Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 04:20 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,981,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronOB View Post
Hallo ya'll,

IMNSHO only Sarah Palin is a serious candidate for P.O.T.U.S. in 2012. No one else can be equal her.
BTW not GOP or Dems but the Tea Party is a movement which have a great future in the U.S. and lotsa places in DC. Thoughts?

I can see Russia from my window.......I know this for sure because its written right here on my hand !!!

Old 05-16-2010, 04:20 PM

2,514 posts, read 1,989,541 times
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zUUtf7gOe8

This is what will happen if she gets elected.

Old 05-16-2010, 04:23 PM

2,514 posts, read 1,989,541 times

YouTube - Men Without Hats - Pop Goes The World

just to get it in a video.

Old 05-16-2010, 04:24 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,336,851 times
I really do not understand why anyone would vote for someone for the highest post in our government when she GAVE up on her home state! I would have more respect for her if she could have (at least tried) to fix the probelms in her own state instead of being a media *****.

Old 05-16-2010, 05:58 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,875,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
The media will do anything to ruin her?? How exactly?? Sarah is the one who has tried to shove herself in the spotlight as much as possible. The media is just covering her making a fool out of herself.
both sides, my friend, she was doomed by them before she decided to go Hollywood and now, as I have said, she is asking for part of what she is getting, but it is comments just like what we are seeing here that I was talking about when I said, leave it alone. She is not running for Pres, wouldn't get the nomination if she did and smart or dumb, she has found a way to make more money in a few years than most of us will see in our life times. She isn't completely stupid. Check responses like #40, 48 and 50. These are the types that are uncalled for.

Nita

Old 05-16-2010, 06:46 PM

22,208 posts, read 19,497,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
both sides, my friend, she was doomed by them before she decided to go Hollywood and now, as I have said, she is asking for part of what she is getting, but it is comments just like what we are seeing here that I was talking about when I said, leave it alone. She is not running for Pres, wouldn't get the nomination if she did and smart or dumb, she has found a way to make more money in a few years than most of us will see in our life times. She isn't completely stupid. Check responses like #40, 48 and 50. These are the types that are uncalled for.

Nita

How exactly what she doomed by them before she decided to go to Hollywood?? She doomed herself by making extremely stupid comments.

As far as some of the responses, well they would have not been made if the op, who is a staunch conservative didn't make the asinine post to start this whole thread, and then added in birther and World nuts Daily garbage in addition to the first post. You should be blaming the OP, not those who responded.

You said both sides, but you yourself only seem to call out those who don't like Palin and don't call out those who love her who make insane posts like the one that started this thread.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:05 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,556,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newonecoming2 View Post
Does she want to raise the top tax rate? Does she want to stop the wealth transfer from the middle class to the supper rich? Does she want a high savings rate and strong exports? Does she want to rebuild our manufactoring base?

Does she want to fix what is wrong with America?
She was to wait for Fox News to tell her.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:57 AM

Quote:
How exactly what she doomed by them before she decided to go to Hollywood?? She doomed herself by making extremely stupid comments.

As far as some of the responses, well they would have not been made if the op, who is a staunch conservative didn't make the asinine post to start this whole thread, and then added in birther and World nuts Daily garbage in addition to the first post. You should be blaming the OP, not those who responded.

You said both sides, but you yourself only seem to call out those who don't like Palin and don't call out those who love her who make insane posts like the one that started this thread.
I am just as I said tired of the name calling and dumb referances to her intelligence or lack of same. I am no lover of Palin as I have said and would most likely not vote for her..my point, can't we give opinions without all the sly remarks? I happen to feel the same about all this birther crap, etc. No I shouldn't be blaming the OP, I might not agree with his view, I think he is way off base, but that isn't any reason for the silly name calling.

Nita

Old 05-17-2010, 12:24 PM

22,208 posts, read 19,497,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I am just as I said tired of the name calling and dumb referances to her intelligence or lack of same. I am no lover of Palin as I have said and would most likely not vote for her..my point, can't we give opinions without all the sly remarks? I happen to feel the same about all this birther crap, etc. No I shouldn't be blaming the OP, I might not agree with his view, I think he is way off base, but that isn't any reason for the silly name calling.

Nita
You do realize the op did some name calling as well?? I'm not disputing the fact that the name calling really isn't needed, and I mean no disrespect, however you have a strange habit of only calling out name calling when its done by liberals (whether it be in this thread or another one) but never seem to call out name calling when its done by conservatives. You will say neither side should do it, but will only respond to posts made by those on the left, and not by those on your side.

Old 05-17-2010, 12:46 PM

Quote:
You do realize the op did some name calling as well?? I'm not disputing the fact that the name calling really isn't needed, and I mean no disrespect, however you have a strange habit of only calling out name calling when its done by liberals (whether it be in this thread or another one) but never seem to call out name calling when its done by conservatives. You will say neither side should do it, but will only respond to posts made by those on the left, and not by those on your side.
come on Smash, of course if you really read what I post and you do, you know how I feel. This is how I have handled the situation, because of my leanings and you, I am sure would do the same only the opposite way: yes, if the left do the name calling and they are much worse I will add (my opinion) I call them for it, if the few on the right who think name calling is appropriate, I just don't comment at all. I certainly have never agreed with them or sided with them, I just ignore them...Slanted, yes, but are we all a little.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections