Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 10:57 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,354,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Me too. In fact, I'm a Fat Old White Guy, aka an FOWG, pronounced "fo-ghee" as in old fo-ghee.
Not me, baby. I'm in my sixties, but with rock hard abs. Buns of steel. The whole package. All I need now is to remember where I put my shoes. And where I live....

Old 07-20-2009, 11:02 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,771,243 times
Obama is the greatest recruiter for the Republican party. His policies promise to quadruple the deficit, his foreign policy is a disaster, cap and tax is a loser. Hence more people identify themselves as conservative.

http://www.reason.com/blog/show/134617.html

Old 07-20-2009, 11:02 AM

484 posts, read 1,217,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Just out of curiosity: which party has an African-American chair? Which administration had an African-American Secretary of State? The Supreme Court has one sitting African-American Justice. Who nominated him?
Steele became the chair for the GOP in response to what people are pointing out about the GOP on this thread.

Condi Rice was a decent SOS so we'll just have to leave it to each person to consider whether Bush appointed her for her skills or ethnicity.

It should be noted though that another Bush appointee, Colin Powell, also voices criticism about the GOP and race relations.

Bush the First explicitly stated that he nominated Clarance Thomas to continue the legacy of Thurgood Marshall. That is, Thomas was nominated because he is black. And the GOP has the audacity to cry about the nomination of Sotomayer.

Old 07-20-2009, 11:04 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,482,960 times
Quote:
Just out of curiosity: which party has an African-American chair? Which administration had an African-American Secretary of State? The Supreme Court has one sitting African-American Justice. Who nominated him?
They have a chair they attempted to destroy right after he was selected. They had Secretary of State that they called racist when he parted with their nominee and have a Supreme Court Justice that fears talking while sitting on the court. I guess he has to confer with massa before he opens his mouth, laughable.

Old 07-20-2009, 11:06 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,848,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
They have a chair they attempted to destroy right after he was selected. They had Secretary of State that they called racist when he parted with their nominee and have a Supreme Court Justice that fears talking while sitting on the court. I guess he has to confer with massa before he opens his mouth, laughable.

you keep outdoing yourself with absurdity.

Old 07-20-2009, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmaingr View Post
Steele became the chair for the GOP in response to what people are pointing out about the GOP on this thread.

Condi Rice was a decent SOS so we'll just have to leave it to each person to consider whether Bush appointed her for her skills or ethnicity.

It should be noted though that another Bush appointee, Colin Powell, also voices criticism about the GOP and race relations.

Bush the First explicitly stated that he nominated Clarance Thomas to continue the legacy of Thurgood Marshall. That is, Thomas was nominated because he is black. And the GOP has the audacity to cry about the nomination of Sotomayer.
This is an interesting post. You make the point that the GOP has enlightened opinons about race, concede my arguments, and then attribute opinions to me which I neither hold nor have expressed.

Welcome to the Forum.

Old 07-20-2009, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Thanks for telling us about Them. I was speaking as Me.

Old 07-20-2009, 11:17 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,482,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
You keep putting your foot in your mouth with no facts or credible repsonses..Please continue.

Quote:
Thanks for telling us about Them. I was speaking as Me.

Old 07-20-2009, 11:18 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,509,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Me too. In fact, I'm a Fat Old White Guy, aka an FOWG, pronounced "fo-ghee" as in old fo-ghee.
Me too, also commonly known as an "old fart" or a GZR, pronounced "gee-zer," the word "old" in front of it being redundant.

I'd hate to be around when all of us from the early boomer years follow our WW II era parents and assume room temperature. Look at what will be left! Thankfully, remaining here past that point not an option. Unfortunately my children and grandchildren, plus even more progeny, I'm sure, will be stuck with it.

Old 07-20-2009, 11:19 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,509,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
That's what can happen when you're tanked!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections