Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Bobby Jindal would make a good candidate for 2012 GOP ticket?
I usually vote republican and think Jindal would be great! 7 18.92%
I usually vote republican and would rather see somebody else 6 16.22%
I usually vote democrat and think Jindal would be great! 4 10.81%
I usually vote democrat and would rather see somebody else 5 13.51%
I am an independent or other and think Jindal would be great! 4 10.81%
I am an independent or other and would rather see somebody else 11 29.73%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 01:24 PM

90,296 posts, read 121,027,789 times

Advertisements

Well, I can't find anything on Google right now, but I've always heard that. Then we have Clinton, and Carter as examples. Some people think Reagan was the greatest pres of all time, but I don't agree. Most presidents have been senators, VPs, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2010, 10:23 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,194,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Katiana, where did you hear it said, Governors don't make good Presidents? Normally, I think people have the opposite belief. members of the house, don't have executive experience as we are seeing, so they often are thought as by many as not being good Presidentual materials, but not governors.

Nita

Governors are thought to make the best Presidents because of having experience already running something and running a state is somewhat similar administratively to running the country.

Old 02-20-2010, 10:42 PM

90,296 posts, read 121,027,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Governors are thought to make the best Presidents because of having experience already running something and running a state is somewhat similar administratively to running the country.
However, many, if not most, have no federal experience. Whipping the Arkansas statehouse in line is much different than dealing with congress, for example.

Old 02-21-2010, 06:07 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,194,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
However, many, if not most, have no federal experience. Whipping the Arkansas statehouse in line is much different than dealing with congress, for example.

It still offers more management experience than just sitting in Congress does. No one is saying that is a must to be a good president, just that it helps.

Old 02-21-2010, 10:18 PM

411 posts, read 469,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
I'm reading his biography and accomplishments in office and am impressed. He seems like a pretty down to earth, normal guy, something that would be very refreshing these days. A few people I know who currently live in Louisiana have told me that Jindal has done quite a bit to clean up the state's corruption issues, and is actively working to correct the state's education, and healthcare systems.

Anyone else here from LA care to chime in on Jindal? I'm interested to hear what people have to say. The man seems pretty intelligent
Is this the clown that stared blindly at the tv when he was suppoused
to have a comment after a speech???? so, who's going to be the vice-president?? Retard Palin, LOL......

Old 02-21-2010, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
Let's start a BIRTHER thread on him.

Right on brother!!!!!!!

Old 02-22-2010, 05:38 AM

77,771 posts, read 105,032,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
exactly, this has been the opinions of many for years. Senators are a different branch and are not always considered leaders.

Nita

Old 02-23-2010, 04:38 PM

10,264 posts, read 15,992,075 times
He would be my top choice. He has done great things for Louisiana and reflects the values of Louisiana and America. He does not make his race matter the way Obama does. I agree with his social AND fiscal policies and he was impressive in his rebuttal of Barack Obama and the liberals' lies after the state of the union.

If not Jindal, then Michael Steele from my home state of Maryland who is doing a fine job as the GOP chairman. I think either one should choose Sarah Palin as the VP again.....as much as I love Sarah she truly does not enough experience to be President but with 4-8 years as VP that will give her the experience she needs to then run for office. 8 years of JIndal/Steele and 8 more of Palin would be a good thought and perhaps defeat the liberal clowns for good.

Old 02-23-2010, 06:40 PM

[quote=Tom Lennox 70;13027657]He would be my top choice. He has done great things for Louisiana and reflects the values of Louisiana and America. He does not make his race matter the way Obama does. I agree with his social AND fiscal policies and he was impressive in his rebuttal of Barack Obama and the liberals' lies after the state of the union.

Impressive??????, ha,ha,ha,ha,........, my 11 y/o son would have done much better...

Old 02-23-2010, 07:18 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,421,927 times
If Jindal is the GOP candidate\ nominee for president\ vice president the Republicans will lose again. Just look at him! Jindal is a pencil-neck joke that makes people want to laugh at him. I think the Republicans will need to find a more photogenic person like Palin [who is hot even though she is nuts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections