Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 01:12 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,273,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
It got him elected. That's the point. lol
he won, but can he repeat, that is the question?

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 01:45 PM

97 posts, read 111,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Stealing from taxpayers to watch hubby dogsled. Firing a police officer out of vengence. Quitting her post. Supporting indefinite "war" in Afghanistan (like Obama)
Oh come on now, all of those things are conservative things just as much as they are liberal. Corruption has no ideology. You can't kick someone out of your ideology just because they're corrupt. There is corruption in both parties and across the political spectrum. There are a couple politicians here and there that aren't corrupt, and they exist on both sides of the aisle.

Old 02-03-2010, 02:07 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,342,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonymd View Post
Oh come on now, all of those things are conservative things just as much as they are liberal. Corruption has no ideology. You can't kick someone out of your ideology just because they're corrupt. There is corruption in both parties and across the political spectrum. There are a couple politicians here and there that aren't corrupt, and they exist on both sides of the aisle.
TRUE fiscal conservatives do not steal from their citizens for their personal benefit.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:18 AM

26,337 posts, read 49,345,742 times
Rand Paul seems a decent pick. What I deduce from Palin's endorsement is that she is firmly at odds with the GOP (which has divorced itself of her) and thus she won't endorse the party's (and McConnell's) fair-haired boy.

Sadly, Palin's endorsement can be seen as a kiss of death, as when whack job Pat Robertson endorsed Rudy Guiliani in 2008; Rudy went straight down the tubes as soon as that happened.

Palin is also reaching and grasping for publicity and relevance, which helps her sell her flaky book and support her role on FOX "News." Palin would love to crown herself Queen of the Tea Party, i.e., anti-GOP-establishment.

I'd strongly favor Rand Paul over any other "GOP" candidate, whatever being in the GOP means these days. He inspires hope for a return to fiscal sanity instead of a social agenda based on hating gays and abortion.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 02-04-2010, 08:04 PM

59,555 posts, read 27,740,275 times
Quote:
Stealing from taxpayers to watch hubby dogsled. Firing a police officer out of vengence. Quitting her post. Supporting indefinite "war" in Afghanistan (like Obama)
You need to quit drinking the Kool Aid.

Old 02-04-2010, 08:43 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,342,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
You need to quit drinking the Kool Aid.
So she didn't do these things?

Sarah Palin = RINO.

Old 02-05-2010, 12:24 AM

2,553 posts, read 2,443,692 times
Quote:
The corrupt RINO endorses a real republican...will the voters care?

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin endorses Rand Paul, says he wants to 'shake up' Washington - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/wire/sns-ap-us-palin-ky-senate-race,0,6228585.story - broken link)
I don't see Palin's endorsement as a reason for Paul to lose votes from Kentucky residents that would have otherwise picked him. For those that like Palin and vote for Paul, it will only be helping their decision to vote for him and for any one else that votes for him (and doesn't like her or doesn't care about her one way or the other), her endorsement will have mean nothing to them. The only voters it will influence that don't vote for him, are the one's that don't like Palin and won't be voting for Paul any way....for them it will just help support their reasons for not voting for him. In other words, the only voters that will care are the ones that won't be voting for him any way.

Old 02-05-2010, 03:31 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,832,230 times
Quote:
The corrupt RINO endorses a real republican...will the voters care?

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin endorses Rand Paul, says he wants to 'shake up' Washington - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/wire/sns-ap-us-palin-ky-senate-race,0,6228585.story - broken link)
I think you got it wrong, a corrupt neo endorses a libertarian. Neither are real republicans or conservative. I do agree she's done him no favor.

Old 02-05-2010, 03:37 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,832,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
hussein obama also had a big following as did Mao and Che. Thing is hussein obama looks up to those mass murdering maniacs.

I don't think you will find any admiration of Jim Jones from Palin.
No smear campaigns coming from obama or hillary. No pied piper of hatred on the D side. That came from your side, but thanks for the confession.

Old 02-05-2010, 04:40 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,965,682 times
i am one conservative who is somewhat disillusioned with sarah palin. i like that she was a fiscally conservative governor, but she is losing me with her endorsement of mccain. mccain has been in congress enough years to help get our country on the right track, but he has not gotten it right. we need to get rid of the "old guard" and that means "throwing the bums out".

rand paul is a good choice for actual change in this country and he would certainly get my vote if i lived in his state. you can't control who endorses you and it doesn't really make a difference to the voters. obama won the presidential election, but the candidates he endorsed have all lost their respective elections anyhow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections