Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Obama Supporters: will you vote for him in 2012 if the economy and unemployment is still bad?
Yes, the economy is not his fault 20 32.26%
No, he will have had four years to turn it around 34 54.84%
Maybe, if the Republican Candidate is terrible 8 12.90%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 07:00 PM

852 posts, read 1,358,744 times

Advertisements

I think it will depend on more than just the unemployment rate though it is one factor. The stock market, the state of the war, and job growth are other important factors for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 08:01 AM

429 posts, read 1,117,255 times
I don't care who it is, if they can create new jobs, bring back the ones offshored, rebuild the housing market, keep crime and illegal immigration down, and lift up the economy, then they have my vote.

Even if it was Sherri Shephard with the good ideas.....the one with the good ideas and strong plans should win in 2012. I like Obama, but unless things start to change for the better, he can go jump off a bridge for all I care.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:46 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,878,364 times
I would vote for him for a third term, if it were possible. He is the first President in many decades that actually is trying to move the U.S. forward and with it, many other countries. He may, however, be somewhat ahead of his time. There are so many narrow minded people in positions of responsibility as well as so many narrow minded people keeping them there.

Old 10-22-2009, 10:19 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,493,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainy Intellectual Type View Post
If you supported Obama in 2008, would you vote for him in 2012 if unemployment and the rest of the economy stays pretty much like it is today?
If the Republican alternative is similar to what it was in 2008--a superannuated warmonger and a provincial creationist housewife--then yes, I would vote for Obama to keep that lot out of power, and not because I had any confidence in Obama as such.

Old 10-22-2009, 10:22 AM

16,076 posts, read 28,584,831 times
Oh my, lets not give him chance, right? I mean its not been a year yet
and you want him to blink his eyes like a fairy god mother and make it go away. Be realistic for God sakes.

Quote:
If predictions are right and our unemployment rate stays above 10% well into 2013 will the Obama supporters still give him the matter of the doubt (and say that unemployment is a lagging economic indicator) and still vote for him? I wonder?

I suspect that many Obama supporters will not blame him for continuing high unemployment saying that it is still George Bush's fault or a change in our economy, technology, productivity advances, or the fault of Republicans in Congress.

If you supported Obama in 2008, would you vote for him in 2012 if unemployment and the rest of the economy stays pretty much like it is today?

Old 10-24-2009, 12:27 AM

3,071 posts, read 9,147,827 times
Quote:
If predictions are right and our unemployment rate stays above 10% well into 2013 will the Obama supporters still give him the matter of the doubt (and say that unemployment is a lagging economic indicator) and still vote for him? I wonder?

I suspect that many Obama supporters will not blame him for continuing high unemployment saying that it is still George Bush's fault or a change in our economy, technology, productivity advances, or the fault of Republicans in Congress.

Facts are the US lost 700,000 jobs per month in the year leading up to BUSH leaving....Guess you think thats Obamas fault... wrong .

Old 10-24-2009, 12:38 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,535,085 times
People always vote their pocketbook. By 2012 so many people will be off work for so long a time they won't have any other choice than to vote him out.

He will be a lame duck president by 2010 when the Dems are voted out. He is too far left of center to stay around for very long.

Old 10-24-2009, 12:40 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,535,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
Facts are the US lost 700,000 jobs per month in the year leading up to BUSH leaving....Guess you think thats Obamas fault... wrong .

Fault, smault. Who cares if it started with Bush, if Obama does not turn it around (which he was elected to do) then he is out of there.

Old 10-24-2009, 11:07 AM

737 posts, read 1,178,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Fault, smault. Who cares if it started with Bush, if Obama does not turn it around (which he was elected to do) then he is out of there.
I care where it starts. If my house catches fire I'm not going to blame the firemen who work to put out the fire

Old 10-24-2009, 02:31 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,955,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I would vote for him for a third term, if it were possible. He is the first President in many decades that actually is trying to move the U.S. forward and with it, many other countries. He may, however, be somewhat ahead of his time. There are so many narrow minded people in positions of responsibility as well as so many narrow minded people keeping them there.
It's posts just like this.......
that makes many on the right think you believe he's your king or your god,
and then fiercely deny that you do not worship or idolize him to the least extent.
How many terms in office do you feel is too much?
How would you feel if a Pub. sat in the Oval office for 3 terms or longer, perhaps?
Maybe "his idea" of just how we "move forward with many other countries" never has and never will have the support he desires.
What if.....MILLIONS of Americans who once supported him........no longer did?
What if his idea of moving US forward, actually moves the country BACKward?

Your right......there ARE narrowminded people in positions of responsibility.
The one thing you said, that sadly, I have to agree with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections