Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 07:49 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,779,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadScribe View Post
Don't mess with Texas. Hmm, almost sounds like an invite.
Actually that was a campaign against littering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2010, 07:52 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,779,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadScribe View Post
I will admit I am not well informed on the subject of this thread. But I have lived in about 10 states in my life and there seems to be a general stigma with Texas that many, many Texans are fanatically right wing, close minded and religious right crazies. An unfounded stereotype? What is it?
And yet the libs from California flocked to Texas when their state went belly up. But they confine themselves to the big cities which they are turning into mini-Californias.

I guess they are afraid to venture outside the city limits in fear of what they might find !!!

Heck..Texas is nothing more than typical bible belt country full of conservative folks who believe in God and go to church on Sunday.
Used to be like that across much of America once upon a time. We still have some "dry" counties which is a shocker to some new transplants.

Old 04-19-2010, 01:56 PM

37,848 posts, read 41,209,489 times
Don't you have a sonogram normally before an abortion? How does the doctor determine how many weeks along you are? If yes, the taxpayers aren't paying for an extra one, the only difference is that it's being shown to the mother.

Old 04-19-2010, 02:29 PM

504 posts, read 458,409 times
Cool Right Wing RINGMASTERS

No they havent taken over, But they have quite the grip on the minds of the prejudiced knuckledraggers who's common sense and public education has failed them miserably.

Most of em if they actually UNDERSTOOD what was going on would put a bullet between the eyes of the like of Bachman, Palin and Beck. But alas these folks are just ignorant. Forgive them Father!!!

Hopefully a Palin/BachmanTicket wins in 2012 to give this blood thirsty mob exactly what it deserves.

Old 04-20-2010, 11:42 PM

27,409 posts, read 15,525,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Ballot Proposition #4: Public Acknowledgement of God The use of the word "God", prayers, and the Ten Commandments should be allowed at public gatherings and public educational institutions, as well as be permitted on government buildings and property. (Propuesta Electoral #4: Reconocimiento Público de Dios) (El uso de la palabra "Dios", las oraciones, y los Diez Mandamientos deberían ser permitidos en reuniones públicas y dentro de Instituciones Públicas de Educación así como ser permitidos en edificios y terrenos gubernamentales.)
o YES (SI) o NO (NO)

Ballot Proposition #5: Sonograms The Texas Legislature should enact legislation requiring a sonogram to be performed and shown to each mother about to undergo a medically unnecessary, elective abortion. (Propuesta Electoral #5: Sonogramas) (La Legislatura de Texas debería aprobar legislación que requiriese que se tomase y mostrase un sonograma a cada madre que esté a punto de someterse a un aborto no indicado medicamente, de naturaleza opcional.)

Unbelievable! I can't believe that I'm seeing these up for a vote in a Primary (Republican, Bexar Cty). this is not a theocracy that we live in. honestly, we sometimes are no better than iran. Even if the right wingers do vote "YES" on these, do they have any legal standing? They do not appear in the Democratic Primary ballot at all. Are they just for show or will they re-appear on the General ballot?

Is there any "legal standing" to use my money against my convictions to finance abortions against my will.
How dare the Demons in D.C. think they can pull this crap.
Don't pull me into this massacre.

What's with the villification?

If the items were 180 degrees the other way woud these things be worshiped by the "anything goes" crowd?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections