Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 08:24 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,081,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
9/11 didn't happen in the 1990's (although many conservatives would love to think it did). There was one legitimate attack under Clinton's watch, and it was foiled. And why would terrorists want to attack within our country now, when there are plenty of American men and women in their own backyard and a lot more susceptible?
What?? One legitimate attack? What does that mean?

Let's revisit history, since you seem to have forgotten in your attempt to revise it;

1993 WTC bombing
Khobar Towers
The Cole
Kenya/Tanzania Embassy bombings (2)

For all that, the only thing clinton did was lob a cruise missile into a sand dune.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2009, 08:27 AM

Quote:
it's a state law ballots have to be recounted. All Gore did was ask the state to abide by its own laws and Jeb Bush and his people refused and tried to stonewall him.
No. Gore only asked for the recount in certain counties. It was Al Gore that brought the suit to SCOTUS.

Old 06-28-2009, 08:30 AM

Quote:
I already DID dispute it and was waiting on YOUR proof when you went off on this long windy fairy tale that nobody believes but YOU.
You call the exchange of yours below "disputing" something? Try again for some semblance of truth.

Here's the relevant passage;

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The policies, programs and weak, pacifistic attitude and actions from the clinton admin led directly to the attack on 9/11.

Attack after attack, with no consequences for the terrorists, emboldened them - they thought the US was weak and did not have the stomach to fight them. Just listen to UBL - he said all that in his interviews and jihadists statements, starting in Somalia, where the US under clinton allowed 18 of our best to be slaughtered by the weakness and faulty decisions of politicians in DC.

That incident was key in the way UBL perceived us - and his suspicions were confirmed as throughout the decade we were attacked with little retribution.

Delusional and pathetic is what somebody would have to be to buy into your story.Unreal

Old 06-28-2009, 09:03 AM

8,288 posts, read 13,610,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
He is not my MAN. I did not agree with him on many issues so there smarty pants. No one is perfect but he did not send the troops to Iraq.

YOUR libs did! If they would have voted against the war they had enough voted to stop it and did not.

If you even would understand at all that YOUR MAN John Kerry said he did not read the entire bill on sending the troops but voted for it.

What moron would not read the entire bill that sends our troops to war?

Not ONE, NOT ONE single looney bin liberal ever said a word about believing they were lied to for many years after.

So thank YOUR liberal congress for the death of all our soliders. And do not forget your looney liberal friends took away money for the troops and OBAMA was one of them.

Bush did not lie, your liberals lied to you.

Just like Nancy Pelosi knew about the water boarding and said nothing for 6 damn years and you say nothing to her. Why are you not holding her accountable?

Just to prove you wrong Bush did many things I did not approve of, but like most Obama robots he cannot do anything wrong and you wont stand up against him even if you knew he is wrong.

That is the diff between libs and conservatives, we will stand our ground even against our own people, libs go with the flow and never say a damn word.

So tell me this, Obama promised on day one he would day and night to get out troops home and close Gitmo.

Well, here it is almost 6 months later, he has added more troops and has not closed Gitmo and now says he wants the right to leave Gitmo open forever.

So who got caught lying? One guess? OBAMA

Prove to me Bush lied to anyone?

And then prove to me that one single liberal read the ENTIRE war bill.

Then you libs sit back and under minded our troops for years causing even more deaths with your craziness.

If anything, libs are at fault for many of our soliders lives.

Obama now is over 100 deaths and we are watching him like a hawk, knowing he would have them ALL home. So far, none home and more deaths thanks to his lie.

Remember, Obama has the authority to bring them home right now, but he is not is he.

If you want to see a real liar, watch your boy Obama, a lie a minute machine.
nothing like revisionist history! First of all Congress was dominated by Conservatives when 9/11 occurred and the GOP. Do you remember WMDs & the lies? Ever heard of PNAC which Cheney was a part of? Do you remember the August 6th memo entitled " Bin Laden determined to strike" yet Bush & Condi both ignored?

If anybody is responsible for troops dying it Bush & his cabal. What did you expect Obama to do with the mess he inherited? Let Iraq fall apart? He has said we are leaving in August of 2010.

Old 06-28-2009, 09:32 AM

26,210 posts, read 19,614,953 times
Quote:

Let's revisit history, since you seem to have forgotten in your attempt to revise it;

1993 WTC bombing
Khobar Towers
The Cole

For all that, the only thing clinton did was lob a cruise missile into a sand dune.

The question is "What will you remember most about Bush?" though, not about Clinton's foreign policy.

What else will I remember?

1) The flight suit on the carrier deck

2) Wanting to loot Social Security and touring the country to convince others its a good idea after he was re-elected in 2004 in the midst of a disastrous war he started in Iraq

3) His daily reminders that forces much greater then he were responsible for this moron sitting in the White House and representing the GOP as its leader

4) His utter cluelessness DAYS after a major hurricane wiped out a major American city (Europeans were fascinated by this I hear)

5) His rambling response to a question in 2006, while standing beside Angela Merkel, about the Palestinan's being bombed by the Israeli Air Force in F-15's supplied by the United States: He started rambling "I can't wait to cut that pig" repeatedly in reply to the question, referring to an upcoming barbecue he had planned as a guest of Merkel. It was as bizaree as anything I heard from him. And depressing, considering he and Cheney were largely responsible for greenlighting the bombing that killed over one thousand innocent people in Gaza and elsewhere

These all stand out

Old 06-28-2009, 10:02 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,131,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
He is not my MAN. I did not agree with him on many issues so there smarty pants. No one is perfect but he did not send the troops to Iraq.

YOUR libs did! If they would have voted against the war they had enough voted to stop it and did not.

If you even would understand at all that YOUR MAN John Kerry said he did not read the entire bill on sending the troops but voted for it.

What moron would not read the entire bill that sends our troops to war?

Not ONE, NOT ONE single looney bin liberal ever said a word about believing they were lied to for many years after.

So thank YOUR liberal congress for the death of all our soliders. And do not forget your looney liberal friends took away money for the troops and OBAMA was one of them.

Bush did not lie, your liberals lied to you.

Just like Nancy Pelosi knew about the water boarding and said nothing for 6 damn years and you say nothing to her. Why are you not holding her accountable?

Just to prove you wrong Bush did many things I did not approve of, but like most Obama robots he cannot do anything wrong and you wont stand up against him even if you knew he is wrong.

That is the diff between libs and conservatives, we will stand our ground even against our own people, libs go with the flow and never say a damn word.

So tell me this, Obama promised on day one he would day and night to get out troops home and close Gitmo.

Well, here it is almost 6 months later, he has added more troops and has not closed Gitmo and now says he wants the right to leave Gitmo open forever.

So who got caught lying? One guess? OBAMA

Prove to me Bush lied to anyone?

And then prove to me that one single liberal read the ENTIRE war bill.

Then you libs sit back and under minded our troops for years causing even more deaths with your craziness.

If anything, libs are at fault for many of our soliders lives.

Obama now is over 100 deaths and we are watching him like a hawk, knowing he would have them ALL home. So far, none home and more deaths thanks to his lie.

Remember, Obama has the authority to bring them home right now, but he is not is he.

If you want to see a real liar, watch your boy Obama, a lie a minute machine.
The whole WORLD knows he lied and had the intel cooked,but yet you don't?Amazing....Here's 2 seconds worth of research on Google and I'm sure there are millions of better links out there...why don't YOU try doing some so you don't appear to be so moronic on the issue.

Sounds Fishy, Mr. President

"Uncorroborated accusations such as these form part of a pattern of deception. When Bush II met with British Prime Minister Tony Blair on Sept. 7, both men referred to an apparently "new" report from the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) that had found Mr. Hussein trying to rebuild, as Mr. Blair put it, at his "former nuclear-weapon sites." Mr. Bush elaborated, citing an IAEA report that Iraq was "six months away from developing a weapon. I don't know what more evidence we need."
The IAEA responded that not only was there no new report, "there's never been a report" asserting that Iraq was six months away from constructing a nuclear weapon -- not in 1998, not in 1991. White House deputy press secretary Scott McClellan evidently didn't persue his Nexis search far enough to find Andrew Rosenthal's front-page analysis in the Sept. 26, 1991, New York Times stating that "American officials, including Gen. Colin L. Powell . . . acknowledged . . . that [Iraq's nuclear threat] is not any real threat -- in the short term or even medium term."
Thus, when Bush II says Mr. Hussein "is moving ever closer to developing a nuclear weapon," he is, for all practical purposes, lying. When he says, "the longer we wait, the stronger and bolder Saddam Hussein will become," he sounds very much like Bush I, who said: "Each day [that] passes means another day that Saddam Hussein can work toward perfecting his chemical and biological weapons capability. Another day of atrocities for Amnesty International to document."

As for Kerry...I never liked the guy myself,but as has become the norm in U.S. POTUS races it came down to the lesser of two evils yet once again.
BUT...I think that anyone who calls him a coward or a traitor is a complete idiot and in a certain way they are unpatriotic due to the fact that they are slamming someone who sacrificed for their country.Where's YOUR Purple Heart medal or are you just another Chickenhawk like the rest of the NeoCONS?

Old 06-28-2009, 10:06 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,131,949 times
Quote:

1993 WTC bombing
Khobar Towers
The Cole

So you think it would have been better if he had lied like Bush did and then went and attacked Canada? He might as well of because Canada had as much to do with 9/11 as Iraq did.

Old 06-28-2009, 12:15 PM

24,538 posts, read 33,448,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Actually I think Gore conceded the next morning but if the margin is below a certain number, it's a state law ballots have to be recounted. All Gore did was ask the state to abide by its own laws and Jeb Bush and his people refused and tried to stonewall him.
Florida state law does require ballots to be recounted (machine recounts). However, hand recounts are only to be done if one of three things happen...
1. Machine breakdown; 2. A natural disaster, such as a hurricane; 3. Obvious fraud.

Again, Jed Bush recused himself therefore he couldn't have tried to stonewall anyone.

Old 06-28-2009, 01:25 PM

37,593 posts, read 19,463,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Florida state law does require ballots to be recounted (machine recounts). However, hand recounts are only to be done if one of three things happen...
1. Machine breakdown; 2. A natural disaster, such as a hurricane; 3. Obvious fraud.

Again, Jed Bush recused himself therefore he couldn't have tried to stonewall anyone.
I like that story.

And W really did believe there were WMDs in Iraq.

He did.

Really.

Really, really did.

Old 06-28-2009, 01:51 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,108,933 times
Quote:

1993 WTC bombing
Khobar Towers
The Cole

None of those were on American soil, and the 1993 WTC attack was foiled. You know how many attacks on Americans there have been overseas since Bush took office? A lot more than Clinton
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections