Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 11:00 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,333,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
NONE of this surprises me!! Once Obama opened his mouth about it, I knew he had to have some connection with the whole ordeal.
Me too, wondered right off why the man in the WH would get involved in a local police issue like this without some kind of connection. Of course his mentor was involved and Obama went to bat for them without knowing the professor was racially profiling the poor white policeman.

Something tells me the professors buddy lawyers called his buddy Obama at the WH and told him about this right away.

Problem is as usual, Obama screwed this one up also.
OBAMA INSERTS BIG FOOT INTO MOUTH ONCE AGAIN.

Local issues like this is none of Obamas business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2009, 11:19 PM

844 posts, read 1,282,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
I knew tindo80 would have to whine about this.

When a cop tells you to settle down - you should settle down. Not start screaming "I'm a black guy - therefore I don't have to abide by the law".

And how the hell do you know what a level headed centrist is?

Someone who believes in abortion, smokes pot, wears sandals and still lives with his parents?

Please see a therapist.
I dont see any whining other than you making your standard troll posts, and the thread creator who is amazingly shocked that Gates and Obama have a connection, with Gates being a long time well reknown professor at Harvard and Obama being a graduate.

It does not take rocket science to figure out the connection, yet you two are acting like its the freaking smoking gun from the kennedy assassination. Really, as I said, I am not at all a fan of liberals and their unrealistic ideals, but a lot of the conservative claims and statements here border on innane gossiping.

I am almost starting to think most of you are actually liberals net minstreling around in disguise as conservatives, making blatantly stupid points that are easily shot down. No real conservative would make such fallacious points.

Old 07-25-2009, 11:32 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,333,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tindo80 View Post
I dont see any whining other than you making your standard troll posts, and the thread creator who is amazingly shocked that Gates and Obama have a connection, with Gates being a long time well reknown professor at Harvard and Obama being a graduate.

It does not take rocket science to figure out the connection, yet you two are acting like its the freaking smoking gun from the kennedy assassination. Really, as I said, I am not at all a fan of liberals and their unrealistic ideals, but a lot of the conservative claims and statements here border on innane gossiping.

I am almost starting to think most of you are actually liberals net minstreling around in disguise as conservatives, making blatantly stupid points that are easily shot down. No real conservative would make such fallacious points.
And the connection lead to Obama looking like a total ass.

Right off the bat Obama used the race card and the three buddies transpired to go after the white cop but were shut down when the black cop spoke up.

Connections are great until you try to use them to abuse someone like the Professor did and then tried to use Obamas power to force something that was not there.

What you are missing is the three of them, Obama, Gates and the lawyer all have BLACK PANTHER connections that you seem to want to avoid.

So our idea of the connections connect the dots that Obama is a racist ass who came to aid of an old friend and ended up looking like a stupid ass.

Maybe you should tell Obama he needs to check his facts before he make yet another mistake and shows us another case of him being a racist pig.

Old 07-26-2009, 02:09 AM

844 posts, read 1,282,438 times
^ Yooper is your dupe, and you apparently forgot to post in a different style so that you two would seem like different posters.

You posted that last post as Yoopers in his style.

No way you are a conservative.

Old 07-27-2009, 03:46 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,973,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
What shock!!!

Distinguished Harvard law professor who defends preeminent Harvard scholar has links to one of Harvard Law's most illustrious alumni!!! Absolutely frig'in amazing!

Just think, before 2008 such a connection would have been ascribed as being part of the good ole boy network, now it is a nefarious plot of Afro-American neo terrorist!!!

Thanks for bring this to our attention.
Sorry, but in this case, we need to look back at his history. I mean, Crowley was asked if there had been any complaints about racial profiling in his career, so why not question the good professor's radical past?

Do I think this is a "nefarious plot?" No, I don't. However, if the police officer belonged to a hate group or had some questionable associations with racists, he would have already been fired.

By the way, why isn't anyone asking why Sgt Crowley was singled out to teach a class on racial profiling & sensitivity by a Black police commissioner? Why is the Black officer at the scene supporting Crowley 100% if he's a racist? This is all such BS. I've been called a racist just for giving my opinion on message boards. Once I talked about the years I marched for civil rights and was called a liar, just because I don't like bigotry and, in this case, it's against a White police officer who puts his life on the line for us each day and a good citizen who called to report a possible burglary.

Yes, Gates is a very distinguished man and deserves a lot of praise and respect for his achievements in life. He has been blessed with a gifted mind, but he's using it to spread hate, not heal it. Just my opinion, if it's okay to have one when you're White.

Just some info for the board. When I just heard the 911 call, I learned the address was 17 Ware. That is a house owned by Harvard University. Maybe one reason Sgt Crowley had to call the Harvard Police and wanted to be careful to verify Gates was the rightful occupant was for his own protection. It's also been burglarized in the past!

Affiliated Housing - 17 Ware Street (http://www.hres.harvard.edu/RRE/NewWeb/Brochure/Affiliated/Complexes/17ware.htm - broken link)

IMO he should have been more cooperative, even if he was offended for being questioned. Now a Black President, a Black Governor and a Black Mayor are all apologizing for a multi-cultural police force. Makes a lot of sense, doesn't it?

Last edited by justNancy; 07-27-2009 at 04:01 PM..

Old 07-27-2009, 06:14 PM

852 posts, read 1,359,458 times
First, let's trying linking a legitimate source. Second, I agree that Obama shouldn't have said anything about this case but he's apologized. Surely, he isn't the first President to make a mistake. Hell, George W. Bush did for eight years. Third, who cares that Obama is linked to Professor. It's not rocket science based on the fact that he went to Harvard. The most prominent black scholar in the country, a distinguished lawyer from Harvard, the first black head of the Harvard Law Review, and they know each other!?!?! It'd be a bigger story if they didn't. We must remember that those that attend Harvard are a select few. It's not the community college down the street.

Last edited by yman97; 07-27-2009 at 06:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections