Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 12:38 PM

41,458 posts, read 60,001,521 times

Advertisements

Why waste a recovery when it won't be useful until this time next year? Then the recovery will result in a real domination of Congress so we will be able to undue the neo con disasters once and for all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2009, 12:53 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,740,214 times
All I have is my own opinion. I don't care what a poll reveals . . . I don't care what some pundit says.

I see a man who promised a whole lot and is not producing what he said he was gonna produce. For example, for someone so against the war - I don't see him bringing our troops home. He said he would. Now he is sending more. It is starting to look like Viet Nam over there (to me) . . . and I expected Obama to do what he said he would do and bring our troops home.

Then you add up how much his policies have put us in debt. We were already in a bad debt situation. He said he was going to have the budget balanced. Well, we are even further in the hole.

So that is what I am going on. That is my opinion. The interesting thing is . . . I am hearing a lot of my friends who voted for Obama (and that includes my son) say that they made a mistake, cause what we got is NOT what we voted for. Now you all can take that and spin it anyway you want. This is a voice from the masses out here . . . and as far as I am concerned . . . there are millions of folks across the country who evidently are feeling this way. But in the end, the tale will be told when election time comes around.

Lest we forget . . . a lot of Independents and Republicans voted for Obama b/c they thought Palin was an idiot. So if the GOP blows it again w/ choosing candidates that do not represent more than just the right wing fringe of the party, folks are just not gonna vote. So someone out there better be listening or the GOP will blow it again.

Old 12-03-2009, 09:15 AM

563 posts, read 520,226 times
Another month has gone by. I have still not heard from anyone yet. I will post it again. Name one thing Obama delivered on! Just one!

Old 12-03-2009, 10:55 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,809,450 times
I think it was because of the way he ran his campaign. He really ran on hope and change, which really means nothing. People projected all sorts of things onto him Moderates are disappointed he is so liberal and liberals are disappointed he isn't liberal enough. I think the move of Independents away from the Democrats is proof of this.

Old 12-03-2009, 11:38 AM

20,184 posts, read 23,940,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Storm View Post
Another month has gone by. I have still not heard from anyone yet. I will post it again. Name one thing Obama delivered on! Just one!
He made me owe a lot more money (I think he promised that some people will owe more money, he just didn't say who... I guess he meant everyone)... increasing the government debt IS a tax increase on the middle class, the poor, EVERYONE.... thanks Obama for making me owe thousands more because you can't seem to control the spending of other people's money... your money however is a different matter, how much have you saved up Obama? Funny when it comes to OTHER people's money, liberals don't seem to have a problem...

Old 12-03-2009, 12:16 PM

79,220 posts, read 61,326,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Why waste a recovery when it won't be useful until this time next year? Then the recovery will result in a real domination of Congress so we will be able to undue the neo con disasters once and for all.
Congress has been democrat controlled for most of the past several decades. Frankly, be careful what you wish for...the dems control everything and aren't delivering on their promises. Sure you can play the Bush card and claim that it's republicans blocking your efforts but the swing voters like myself that voted FOR Obama are taking note.

Old 12-03-2009, 03:30 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,108,426 times
The unemployment rate may spike a few months from now but it will slowly and surely go down. The DOW is back up over 10000, demand is increasing, which in turn means jobs, the more money people have, the housing market will get better and so on. It's a domino effect that takes a long time. Look how long it took FDR. What about this don't some of these conservatives understand?

Old 12-03-2009, 04:52 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,227,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Is it because he want's to spend another trillion dollars?

Is he endorsing Socialst ideas, at the expense of the American taxpayer?

He is the worst President ever.

He is the worst president in history
finally some folks are waking up to what they put in office

Old 12-03-2009, 04:55 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,227,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Storm View Post

He took his wife to NY for dinner
He got the girls a dog
okay, thats two things.......

Old 12-03-2009, 07:28 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,108,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
He is the worst president in history
finally some folks are waking up to what they put in office
Drama queen much?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections