Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 08:35 PM

291 posts, read 415,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCity09 View Post
wait you mean Bush and all other presidents kept all of their promises? If Obama keeps 50% of them, he will get a great president.

wait spounge off us?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 08:40 PM

Location: Splitting time between Charlotte and Raleigh (work)
61 posts, read 72,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tindo80 View Post
I hate to tell you this, but every right winger, from moderates to far righties consider themselves 'center'. That or 'libertarian', which usually they do not even know or have read any of the philosophy. Nothing personal.
Ya, you got me. I must be a right winger. I am 100% anti war, I am in favor of gay marriage rights, I support legalizing/taxing/regulating pot and the same for prostitution. I am a classic conservative, right?

The fact of the matter is that a lot of people are not happy with Obama. A lot of people that voted for Obama are not happy. A lot of these unhappy people are not right wingers. I am an example of someone who deeply regrets his vote for Obama, because I was stupid enough to believe what he said. Now I know better.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:44 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,809,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Must I post the countless times he spoke of ending combat operations?

Come on. You're smarter than this. How in the world would we pull every troop out of Iraq? That's not even remotely possible given all of our infrastructure there.

I think you're just looking for a "gotcha", but it's not there. Peaceniks on the left are delusional if this is what they believe.
I know he couldn't do it. I also know he can't do health care. He is a smart man who uses`words carefully. This is not a game of gotcha. If using a persons own words are not evidence of what they mean what use are they? What hidden messages are there in healthcare that you would like to decode for us. Didn't he say we would be able to keep our own insurance? That isn't the case with the bills working their way through congress. Is this going to be the M.O. for the rest of his presidency that we are going to have to revise the meaning of his statements when he doesn't do what he says he will?

Old 07-23-2009, 08:56 PM

2,072 posts, read 6,717,555 times
Helen

I only post facts! Trust me! Thanks for the rep points ! I repped ya back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Shouldn't you be reading the presidential records link provided to you in a previous post so that you can stop spewing misinformation? Just in case you missed it:

Knowledge can be a good thing! And in that spirit, I offer additional reading material for beginners: Executive Order 13233 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 07-23-2009, 09:01 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,634,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Positiveone View Post
Helen

I only post facts! Trust me! Thanks for the rep points ! I repped ya back!!
A person has to know what a fact is in order for me to rep him/her, so it wasn't me.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:07 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,095,394 times
Quote:
Our wonderful President!!

Sure!!!!

YouTube - Obama Speech - Teleprompter Goes Out
even more embarrassing is that Bush referred to it as the "letter box"..

Old 07-23-2009, 09:59 PM

829 posts, read 1,284,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleprompter in Chief View Post
Ya, you got me. I must be a right winger. I am 100% anti war, I am in favor of gay marriage rights, I support legalizing/taxing/regulating pot and the same for prostitution. I am a classic conservative, right?
Actually, you ARE a paleoconservative, (or at least a libertarian maybe...depending on what your views are on the state, civil liberties, morality and the church) if you feel true to your definitions. Nothing wrong with that.

On the other hand, its pretty much a standard for people on either side to see the other side as further from center than they are. People usually consider themselves the 'middle' and the 'majority', even when they are not.

If people who supported Obama are opposed to him now because he isnt following all of his promises this early in the game, well I would say thats 50% impatience and 50% naivety. Impatience because a year has not even gone by, and he did make a ton of big BIG promises.

Naive because at the end of the day, he is still just a politician. Politicians rarely fall true to their promises on both sides. Partially because they cannot and all things must be worked out with congress, and partially because a lot of what they say to get elected was just that...to get elected. We all remember 'no new taxes' or 'were going to fix welfare' or 'compassionate conservative'. Its not lying, its politics.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:22 AM

2,072 posts, read 6,717,555 times
Yep, but George Bush is not our President! The idiot is named obama Hussein!!

Vote obama out in 4!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
even more embarrassing is that Bush referred to it as the "letter box"..

Old 07-24-2009, 01:54 AM

1,233 posts, read 1,417,971 times
Quote:
Yep, but George Bush is not our President! The idiot is named obama Hussein!!

Vote obama out in 4!!
See conservatives? this is the majority of your party. This poster right here is why you lost the presidency and congress, and why your party is continuing to implode. Its hard for people to admit it when they're wrong, especially after investing so much into their "side", but now its time. No president has ever received this much unwarranted hate before, and its only 7 months into his presidency.

You have to admit that the USA has not changed since Obama was elected, yet there are threads made every day talking about all of the damage Obama has done. This is obvious blind hate, and you reasonable conservatives need to figure out how to separate yourself from the ignorant part of your constituency. Maybe go independent, who knows? Just do something.

Old 07-24-2009, 04:36 AM

Location: Splitting time between Charlotte and Raleigh (work)
61 posts, read 72,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeldude View Post
See conservatives? this is the majority of your party. This poster right here is why you lost the presidency and congress, and why your party is continuing to implode. Its hard for people to admit it when they're wrong, especially after investing so much into their "side", but now its time. No president has ever received this much unwarranted hate before, and its only 7 months into his presidency.

You have to admit that the USA has not changed since Obama was elected, yet there are threads made every day talking about all of the damage Obama has done. This is obvious blind hate, and you reasonable conservatives need to figure out how to separate yourself from the ignorant part of your constituency. Maybe go independent, who knows? Just do something.
I do know why those on the left keep ignoring facts and history. It is the DEMOCRATS that are turning on Obama. The Democrats have total control of congress and can pass anything they want to. The Republicans are not stopping them. The democrats are imploding on themselves.

Has anything changed in America? Yes. We are now funding baby killing overseas. We have now taken control of auto companies. We have now buried ourselves in more debt that anytime in history. We have now put ourselves in the biggest deficits in history. We are now more divided than ever in this country. Yes, things have changed.

One thing those on the left need to understand. Democrats ALWAYS end up losing. There is no possibility of democrats maintaining control forever. The pattern is always this. Republicans get elected, as most people are fiscal conservatives. At some point in time, conservatives start spending too much and get voted out for something different. The democrats come in and instantly start the spending spree and they get voted out in favor of conservatives again. Wash, rinse and repeat. It's a joke. The only question is will democrats have control for 4 or 8 years.

If I was a democrat, I would not be so cocky as I know my party will lose again. It ALWAYS happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections