Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 05:53 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,859,471 times

Advertisements

If Palin is a RINO and not a Republican, then what is she and who does she represent?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2010, 12:06 PM

26,241 posts, read 49,134,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
If Palin is a RINO and not a Republican, then what is she and who does she represent?
what is she?
An opportunist. A carpetbagger. A know-nothing. A person the main GOP has shunned; too stupid for the GOP, too uncontrollable, not to mention that she's a female in the party of good old boys. By speaking at the current Tea Party "Convention" Palin casts herself as the enemy in the ranks of the GOP.

who does she represent?
The same unknown entities who stay in the shadows and push brain-dead facades like G. W. Bush; candidates not able to think or lead, candidates who will do as they're told. One of Palin's closest handlers is an Anchorage-based operative for the Alliance Defense Fund, a little-known group of lawyers in AZ who are funded by James Dobson, Pat Robertson, et al, and whose mission is to insert fundie doctrine into public laws at all levels in all states. If she gets a chance, sex ed in this country will consist ONLY of "abstinence," a road we've been down before with this ditz. Palin will do as she's told by the ADF.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 02-05-2010, 12:31 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,859,471 times
Thanks Mike. I agree with you except there has to be some serious support from the financial side as well.

Old 02-06-2010, 06:36 AM

37,971 posts, read 17,913,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
By speaking at the current Tea Party "Convention" Palin casts herself as the enemy in the ranks of the GOP.
Granted she should have been speaking at CPAC imo, but needed the money. Why would she be the enemy of the Republican Party? Isn't the Tea Party closer to the old school Republican ways?

I don't really know for sure exactly what she represents since I didn't follow her until she became a VP candidate. During the campaign she "issued up" with McCain to show solidarity. I remember Cheney saying his job was to support the President and his differences with Dubya are not going to be an issue. I don't like Cheney but I agree with what he said about this.

Quote:
If she gets a chance, sex ed in this country will consist ONLY of "abstinence," a road we've been down before with this ditz.
wtf is the government trying to do? Teach our kids about pre marital sex? lmao like government is moral.
Just teach the names of the organs and the scientific stuff and leave the other stuff to the parents where it belongs.

Old 02-06-2010, 08:33 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,006,428 times
According to Rasmussen, he is ahead in the polls. Did that surge come after the Palin endorsement?

RealClearPolitics - Latest Election Polls

Quote:
If she gets a chance, sex ed in this country will consist ONLY of "abstinence," a road we've been down before with this ditz.
And you'd be wrong once again. Palin has stated many times she approves of contraception.

Old 02-06-2010, 07:07 PM

918 posts, read 818,141 times
Default Summers73

To answer your question regarding Obama, where you asked...

Quote:
How's that going from him?
I'd have to say...Pretty well. It got him into the White House!

I'm against Palin as I cannot believe that after all that went on with McCain and in their failed run in 2008, that she's now jumped on to his RINO bandwagon. Extremely poor judgement. Unfortunately for we conservatives, she still has broad support, but I wouldn't vote for her.

Old 02-07-2010, 12:07 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,965,351 times
Quote:
what is she?
An opportunist. A carpetbagger. A know-nothing.
Great post, Mike. What puzzles me is that she was paid $100,000 to speak at the "Tea Party" and she had a hard time getting through 4 years of college. People are cheering on a woman who didn't even finish her first term as Governor of Alaska, a state with a population of under 700,000.

In Dec I rented a room from a woman who loved Palin and thought she was brilliant. She felt the same about Glenn Beck. Yet she'd say "You know Obama can't say anything without a teleprompter. He's an idiot." It doesn't matter that he graduated from Columbia and Harvard Law, people like this woman really believe Obama doesn't know how many states are in this country. She watched FOX all the time and that's all the "news" she heard. Maybe that's why Fox only showed 4 minutes of the 90 minute televised Q&A period with the Republicans last week. After all, since Obama went toe to toe with some of his strongest critics for an hour and a half unscripted it would make Palin's comment yesterday about "a charismatic guy with a teleprompter" sound childish & petty.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that Palin doesn't scare me, it's the political ignorance in this country that cheers on Palin while she speaks without substance and can't answer simple questions on the issues. She used the exact same 3 words she said to Katie Couric about what newspapers she reads when answering Glenn Beck's question about the Founding Fathers. Couric: "What newspapers do you read?" Palin: "Um, all of them." Beck: Who is your favorite founding father?" Palin: "Um, all of them."

Fox will air Palin's Tea Party speech, but dissed the President. That pretty much tells me the people they're catering to are the factually challenged.

Edit: Sorry, "Um, all of them" = 4 words. [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKKKgua7wQk"]
[/URL]

Last edited by justNancy; 02-07-2010 at 12:34 AM..

Old 02-07-2010, 12:08 AM

61,286 posts, read 87,521,965 times
palin is a trojan virus and the hard right has been very slow to figure this out.

Old 02-07-2010, 03:09 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,187,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
The corrupt RINO endorses a real republican...will the voters care?

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin endorses Rand Paul, says he wants to 'shake up' Washington - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/wire/sns-ap-us-palin-ky-senate-race,0,6228585.story - broken link)

I wouldn't say he is a "real Republican" at all. His position on quite a few things is troubling to most Republicans and I really don't know why Palin is even endorsing him.

Old 02-07-2010, 03:12 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,187,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Great post, Mike. What puzzles me is that she was paid $100,000 to speak at the "Tea Party" and she had a hard time getting through 4 years of college. People are cheering on a woman who didn't even finish her first term as Governor of Alaska, a state with a population of under 700,000.

In Dec I rented a room from a woman who loved Palin and thought she was brilliant. She felt the same about Glenn Beck. Yet she'd say "You know Obama can't say anything without a teleprompter. He's an idiot." It doesn't matter that he graduated from Columbia and Harvard Law, people like this woman really believe Obama doesn't know how many states are in this country. She watched FOX all the time and that's all the "news" she heard. Maybe that's why Fox only showed 4 minutes of the 90 minute televised Q&A period with the Republicans last week. After all, since Obama went toe to toe with some of his strongest critics for an hour and a half unscripted it would make Palin's comment yesterday about "a charismatic guy with a teleprompter" sound childish & petty.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that Palin doesn't scare me, it's the political ignorance in this country that cheers on Palin while she speaks without substance and can't answer simple questions on the issues. She used the exact same 3 words she said to Katie Couric about what newspapers she reads when answering Glenn Beck's question about the Founding Fathers. Couric: "What newspapers do you read?" Palin: "Um, all of them." Beck: Who is your favorite founding father?" Palin: "Um, all of them."

Fox will air Palin's Tea Party speech, but dissed the President. That pretty much tells me the people they're catering to are the factually challenged.

Edit: Sorry, "Um, all of them" = 4 words.

Sort of falls in the same category of not knowing how many states there are, doesn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections