!
This is not a popularity contest!
Obama is not fit to be president!
It's been over 100 days and has done nothing
but wrong!

Old 05-22-2009, 02:16 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,423,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
best Republican for 2012? hopefully a dead one! (i'm kidding!) but out of that list Crist is a very moderate Republican.
Hilarious..Good one. I'm no Rep, but I'd say Crist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Charlie Crist seems like a rational, reasonable guy. Something the GOP has been utterly lacking for the past decade. That will probably deny him any chance at the nomination in 2012.
True....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Isn't Crist gay? That may be too much to overcome.
He's married, but so were Senator Craig, and that Heidle guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Republicans have two choices. Go back to the basic conversative nature (Romney or Huckabee) or try to counter Obama's "change" (Jindal or Steele). Personally i like Jindal.
Steele? Please....Dude's a joke. A clown, but a friend of mine made a good point. If they put Steele against Obama, and if he won, it would be funny how two black Presidents won elections back to back (One Republican, One Democrat).

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
A LOT of gay men are married to women. Larry Craig and Ted Haggard come to mind. The fact that he is married is nop indicator of anything.
Craig, if you remember, was also against gay rights. Again, his public positions have no meaning.
I know....certainly in the restrooms..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogercobb View Post
I like Jindal because he has, from what I've read, done a great job as governor of Louisiana. The state historically has had one of the highest unemployment rates but now has one of the lowest in the country. Jindal because of his youth and charisma may be able to appeal to the young vote as well as minorities...something McCain had absolutely no success with. Some of the above options are pretty awful. No way would I want Guiliani, Crist, or Jeb Bush(no more of the Bush dynasty please...enough already)or MacCain. I have no interest in Sarah Palin getting the nomination either. Obama would destroy her in an election.
Maybe Jindal...but still lacking something. My answer for Louisianna having the lower unemployment rate in the country is simply because many, many residents left....never to come back.

Ask people in GA, TN, TX and Orlando what they think of hurricane Katrina, and what the exodus of people from Louisianna caused them and their communities. I'm not making this up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
From what I've seen so far I'm pretty happy with Obama.
SAME HERE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellness View Post
Doesn't matter the Dems are done!
They screwed up the USA worst ever!
No, it's called cleaning up a mess...That's all. Lots of work to do, and wrongs to undo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellness View Post
Which is sad!
This is not a popularity contest!
Bsuh was not fit to be president!
It's been 8 years and has done nothing
but wrong!
I corrected it for you...my friend..Thank me later.

Old 05-22-2009, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
Hilarious..Good one. I'm no Rep, but I'd say Crist.

No, it's called cleaning up a mess...That's all. Lots of work to do, and wrongs to undo.
When you find someone who can undo the wrongs let me know.....

And who is going to clean up the mess Fidel Obama leaves behind? It will take decades to clean up his mess.

My grandkids who have not been born yet will be paying for his spending mistakes.

So far Obama has made so many mistakes who is going to fix them?

Let the spendathon begin.

Old 05-22-2009, 08:01 PM

Quote:

Please note:

Add up all the votes for the rep side and then look at your lousy 25.

What is it, 4 to 1 in favor of the rep candidates.

Leading candidate means nothing, the total votes is what counts.

Gosh, are you in 1st grade or something?

You have just made yourself look like a total Obama fan, you cannot even add things up correctly.

Doesnt take to much smarts to figure this one out.

So now you are not counting total votes anymore??? Typical lib
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections