Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 09:11 AM

77,771 posts, read 105,072,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
He will be a Democrat candidate in 2016.
why are you thinking that?

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2010, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I thnik he would amke a great candidate to get rid of teh chicago gang in wasahington now. Its about time for anoher i the line of ex-general militray candidates.
texdav, too many glasses of wine last night? I am the one that can't spell and I am the one with typos, not usually you.

Nita

Old 03-21-2010, 10:52 AM

3,555 posts, read 7,864,837 times
Any chance he had of getting the Republican nomination went up in smoke when he came out in favor of allowing gays to serve openly. Maybe that's why McCain and others were cutting him off from his prepared remarks.

Also I'm pretty sure he was in the chain of command that continued to violate the Army's own policy in the coverup of the Pat Tillman killing (almost certainly-.9999 probability) by a man in his own company.

Old 03-21-2010, 01:10 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,360,630 times
I have no interest in Petraeus and I don't see any groundswell of enthusiasm for the man.

There are too many other up-and-coming GOP'ers I'd like to see step up. Check out this clip of Paul Ryan. I like the way he handles that old fool Sander Levin and especially Louise Slaughter. (this is not to hijack thread to healthcare, this young man is the party's future and I like the way he handles the pressure)

Hot Air » Blog Archive » Video: Ryan vs Slaughter on Medicare reform

Old 03-21-2010, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
Any chance he had of getting the Republican nomination went up in smoke when he came out in favor of allowing gays to serve openly. Maybe that's why McCain and others were cutting him off from his prepared remarks.

Also I'm pretty sure he was in the chain of command that continued to violate the Army's own policy in the coverup of the Pat Tillman killing (almost certainly-.9999 probability) by a man in his own company.
dont' be so sure the gay issue will play a part either way....

Nita

Old 03-22-2010, 05:09 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,436,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I thnik he would amke a great candidate to get rid of teh chicago gang in wasahington now. Its about time for anoher i the line of ex-general militray candidates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
texdav, too many glasses of wine last night? I am the one that can't spell and I am the one with typos, not usually you.

Nita
I think it's time for hooked on phonics. One can never understand a word he writes. Might as well write in morse code.

Either that, or get a new keyboard.

Old 03-22-2010, 06:04 AM

37,819 posts, read 41,130,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatermelonRat View Post
Has he even confirmed whether he's a conservative? I don't understand why Republicans are putting such high hopes on the guy. He's obviously a great military leader, but does he have any political experience, or even given any hints to his political positions?
There's no falling on the floor laughing icon or I would use it but considering you elected a person for president with the slimmest of slim resume for leadership, you have to be kidding me. A senior class president with his own lemonade stand had more leadership/managerial experience than Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections