Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 11:47 AM

698 posts, read 1,514,504 times

Advertisements

Obama will win the election based on how healthy the economy is. Considering that the economy will most likely be in better shape in 2012 than it previously was in 2008 you can expect him to win.

If Republican want to win they need to find a candidate who is in the middle politically. I think the Republicans somewhat extreme social conservative values have turned a lot of people away and turned a lot of these people into Libertarians and Independents. Independent voters always determine the election outcomes.

If I were to bet money on the upcoming elections I bet Obama wins in 2012, and Democrats still control congress but with a more slim lead in seats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2010, 11:50 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,419,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Ken, for now i am going to let you have the last word on this, you will anyway..You have your feeling about Obama and his future, compared to Reagan, we were in DC when Reagan was President and have a very close idea of the difference in 1982 to now, that being said, we will have to agree to disagree and wait until 2012. I certainly am not saying Obama is finished but I am saying he could be. You are bound and determined he will win and probably in a landslide. So be it!!

Nita
Nita,

I'm just pointing out facts. The Right Wing folks (a few in particular) on this board are constantly harping about how low Obama's approval ratings are. In truth, they're not that low compared to those faced by Presidents past - especially when you consider the depth of the recession he's had to deal with. EVERY SINGLE PRESIDENT after JFK has had LOWER ratings than Obama has had (every single one -without exception) - some of them a LOT LOWER than Obama has had - and this includes the Presidents that were re-elected.

It seems pretty clear to me that if Obama can maintain anything NEAR a 50% approval rating when unemployment is hovering around 10% - that's a pretty darned strong position to be in - especially as the economy recovers.

If the economy doesn't recover - well that would be a new ball game, but since I believe it will (and that seems to be the case) it bodes pretty well for him in 2012.

Ken

Old 04-08-2010, 03:12 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,502,411 times
I learned in life as should most of you should have, don't ever say never, could come back and bite you. No one ever thought what happened in Mass would ever happen either, strange things can and have been known to happen.

Old 04-08-2010, 03:15 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,237,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I learned in life as should most of you should have, don't ever say never, could come back and bite you. No one ever thought what happened in Mass would ever happen either, strange things can and have been known to happen.
so true and when G.B got beat who would have thought it? But then came the nasty Perot and the rest is history. I also feel, we have to remember today is a totally different era and century than 20 or 30 years ago.

Nita

Old 04-12-2010, 02:24 PM

2,573 posts, read 2,499,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Much hay has been made over President Obama’s supposed vulnerability in 2012, Mark Halperin writes, but when you look at his probable challengers and his formidable political skills, his prospects seem positively rosy. Two legit Republican contenders exist at the moment: Mitt Romney “remains unexpectedly unfamiliar†(Halperin says a flight attendant mistook his picture on a book cover for John Edwards), and as for Tim Pawlenty—who’s that?

President Obama Can't Lose in 2012 if GOP Can't Come Up With Challengers Apart From Romney, Pawlenty, Etc.: Mark Halperin
Well,in my thread here in CDF,asking only Obama's voters if they will vote for him again in 2012,the results are 78-22 for reelection...

Even omitting phoneys,my result is 85-15 for...

If he falls below 90%,he loses reelection...

So,he is indeed vulnerable & a strong GOP candidate can make him the black Carter...

Old 04-12-2010, 08:47 PM

22,257 posts, read 19,575,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymiafl View Post
Well,in my thread here in CDF,asking only Obama's voters if they will vote for him again in 2012,the results are 78-22 for reelection...

Even omitting phoneys,my result is 85-15 for...

If he falls below 90%,he loses reelection...

So,he is indeed vulnerable & a strong GOP candidate can make him the black Carter...
1. A poll on CDF is far from Scientific

2. Could be more phonies than you are accounting for.

Old 04-15-2010, 02:25 PM

2,573 posts, read 2,499,909 times
I have a feeling that a ...corrected CDF poll can be accurate...
With every correction applied,he falls below the reelection rate of 90%...

The big factor is the strength of GOP ticket...

Of course,things change if Obama runs with Hillary as VP...
Then he may win ,narrowilly...

Old 04-15-2010, 03:02 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,960,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymiafl View Post
I have a feeling that a ...corrected CDF poll can be accurate...
With every correction applied,he falls below the reelection rate of 90%...

The big factor is the strength of GOP ticket...

Of course,things change if Obama runs with Hillary as VP...
Then he may win ,narrowilly...
that might lose some votes in the jewish community. here is a recent blog i read:

Are you kidding me? Are you f-ing kidding me? Here's a thought Hillary...shut your face and go to hell. What pressure has been put on the Arabs to stop inciting the people to violence? What has been done to get the UN to stop funding the production of books for FA schools filled with virulent anti-Jewish propaganda? What calls of outrage were made to Mahmoud Abbas when his Fatah gunmen cut down a Rabbi and father of seven in his car while he drove with his wife and child? Go to hell Hillary, and take your racist president with you.

The burden is on Israel? That's rich. Really, go to hell Hillary, you pathetic Jew hating toady. The genocidal terrorists you and your boss want to give our land to attack and try to kill us on a daily basis, but the burden is on Israel?!?! This is the essence of Jew hate, and Hillary Clinton is proving herself to either be a master of the art, or a spineless toady, or both, just as she has been since she went on her first mission for Marack to China to assure them that the U.S. would turn a blind eye on their human rights violations for the sake of America's economy.

Could you be more worthless Hillary, or a bigger hypocrite?

Old 04-15-2010, 03:53 PM

1,230 posts, read 1,043,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I don't think anyone ever thought McDonnell would be a serious contendor other than maybe someone like you who is on the other side. I can think of a dozen candidates that would be more likely to get the support of the party and the voters.

Nita
Like who? Please list all 12- and I'm not being smart here, I am truly curious.

As a non-TP/Rep looking in- the only one who impresses me positively at all is Romney. What is it exactly that all y'all don't like about him? I mean, I'm no big fan of his, but why aren't Republicans? Is it his Mormonism? Again, seriously curious.

Old 04-15-2010, 04:10 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,237,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DifferentDrum View Post
Like who? Please list all 12- and I'm not being smart here, I am truly curious.

As a non-TP/Rep looking in- the only one who impresses me positively at all is Romney. What is it exactly that all y'all don't like about him? I mean, I'm no big fan of his, but why aren't Republicans? Is it his Mormonism? Again, seriously curious.
ok, a dozen is probably a exageration, or just a figure picked out of the sky, but here are a couple: Romney, Newt, Perry, John Kashich, Paulenti, and believe it or not Jeb Bush. I am not saying any of these stand a chance or will even run, I am listing possibilties. Now, why are so many against Romney, one, he is a flip flopper, his screwed up the health care in Ma and can't give any reason why it would or won't work nationally, he doesn't turn people on and yes, the Mormon issue will be enough of an issue to hurt him.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections