Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 01:07 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,262,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadScribe View Post
I doubt the libs really give a hoot that you're on the brink of supporting her. Keep paying attention to what she is saying and if you like it, go join her ranks. Just remember this- Palin works for money, not people. If you forget that fact, you're likely to be gosh darned disappointed somewhere down the yellow brick road there
Hey, I am the one who keeps saying "she will not even run" that was the thought on Chis Matthews last night as well. My point, simply, the libs are doing more harm than good and I can't for the life of me understand why the libs seem to be so fascinated by her. What I or any other Republican thinks isn't as important as what the independents think and they are sick of the democrats...........

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2010, 05:58 PM

2,125 posts, read 2,388,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Hey, I am the one who keeps saying "she will not even run" that was the thought on Chis Matthews last night as well. My point, simply, the libs are doing more harm than good and I can't for the life of me understand why the libs seem to be so fascinated by her. What I or any other Republican thinks isn't as important as what the independents think and they are sick of the democrats...........

Nita
Yes, the libs are fascinated with her and a lot of it is also a sort of negative fascination of the fact that part of the population supports and rallies for her. I think a lot of people just simply don't get it. And if she were haggard looking, it's really doubtful she'd have the blood boiling following she does now.

Hey, its not only the libs to blame for negative fascination. It appears many conservatives would sometimes rather watch the country sink than to actually support ANYTHING the pres proposes, says or does. It's really like they're just extremely hungry for him to fail. The squabbling from all sides may eventually be a huge part to blame if the country goes towards Idiocracy, which I just REALLY, really hope does not happen.

Old 02-15-2010, 07:47 PM

3,763 posts, read 8,786,050 times
Quote:
you know to all those Palin haters out there, or better known as libs, do you realize all your criticisms of her are helping her, not hurting. If you would just let it drop, she might as well. Instead you take everything she is saying or doing and bring in to the attention of the country, blasting her in everyway possible, from her endorsement of candidates, to her intelligence to her personal life and everything inbetween. What you will succeed is pushing those on the fence into defending her by supporting her. I happen to be one of those that is about to be pushed. I am so sick and tired of the negativism that I am paying more attention to what she is saying and like some of what I hear..I am not alone..So, keep it up and see what happens in a couple of years..
Nita
Anyone who let's others push him or her to a candidate via negativity has a personal issue for which one should take individual responsibility, not blame it on "haters."

Sarah Palin left our state in a mess that others are now trying to clean up. I have absolutely no respect for her at all.

She plasters herself and her children on the covers of magazines with her interviews with People; In Touch; and whatever other tabloids to bring attention unto herself and her family.

She did all she could to bring hate into the campaign speeches; in fact, she still spits venom in her speeches. If there is a poster child for the party of no, it is Sarah Palin. All she does is sling mud.

If there are Palin haters it is because one gets what one gives forth.

Old 02-18-2010, 09:33 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,209,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhugo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7
I wouldn't say he is a "real Republican" at all. His position on quite a few things is troubling to most Republicans and I really don't know why Palin is even endorsing him.

He's the original RINO. Or as I doffed him when he was first forging his many "Groups of...", The Capitulator by Compromise. He's a long time phony all the way back to Nam and before and the evidence is out there for anyone to dig up.

Palin is a populist with broad appeal to disenchanted dems; indies; conventional Repubs and some conservative Repubs. For me, she's a bit of a lightweight intellectually, but that's a personal issue and has naught to do with her acceptance. If she can keep garnering broad-based support and keep the media and left clawing after her then her broad-based appeal will get greater. She's riding the crest now of the groundswell of anger that middle America sees as they perceive the sort of bullying, piling on against her. One has only to witness all the left-side comments of total deprecation here as a sampling. These fools fail to realize that they are enabling her ever-increasing popularity by their collective animose, so I say....keep on keepin' on...HA! These people won't recognize the many new faces in the next congress, but will have jaws dropping recognizing the many old power-brokers that no longer are around after November. It may even have Chris Matthews brownin' his bloomers in additon to getting that renewed damp feeling up his leg.

I'd rather see someone else step forward, so she could be the second banana on the 2012 ticket, but time will tell. This realignment with McCain though is sheer madness. She's openly for more conservative traditional values and is now hooked to THE GUY with NO principles who will compromise with anyone on anything if it's politically expedient seeking to make the Republican Party the new official RINO Party. He and his protege Linseed Oily Graham are up front and putting on a good 'conservative-like' show now against Obama, but the Oba-meister knows that when push really comes to shove, that he can get those two jokers in a quiet room and come out smilin' for a joint press conference afterwards with ALL smiling faces and they capitulate in compromise to him. That may well be why they keep hangin' on to ObaCare so stubbornly and tenuously. Do not think he's not workin' the McCain 'angle' on that.

After all it was he and Little Georgie-boy Bush who sold the party down the river and created the rift that now will never heal. Strangely enough, despite that...the demonRATs will be out in November and Obama will be a mid-term humiliated Lame Duck. Such a fitting end for the ego that never ends!

lol...you made me smile with this and I agree with most of it.

Old 03-01-2010, 02:57 PM

418 posts, read 489,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
what is she?
An opportunist. A carpetbagger. A know-nothing. A person the main GOP has shunned; too stupid for the GOP, too uncontrollable, not to mention that she's a female in the party of good old boys. By speaking at the current Tea Party "Convention" Palin casts herself as the enemy in the ranks of the GOP.

who does she represent?
The same unknown entities who stay in the shadows and push brain-dead facades like G. W. Bush; candidates not able to think or lead, candidates who will do as they're told. One of Palin's closest handlers is an Anchorage-based operative for the Alliance Defense Fund, a little-known group of lawyers in AZ who are funded by James Dobson, Pat Robertson, et al, and whose mission is to insert fundie doctrine into public laws at all levels in all states. If she gets a chance, sex ed in this country will consist ONLY of "abstinence," a road we've been down before with this ditz. Palin will do as she's told by the ADF.
You summed that up nicely. She's a puppet and has no ideology of her own, hence the irrational rambling during news interviews.

Rand, like his father, is well educated and clearly understands the issues.

Old 03-01-2010, 03:26 PM

418 posts, read 489,228 times
Quote:
you know to all those Palin haters out there, or better known as libs, do you realize all your criticisms of her are helping her, not hurting. If you would just let it drop, she might as well. Instead you take everything she is saying or doing and bring in to the attention of the country, blasting her in everyway possible, from her endorsement of candidates, to her intelligence to her personal life and everything inbetween. What you will succeed is pushing those on the fence into defending her by supporting her. I happen to be one of those that is about to be pushed. I am so sick and tired of the negativism that I am paying more attention to what she is saying and like some of what I hear..I am not alone..So, keep it up and see what happens in a couple of years..

Nita
Are you familiar with the libertarian branch of conservatism? What do you think of Barry Goldwater? Most consider that TRUE conservatism, while Palin just sounds like a neocon. We've already had plenty of those and they have driven our country into the ground for several decades.

Her foreign policy is all big government (military industrial complex) and a continuation of post WWII imperialism. I've yet to hear her even address the underlying failed philosophy of Keynesian economics and how that has ravidged the value of our dollar. She has yet to mention how managed trade agreements sent all our jobs overseas. She's an intellectual midget that spews neocon talking points.

Where do you stand on any of these issues? With Iceland already defaulting and the PIIGS heading in the same direction, it's clear that we will be short to follow, how has she addressed any of this or for that matter anything of real importance?!?!?!??

Old 03-08-2010, 02:22 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,079,608 times
KY Sen Poll: Paul, Mongiardo Lead Primary*Races - Real Clear Politics – TIME.com

Maybe "kiss of victory"?

Quote:
Paul 42
Grayson 27
Und 19

Old 05-18-2010, 07:41 PM

Kiss of victory you mean.

Old 05-19-2010, 05:06 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,262,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Kiss of victory you mean.
You beat me to it!!!!

Old 05-19-2010, 05:16 AM

Sorry. Just had to go back for this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections