Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 11:34 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,074,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
That's quite a prediction considering he's been in office for about 200 days and has about 1200 days left. Another way to look at it: He's only about 15% through his term. He has 85% left.
It's surprisingly easy to predict the future by remembering the past. Been there, done that. Carter was all about big changes and wonderful ideas with no clue how to make it work. To succeed at anything you must first have a goal and then, and this next part is very important, a workable plan. A goal with an unworkable plan simply can't work. It's not sorcery.

To be honest, the world envisioned by both Carter and Obama sound like wonderful places. I love science fiction and fantasy novels. Some of the worlds created in these marvelous works of fiction seem like nirvana but when I close the book, it's the real world that comes crashing in on the fantasy and in this real world things just don't work that way.

The world isn't nice and it certainly isn't fair. That's not going to change. It's simply not part of human nature. It would be great if it was but you'd have to have EVERYONE on board. That's not going to happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 11:51 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,717,565 times
Joe, every President promises "a better America" and paints a vision of a "shining city on a hill" (Ronald Reagan) or a "kinder, gentler nation" (George H.W. Bush).

Another classic from Reagan: "It's morning in America." Nice words, but I think most people understand that it's all part of the political game.

Old 08-20-2009, 07:42 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,062,848 times
Quote:
Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin may still be making news headlines, but the U.S. electorate has news for her. If the 2012 presidential election were held today and she were the Republican candidate, Palin would not defeat President Barack Obama. In fact, the president would win the election by a considerable margin.

8/18: 2012 Prospects: Palin a Force in GOP But Not General Electorate : Pebbles and Pundits
Wow, that really says something about your President. He would beat Sarah Palin. BOy please try not to hold your elected officials to such high standards. Do you think Bob Barker would beat Obama?

I would like to see how Mike Bloomberg would fair Against Obama when unemployment is at 9.5% in 2012.

Old 08-20-2009, 10:04 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,879,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
No, I disagree with this! Come on Palin supporters!! Get her message out!! Tell her how much you and the country need her!!!! Tell her to talk more and more!!! The world needs her voice!!!! We'll end up commies without her!!!!!

Palin 2012!!!!

just what we don't need is more good o'le boy politics. After they look into her deeds I expect she will be tied up in the courts and too busy to run. She is an idiot and will always be that. I would think anyone would have had enough of that after 8 years of it from W.

Old 08-20-2009, 10:05 AM

5,160 posts, read 9,184,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
just what we don't need is more good o'le boy politics. After they look into her deeds I expect she will be tied up in the courts and too busy to run. She is an idiot and will always be that. I would think anyone would have had enough of that after 8 years of it from W.
She appear to be crazier than Bush actually.

Old 08-17-2010, 03:05 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,810,553 times
How much you wanna bet it'll be Clinton once again challenging Obama. Palin, oh man, no. At this point I hope there is a 2012 for the US as we know it.

Old 08-17-2010, 03:10 PM

9,897 posts, read 10,845,168 times
Quote:
She is certainly a top contender at this point.

2012 Republican Presidental Primary.htm
And that right there is what makes this whole thread just a silly bunch of fun nonsense for you haters.

Old 08-17-2010, 03:11 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,168,282 times
Polls like this actually do the GOP a favor. Don't liberals realize this?

Old 08-17-2010, 03:11 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,119,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Eh, no sane person wants to see Sarah Palin in national office.
I do, really I do. I want the right to have have another chance at running the country thoroughly into the ground so that once and for all we can rid ourselves of the delusion that they have a clue about what works and what doesn't.

Old 08-17-2010, 03:13 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,318,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
No, I disagree with this! Come on Palin supporters!! Get her message out!! Tell her how much you and the country need her!!!! Tell her to talk more and more!!! The world needs her voice!!!! We'll end up commies without her!!!!!

Palin 2012!!!!

Palin's problem is the more she talks the more you realize SHE IS NOT PRESIDENTIAL MATERIAL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections