Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 04:39 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,931,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
Nevermind, you win Sandy.
Whatever you say.

I can't get past that first ridiculous statement.

If you start phrasing things a little less... partisan, I'll take it more seriously.
it is not a ridiculous statement and it is not partisan. it just so happens that a democratic president is doing this, but it could have been a republican as we found out with bush. if you implement policies that only hurt american workers and exempt other countries from these policies, you are (whether on purpose or not) sabotaging the american worker. we do not have a big enough manufacturing base to have more roadblocks thrown in the way of manufacturing. what would even be the point of doing that????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2009, 06:22 AM

1,319 posts, read 1,619,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i am not an economist. the only reason for economists is to make astrologers look good by comparison.
You didn't have to state the obvious..

It's totally obvious that you have no clue about economic theory..

Expecting Obama's plans to correct the mess Bush left us in only 4 months, indicates you don't have an ounce of economic acumen...

The economy would have been far far far worse off had McCain won...

Obama's plan will turn the economy around faster than it would have recovered under Republicans...

Obama haters (and Limbaugh/Hannity brain-dead listeners) simply want to just keep hating and ranting and complaining ad-infinitum...

You sound like a Republican party hack...

Old 06-15-2009, 04:04 PM

name calling does not change facts. it looks like zero good economic news on the horizon today.

Old 06-15-2009, 04:45 PM

522 posts, read 716,639 times
Oops I guess I ran into a meeting of the young republicans.

Old 06-15-2009, 05:08 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,062,328 times
Quote:
either obama has not thought things through or he is deliberately trying to sabotage american workers.
the government has just taken over GM and yet has plans to enact cap and trade. when you are trying (if you are actually trying) to get car manufacturing back up and running on the backs of american taxpayers, why on earth would you institute a tax on american business THAT THE REST OF THE WORLD IS EXEMPT FROM? why would you implement a new tax that is specific to american industry and now also specific to the american taxpayer.
also, if you state that housing is the root of the problem why on earth would you consider more bailouts (california is being considered for a bailout) and also keep printing money, when you know that the net effect of all of this money printing would be increasing inflation, leading to hyperinflation, as well as higher interest rates for home purchase. that would help restrict the ability of any working american to be in a position to buy a house and help mop up the housing reserve, not to mention that a lot more houses will go into foreclosure!
WTH!
the real hurt came from Bush when signed a the Tax Break policy for U.S. businesses outsourcing our jobs off-shore.

Old 06-15-2009, 05:11 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,906,537 times
Quote:
it is not a ridiculous statement and it is not partisan. it just so happens that a democratic president is doing this, but it could have been a republican as we found out with bush. if you implement policies that only hurt american workers and exempt other countries from these policies, you are (whether on purpose or not) sabotaging the american worker. we do not have a big enough manufacturing base to have more roadblocks thrown in the way of manufacturing. what would even be the point of doing that????
Took 2 weeks to come up with that, eh?

Old 06-15-2009, 07:35 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,324,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar31 View Post
the real hurt came from Bush when signed a the Tax Break policy for U.S. businesses outsourcing our jobs off-shore.

Bull sh--!

You must not understand how business works.

I was able to hire more people under his tax cuts and so was many others.

Watch this moron Obama go to work, he wants no US manufacturing jobs at all and will do whatever he can to destroy any business that does not follow his little corrupt ways of operating.

Then the idiot want to raise min wage again when those min wage workers are not even worth 5.00 per hour to begin with.

Obama wants to over tax business and it will cause massive layoffs and closings of tons of businesses.

He is an economic disaster.

Grow up and stop talking until you own a business and understand how it works.

My business thrived under Bush and I was able to sell it for a ton of money thanks to Bush, I was going downhill under Clinton because of his rotten tax policies.

Old 06-16-2009, 06:01 AM

2,104 posts, read 1,444,797 times
The ability so spout some psuedo-intellectual nonsense does not an economist make.

Gosh, just imagine if some of the EXPERTS on this forum were running the country. Everything would be automagically fixed! Darn those little buggers for keeping the secrets from our government! I mean, how selfish of them to keep this valuable info to themselves!

Old 06-16-2009, 06:05 AM

2,104 posts, read 1,444,797 times
Yeah, my knick-knack and doily sales on eBay are hurting and IT'S ALL OBAMA'S FAULT!

It's got nothing to do with that fact that ultra-rich conservatives outsourced 90% of our manufacturing base to foreign countries! Traded in the economic future of our country for short term profits, and many of them even failed at that.

No, it's all Obama's fault!

Old 06-16-2009, 06:20 AM

how is obama addressing the problem?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections