Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Sarah Palin be the Republican candidate in 2012?
Yes she will 5 7.14%
No She will not 65 92.86%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 08:07 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,384,030 times

Advertisements

I think Sarah herself might know that she's eliminated herself for the runnings, based on what she did with her last political position.

The main reason why it might not be attractive for her to run is that she'll make more $ in the political celebrity circuit. Her "rogue" status will take a beating if she seeks presidency. It just doesn't fit in this day and age. The global community will not be favorable about that candidate either and while it is Americans who vote, the USA IS part of the global community and having a leader with the skills to communicate with the rest of the nations and not promote domestic uproar is kind of important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2010, 10:36 PM

9 posts, read 6,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
No. I doubt it. Republicans are generally stupid but not that stupid as to put Palin out there for 2012.

I'm not sure about that, to my amazement, I've heard the moronic voices of the right wing leadership: Limbaugh, Hannity, Ann Coulter, Beck, O'Reily etc. praising this Palin airhead, GOP is the "NO" party, after 8 years of the worst administration in history, they decided that their best bet is to not
work at all with the democratic majority, and oppose everything that comes, I think the GOP is doomed for many years.........

Old 05-14-2010, 10:10 PM

6 posts, read 8,642 times
To much ego and still a lot of space to cover.

Old 05-15-2010, 07:07 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,920,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Give it a rest. We all know why she quit, and her reasons were all valid, and well thought out. But what is the point of rehashing all that with leftists?

She didn't "quit". She did leave the governorship. There is a difference.

Quiting is walking away from a fight; giving up. She has done neither. She is fighting liberals harder than ever, and they are apparently taking notice; because people like you won't stop talking about her. That's a good indication that she is making a difference. She has you people scared to death. Right?
If it was a liberal in her same situation, I'm sure you'd be saying the opposite.

Old 05-15-2010, 08:28 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,556,593 times
I sure hope that they have someone better than her or else they are in real trouble.

Don't think she would be interested as she is making to much money and we certainly don't want to see her do another interview, do we?

Old 05-17-2010, 10:27 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,650,316 times
Sincerely doubt Palin will be in the running, could be appeased with a cabinet position. Romney/Jindal ticket may be in play for 2012. He is RINO, Jindal more conservative, so will catch most of the GOP and right wings. The far right may have no other option available, if they want this present Marxist out of office.

Old 05-17-2010, 12:52 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,875,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Sincerely doubt Palin will be in the running, could be appeased with a cabinet position. Romney/Jindal ticket may be in play for 2012. He is RINO, Jindal more conservative, so will catch most of the GOP and right wings. The far right may have no other option available, if they want this present Marxist out of office.
I am afraid if that were the ticket the Republicans would lose for sure, maybe big time. I love Jindal but I don't think Romney can pull off the nomination much yet win. He is a RINO, is seen as a loser after 2008, (hard to come back from something like that) and just doesn't have a personality to attract those undecided.

Nita

Old 05-17-2010, 01:47 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,650,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I am afraid if that were the ticket the Republicans would lose for sure, maybe big time. I love Jindal but I don't think Romney can pull off the nomination much yet win. He is a RINO, is seen as a loser after 2008, (hard to come back from something like that) and just doesn't have a personality to attract those undecided.

Nita

He may be what there is to choose from, well known, knows finance, has some appeal to RINOs and maybe Independents. Jindal used as trump card for the rest who are further right, who may not otherwise get on board. Hey, first Mormon and first IndianAmerican, since we as a PC culture SO into firsts at all costs....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections