Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 01:20 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
"About 99% of all births in the U.S. take place in hospitals, yet we rank 29th in the world in infant mortality — below Hungary and tied with Slovakia and Poland — with 6.71 deaths per 1,000 live births. That compares to a rate of about 3.5 deaths per 1,000 live births in Far Eastern and Scandinavian countries such as Singapore, Japan, Norway and Sweden."
Please, keep in mind, included in the infant mortality rate are those births associated with those woman who illegally came to the United States - who may have been stuffed in trucks - or came across the desert - who had ABSOLULTELY no pre-natal care whatsoever.

Also included are births of children to drug addicted mothers - crack addicted mothers - who have crack addicted babies
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2009, 01:54 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
He has too much invested in it now. Just as the democrats are invested in no nuclear or crude oil drilign to supply our own energy needs. They are stuck with the promise of miracle enrgy slutions thatno ther country beleieves in. We are shipping billions of doolars overseas to enrich those countires which also means investment gfoes there along with jobs.

Old 08-09-2009, 03:47 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,069,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
If the plan is so simple as you say, why then is the bill over 1000 pages long?

Why was Obama trying to rush it through even though it will take years to go into effect?
I didn't say the plan was simple. I said the concept is simple. Who gives a **** how long the bill is..

why was he trying to rush it through? I don't know.. maybe because healthcare is broken and needs to be fixed..

like when my car breaks down.. I'd like it fixed.. stat.. like really quick. I don't like waiting..

Old 08-09-2009, 03:48 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times
As I wrote earlier, if I say it's raining, no matter how many puddles there are outside, you'll insist it's sunny. I wonder if you're going to try to convince me that Africa is a country, not a continent.

Too tired to keep arguing, because it does no good to repeat the facts over and over again. But this explains it pretty well for me.

[URL="http://www.ontheissues.org/Celeb/Bill_Clinton_Budget_+_Economy.htm"]Bill Clinton on Budget & Economy[/URL]

Old 08-09-2009, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Please, keep in mind, included in the infant mortality rate are those births associated with those woman who illegally came to the United States - who may have been stuffed in trucks - or came across the desert - who had ABSOLULTELY no pre-natal care whatsoever.

Also included are births of children to drug addicted mothers - crack addicted mothers - who have crack addicted babies
Source please?

So no other country has illegal immigrants? No other country has alcoholics and drug abusers? Again, you take a few words from a very long post and put your spin on them. You didn't respond the the fact that C-sections account for at least 1/3 of births compared to 4.5% in the 1960s.

Old 08-09-2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Source please? So no other country has illegal immigrants?
In the numbers the United States does? No.

Read up on it Nancy. Read up on it

Old 08-09-2009, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
In the numbers the United States does? No.

Read up on it Nancy. Read up on it
I am very well read. I just don't blame everything on people who have accents and look a little different than I do.

I remember when the baby from Mexico had swine flu and suddenly it was "the family was here illegally" blah, blah. Nobody seemed to care that many of the cases resulted after tourists had visited Mexico.

Another physician for health care reform.

[URL]http://www.orthosupersite.com/view.asp?rID=42174[/URL]

I keep hearing the "commentators" on Fox and Rush Limbaugh bring up all the doctors who oppose a national health care system. I can list dozens of health care provider organizations that support it.

You must be one of those who blame the deficit in CA on the illegal immigrants, even though its Republican Governor said that's a myth.

"I think it's an easy scapegoat for people to point the finger and say, 'Our budget is out of whack because of illegal immigrants.' "

Yup, always easy to point the finger and say "It's his fault I have no job" or "It's her fault I can't get good medical care." I had a neighbor who couldn't read & write and kept blaming the illegals because he had trouble getting a job.

Last edited by justNancy; 08-09-2009 at 04:33 PM.. Reason: added comment.

Old 08-09-2009, 04:59 PM

Quote:
I just don't blame everything on people who have accents and look a little different than I do. .
Nor do I.

I was not "blaming" anyone - don't be so reactionary Nancy -

I was merely pointing out something that impacts the mortality rates of babies.

Quote:
You must be one of those who blame the deficit in CA on the illegal immigrants
Nope

So please - try to get off your high horse

Old 08-09-2009, 05:04 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Quote:
Source please?

So no other country has illegal immigrants? No other country has alcoholics and drug abusers? Again, you take a few words from a very long post and put your spin on them. You didn't respond the the fact that C-sections account for at least 1/3 of births compared to 4.5% in the 1960s.
No other country has 20 million plus illegals.
I don't find it hard to believe that if even 90% of all americans opposed the bill that they would do it anyway.
Take for example that most americans did in fact oppose a pay raise for our elected reps. And yet they passed one anyway.
Most americans were against bonus payments to the CEO's of corps that took bailout money. They passed a bill that allowed for it anyway.
So no I find it very realistic to assume that they will pass a bill regardless of how we the tax payers feel about.

Old 08-09-2009, 05:09 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,903,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
these issues are just diversionary by both parties to try to obfuscate the greatest issue, which is that our country is in trouble.
Outstanding comedy, Sandy.
Those are manufactured issues by the republicans desperate to avoid discussing the actual issues, for which they had and have no solutions.

Quote:
our national debt is skyrocketing, our unemployment is skyrocketing, we have no exit strategy for 2 wars and an expansion into pakistan, the bailout has not helped the average american but made goldman sachs traders rich, cap and trade is looming on the horizon against the wishes of the people, and people are reasonably growing increasingly frustrated and insecure when faced with these facts.
Then stop watching fox. Another fox viewer admitted a moment ago he gets more scared every time he watches - but keeps watching!

The national debt will be 0.2 trillion larger this year as a result of Obama's policies. Everything you've heard about him "tripling the deficit" is false.

Quote:
the biggest fact out there is that government has stopped listening to what the people want!
No, this is not true.
They are certainly listening, both to the majority who elected our president, and the minority driven by insurance company and republican lobbyists.

What gets me is, some people don't trust government.
But they trust their insurance company.

Its all just people.
Except you ELECTED one group.

Go ahead and fight for insurance companies if you don't actually like choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections