Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who or what will Democrats blame for their loses in November?
Obama, because he's not liberal enough and didn't spend enough to help people 3 12.00%
Racism, because it's always to blame when Democrats are upset 11 44.00%
Rush/Beck/etc etc etc since 2 goofy white guys actually control everyone 7 28.00%
Global Wa... Climate Change - due to a .2 degree increase over last year's temp on election day poor Democrats couldn't vote 0 0%
Slavery, because when racism doesn't stick try something better 1 4.00%
Themselves 3 12.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 04:01 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,730,657 times

Advertisements

No one is to blame. When voters are in a bad mood, they vote out incumbents. It's happened to Republicans too. It doesn't mean the incumbent is bad, necessarily; sometimes it just means that voters are dissatisfied and want to shake things up.

This is the mature way to look at it. Carry on with your Democrat-bashing party, if you wish.

Old 05-17-2010, 05:30 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,041,097 times
One can already read the "narrative".

It's all an anti-incumbent wave, which is hogwash.

They definitely don't want to admit this election will be a referendum on obama and his unpopular policies.

Old 05-17-2010, 06:27 AM

30,214 posts, read 18,783,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mean fish View Post
Who/what will the Democrats blame in November when they lose most of their power to do anything?

Bush

Old 05-17-2010, 07:09 AM

1,747 posts, read 1,957,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
No one is to blame.
PROVE that no one is to blame.
Proof, please.

Quote:
When voters are in a bad mood, they vote out incumbents.
And boy are they in a bad mood NOW.....esp. since they can't get rid of this POTUS...yet.

Quote:
It's happened to Republicans too. It doesn't mean the incumbent is bad, necessarily; sometimes it just means that voters are dissatisfied and want to shake things up.
Yeah....that's exactly what it is. Dissatisfied voters wanting to "shake things up."
But......how can there be any dissatisfied voters since the 'Great Uniter' has come down from the heavens to lead us in his way?

Quote:
This is the mature way to look at it. Carry on with your Democrat-bashing party, if you wish.
Mature way to look at it....huh?
YOU say so.
Now.........back to another day of BASHING.....that "mature" Democat Party.

Last edited by Sign; 05-17-2010 at 07:17 AM..

Old 11-12-2013, 10:14 AM

5 posts, read 5,643 times
So, who are Republicans blaming seeing that it is 3 years later and they only control 1/3 of the Chamber? I blame sensible Americans for voting with their brains.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:47 AM

77,771 posts, read 105,072,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mean fish View Post
Who/what will the Democrats blame in November when they lose most of their power to do anything?
they certainly won't blame themselves; they have taken lessons from Obama, it is the other guys fault.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InHouston22 View Post
So, who are Republicans blaming seeing that it is 3 years later and they only control 1/3 of the Chamber? I blame sensible Americans for voting with their brains.
You do realize, the Democrats with a Democrat Pres still lost the house in 2010 which is very unusual don't you? I haven't heard the Republicans blame anybody for not doing better in 2012.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:58 PM

13,560 posts, read 10,400,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
You do realize, the Democrats with a Democrat Pres still lost the house in 2010 which is very unusual don't you? I haven't heard the Republicans blame anybody for not doing better in 2012.
You gotta be kidding. What about those Tea-hadists who complain about Romney not being conservative enough? Or that tired mantra about "Obama doing giveaways, so a [certain group] voted for him?"

Old 11-13-2013, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
"Since World War II, the president's party has lost House seats in 14 of 16 midterm elections with an average loss of 23 seats""

Of course this is a fact that most wingers have no clue about. They think if Dems lose around this amount of seats or less, it's all about them.....LOL

How many threads started by right wingers that have no clue about the subject they post about????

What will be their response?

1) Err well I knew this I was just testing you.

2) 23 seat average loss? I don't believe it....Hannity would have told me if it were true!

3) I don't respond to "liberul's facts"......they're "shrill".

4) Padcrasher you and your "fancy book lernin" are not welcome here! Now Git!
I think about as many right wingers post about things they may not know a lot about as left wingers. We might all be political junkies, but that doesn't mean you or me, know everything. As for the mid term elections, I think most of us know how that works. So, what are you saying? The question is: who will the dems blame? If they are smart, they will blame no one, but just stress that this is not unusual. I don't think you are making too much sense with your comments!!!

Old 11-13-2013, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
You gotta be kidding. What about those Tea-hadists who complain about Romney not being conservative enough? Or that tired mantra about "Obama doing giveaways, so a [certain group] voted for him?"
Read what I said: that is exactly it: I said, we would blame ourselves and that is exactly what most of us did, center, right, Tea partiers, regardless, we agreed he was a crappy candidate. As for the give away part, lets' face it, that is a true as any statement could be. I would think both sides would realize that. And yes, blacks did come out to support him more than they have ever supported anyone. Maybe not percentage wise, but in numbers. It doesn't take more that a few % to change an election. That is what happened in 2012. I don't blame the blacks, if I were black I might have done the same thing. Anymore than I blame Mormons for supporting Romney or people from Texas supporting Bush.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections