Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 09:28 AM

470 posts, read 463,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
I guess I missed the ice cream exception to the Arizona law. I assume it's somehow connected to the right to keep and bear fudgicles?
I guess you missed it because you never READ it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 09:33 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,021,941 times
No wonder he wants to transform America. Dads get stopped while getting ice cream for their kids..doctors are yanking out tonsils and lopping off limbs for an extra buck. Wild country!

Old 05-07-2010, 10:23 AM

8,650 posts, read 17,288,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
Give it a rest! It's amazing no matter what happens anywhere in the world, with some people, it's Obama's fault. Lawmakers in Arizona have been doing things to make people look twice for a long time before Obama even thought about running for office.
I guess, according to you, the flooding in Nashville, Tennessee and surrounding areas, is his fault too?
What's it like having to wear Bush's shoes?

Old 05-07-2010, 10:24 AM

37,568 posts, read 19,444,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
What's it like having to wear Bush's shoes?
Not too bad, once you get the sh** out of them...

Old 05-07-2010, 10:26 AM

8,650 posts, read 17,288,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Not too bad, once you get the sh** out of them...
Now the **** is in obama's shoes....

Old 05-07-2010, 11:04 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,957,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
That is what a President of the United States is suppose to say in regards to one of the states?
An out and out lie about a state that has decided to support a federal law.
In my opinion he is inciting a riot in order to get votes in November because everything is all about him and he could care less about the citizens of Arizona or the rest of the country.
We will be Greece if he is not stopped.
If he doesn't get us fighting in the streets against each other over one thing, it will be over another thing.
I am an Obama supporter but THAT? Made me mad! It bothered me when he said the new law was "misguided" but I blew that off. However, I couldn't blow off that one comment. It was stupid and "MISGUIDED" on his part to say it.

Old 05-10-2010, 09:35 AM

25,856 posts, read 20,798,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
That is what a President of the United States is suppose to say in regards to one of the states?
An out and out lie about a state that has decided to support a federal law.
In my opinion he is inciting a riot in order to get votes in November because everything is all about him and he could care less about the citizens of Arizona or the rest of the country.
We will be Greece if he is not stopped.
If he doesn't get us fighting in the streets against each other over one thing, it will be over another thing.
How exactly is it a 'lie'? The president simply stated an opinion. And, can anyone honestly say that people won't be stopped on their way to getting ice cream? Seems as likely a scenario as any. or are you suggesting that people with children won't be stopped? I think that the point is that people doing innocuous things, basically going about the business of their daily lives will now be subject to a level of scrutiny that they previously were not. Seems a reasonable conclusion to me.
Why such defensiveness from those who support this law?

Old 05-11-2010, 08:08 PM

37,568 posts, read 19,444,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Now the **** is in obama's shoes....
May be. If he got Bush's hand-me-down shoes, I'm certain they were full when they got passed along.

Old 05-11-2010, 09:09 PM

86 posts, read 260,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flagal48 View Post
This is why we must vote him out in 2012

Old 05-11-2010, 09:21 PM

86 posts, read 260,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
How exactly is it a 'lie'? The president simply stated an opinion. And, can anyone honestly say that people won't be stopped on their way to getting ice cream? Seems as likely a scenario as any. or are you suggesting that people with children won't be stopped? I think that the point is that people doing innocuous things, basically going about the business of their daily lives will now be subject to a level of scrutiny that they previously were not. Seems a reasonable conclusion to me.
Why such defensiveness from those who support this law?
--------------
If people are SPEEDING or smoking doobies on their way to get ice cream, then YES, they would be pulled over.

Law enforcement aren't just driving around looking to randomly pull over people who look like they shouldn't be here. They would be acting "stupidly" by doing that (tic)...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections