Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 04:58 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,647,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
And I was just getting ready to start a Draft "Jeb Bush" campaign!
I'm in!

I'm literally starving for some class and intelligence in the WH.

Old 06-03-2014, 03:30 PM

741 posts, read 762,740 times
If Hillary runs she wins ... and she'll be two-term'er. The nation went ga-ga over the first white President with obvious African roots, and it'll go ga-ga over the first female President. Two firsts, back-to-back. It's a slam-dunk, IMO.

Old 06-03-2014, 06:14 PM

29,198 posts, read 22,281,980 times
There's an old saying: Democrats fall in love and Republicans fall in line.
The Democrats very seldom nominate the runner-up then next time around , and the Republicans almost always do.

If Clinton decides to run, the situation will reverse for the first time in many elections. Hillary is such a runaway fave in the early polls that it's becoming hard to imagine she won't run, and if she does, I think she would swamp any challenger.

For the first time in decades, there is no Republican runner-up this time. Romney won't run again, and the nomination is wide open, with no clear overwhelming favorite as yet.

If the Republicans develop a solid favorite before 2016, I think their nominee could set the course for 2020 and possibly longer. But if no clear favorite emerges, I expect the election to be a replay of 2012.

Except for the hung money dump of 2012. The Republicans spent an enormous amount of money, and got very little return. Over $100 million went to their professional campaign advisors and high staff alone, while the Democratic campaign paid only $6 million to their professionals. I doubt this will happen again.

Old 10-08-2014, 07:42 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,874,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
There's an old saying: Democrats fall in love and Republicans fall in line.
The Democrats very seldom nominate the runner-up then next time around , and the Republicans almost always do.

If Clinton decides to run, the situation will reverse for the first time in many elections. Hillary is such a runaway fave in the early polls that it's becoming hard to imagine she won't run, and if she does, I think she would swamp any challenger.

For the first time in decades, there is no Republican runner-up this time. Romney won't run again, and the nomination is wide open, with no clear overwhelming favorite as yet.

If the Republicans develop a solid favorite before 2016, I think their nominee could set the course for 2020 and possibly longer. But if no clear favorite emerges, I expect the election to be a replay of 2012.

Except for the hung money dump of 2012. The Republicans spent an enormous amount of money, and got very little return. Over $100 million went to their professional campaign advisors and high staff alone, while the Democratic campaign paid only $6 million to their professionals. I doubt this will happen again.

If anyone votes for Hillary they may as well sign a death warrant for a loved one.

BENGAHZI cannot be forgotten and the witch holds hands with BHO when they pray to whatever dark demon which put them in their current positions. BENGHAZI is enough to jail both for treason.
The best part?? Mindless boobs will keep voting them into office.

Why is the qustion I want to ask.

Old 10-08-2014, 10:13 PM

29,198 posts, read 22,281,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Stepping over the cups of coffee.....Why wasn't BHO mentioned in the mix? if you want to talk about F up presidents you got a prime one in the hot seat at present.

If Hillary gets the D candidacy one thing is certain...that party has manure for brains.

At that point the public should refrain from voting as a social experiment just to see how large of a margin the electoral college puts her in by.
Because it's highly probable there will be no Obama dynasty. That's the subject here.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:47 PM

13,562 posts, read 10,323,493 times
Quote:
If anyone votes for Hillary they may as well sign a death warrant for a loved one.

BENGAHZI cannot be forgotten and the witch holds hands with BHO when they pray to whatever dark demon which put them in their current positions. BENGHAZI is enough to jail both for treason.

That is wishful thinking on your part. Issa and all the others have been trumpeting Benghazi and has come up with goose eggs, or shall I say, egg on their faces.

As much as you despise HRC, you gotta remember, she has been in public life for a few decades and seen all the political skullduggery thrown at her and Bill (like the Arkansas Project) and survived it. Issa is and was an amateur compared with the Scaife-funded scandal-mongering machine.

Old 10-10-2014, 11:01 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,909,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
Yes, let's stop it now!
If Clinton is the dems nomination we can all help stop this by voting for whomever oposes her. Sounds like a plan to me!
Sounds like a ignorant plan to me. That is how you got Obama. How about look at both candidates and decide which is better for the Nation or depending on who the GOP runs, who is the lesser evil. If Jeb ran then what would you do, it would Bush verses Clinton, would your head implode?

Old 10-10-2014, 11:05 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,909,948 times
Quote:

Wow, talking about nonsense, you do seem on a roll these days, unfortunately it is straight down hill, stop with the wild accusations, they might work at work or at home, on here people do not fall for rhetoric. BTW: Mindless Boobs are the ones that vote based on what letter is behind a candidates name, does not matter which Party it is, Armory
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.