Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will something happen in 2012?
Yes, it will be something major and life changing for all of humanity 16 21.05%
Yes, but it will only be something minor. 5 6.58%
No, nothing will happen. 40 52.63%
Not sure 15 19.74%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 09:39 AM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,080,405 times

Advertisements

I can just see some old Mayan fella hired to make up the calender thousands of years ago.

For years he sat, pluggin' away at this daunting task, when one day, the village medicine man diagnosed him with carpal tunnel.

No more calender makin' for you, pops.

And there ya have it.

That's why the calender ends when it does.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2009, 09:43 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,454,913 times
2012 doomsday could be the perfect new issue for the birthers.

Old 08-02-2009, 10:27 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,379,671 times
Questions you've got to ask yourself.

1. Do you believe a major disaster will effect us in 2012?

If the answer is yes then.

2. Can you do anything about it?

The real answer is probably no to either of those questions. You can hope you will adapt and overcome, but the fact is, if a asteroid of a significant size hits the Earth, then we will all die, end of story. If a plague thats bad enough breaks out, all or most of us will die, end of story.

There is no where to run, there will be no place to hide. Read Revelations, I don't buy Revelations myself, but most people do. It tells you there will be no place to hide. Live everyday like its your last, I think you'll be surprised on January 1st, 2013

Old 08-02-2009, 10:34 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,338,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
PALIN 2012!
Is she going to run as a third party? The GOP is not going to give her the nomination.

Old 08-02-2009, 10:38 AM

2,636 posts, read 6,648,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godsavethequeens View Post
Gay marriage will finally become legal in Alabama.
I'll believe that when I see it.

Old 08-02-2009, 10:48 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,136,829 times
The change as I understand it will have profound implications on third dimensional existence because the real "event" is multidimensional. Not everything that happens happens in the third dimension. What is happening is a change in energy levels and the opening up of communication with more levels of reality. The scare tactic of fear is being employed because this will, naturally, involve the collapse of much of what we know. Those that really don't want us to have this extra communication and this extra information WANT us to be afraid so they can steal the show for themselves. They want us to remain in this failed system so that we'll be their prisoners for many more eons. This time of great opportunity is being usurped by those who know it's coming and want no part of the change it represents.

I see the collapse of all the things that are currently taken for granted: economy, politics, and religion. War will break out as we struggle to make sense of everything. You people with your guns will unwittingly play into the whole scenario and shoot your neighbors who really are in the same boat as you. I'd think twice before I created that kind of world if I were you. Control will be implemented at many levels and the methods used will shock our biological systems to maximize their success. Think about how our food is now processed instead of natural and how much we've altered the electromagnetic spectrum in the last century. It's all been a slow evolution of weakening our bodies for these important times.

However, this impending change can be survived in a fashion that benefits us all. Not everyone will choose to participate. It is, after all, still a free will universe. You can remain imprisoned believing in the false gods from the skies who will enslave you. Or you can realize this long-standing game is coming to an end, that you really are sovereign to yourself, and that you alone can create your own world. You can't enter the next phase as you are. Humanity is so off-kilter, so imbalanced, it can't possibly survive in these "larger" realms. This is a corrective phase. What isn't needed must be abandoned. That that abandonment will be painful for many people is of no consequence. On some small level, you knew what you were getting into when you came here this time around.

Adapt and grow or stay here for one more go around the Milky Way waiting for the next opportunity. I hear that's about 250 million years.

Oh, and the disinformation campaign is another attempt at gaining the upper hand. Do you think anything currently in place would ever tell you the truth? The whole point of these times is that the truth comes from within. All these external influences have their own agenda. What's yours? Do you want to continue with the "human condition", the one of suffering, war, and victimhood? Or do you want something better? This upcoming change--one that should be prepared for--is the opportunity.

Last edited by mhouse2001; 08-02-2009 at 10:57 AM..

Old 08-02-2009, 10:59 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,466,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
baskin robbins will add a 32nd flavor
And a million trial lawyers will start class action suits based upon detrimental reliance and false advertising when it's discovered that there are actually 12 herbs and spices in Kentucky Fried Chicken and always have been!

Surely that will be the end of the world as we know it in 2012.

Old 08-02-2009, 11:35 AM

689 posts, read 742,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwflconch View Post
I don't think anything major will happen, the Mayans didn't say that the Earth was going to end on 12/21/2012, that's just when they ended their calender, I mean, they had to end it somewhere. But of course December 21 is when Winter starts, so I don't know, maybe there will be a polar shift. Or maybe God and Jesus will come down to Earth. I'm a little bit anxious about that date. The night before, everyone will probably be a little nervous, and then on 12/21/2012, we'll be waiting for something to happen, then nothing happens, then it's the next day, and we wait, then another day comes and nothing happens, then we slowly grow out of our fear.
I'm sure someone has already pointed this out, but do you know how many end of the year scenario's there have been? And...is being nervous about it going to change anything.

Old 08-02-2009, 05:55 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,931,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
2012 doomsday could be the perfect new issue for the birthers.
Actually it is not really a new issue, they have been predicting the end of America when Obama (and Hillary Clinton) first started running. But yes, you may be right now that the birth ceritificate is an issuev only for the really really farsiders. Funny thing is, with their track record of being wrong, the odds are in our favor that all their doom and gloom preidictions usually turn out to be false, and turn out to be the opposite of their prediction, in fact I cannot think of one they have gotten right yet, hmmmmm. Looks good for the USA. Funny how some that call themselves Patriots have so little faith in their fellow Americans and this Nation, some have gone so far to make comments that they would back, or be willing to commit, acts of treason by tearing this Nation down to re-build to their vision, never mind the will of the Nation and it's People, makes me sick.
Casper

Old 08-03-2009, 11:35 AM

30 posts, read 98,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Impossible to say and anyone who says they know either has magical powers of prophesy or is lying...and the first seems rather unlikely to me.

well, I dont have any magical powers. but I do know that the last part of the bible tells a story that 100% mirrors our modern world. And I think the end is comming sooner than we think. If the Bible is correct (which i believe it is) then the antichrist is already here on earth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections