Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does he have any chance at reelection?
Yes! 39 26.17%
No! 78 52.35%
Too early to tell 31 20.81%
I honestly could care less about politics 1 0.67%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 08:52 PM

454 posts, read 483,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
Yes, and here's why, infact here's the formula...

1. The more negitave the party that's out of power gets ex: name calling, baseless accusations, constant ridiculing, constant insults so on and so on...the more the public seems to react in the opposite manner...
Yes, of course but people are hurting, and he won't be able to blame Bush after 4 years in office.
They voted for him because they thought he was a clean politician, we now know he is not.

a. Take Bill Clinton, and the whole white water investigation the whole Monica thing...and all the right wing rhetoric filled talk show hosts and callers...and yet he won re-election...

Let me remind you the fact the Monica thing happened when he was almost done, not before he was elected. And no one invented her. If she was your daughter, working in the white house and Clinton would have sex with her, would you be OK with that?

b. When Bush was in office...at mid-term...same thing...when it looked like he should loose...he won...

It certainly looked like it to Kerry Remember the I can't believe this ... won?

When people vote for Obama again...they won't be voting for him, rather they will be voting against Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Laura Ingrim, Mark Levin, Neil Borqs, Michael Savage and the others...

I think people will vote their job, their wallet, and I think people are tired of seeing him giving speeches in front of a teleprompter even in front of children.

It looks as though "the wonder kid" in no longer a kid and the wonder has gone too.
That's what the general public hears...they hear constant negitave bickering from these hosts and their listeners...constant nagging and complaining a whining and name calling and lies...that's what the public votes againsts...
I think that most people listen to talk radio actualy are angry and in agreement with them.
No one likes a nag, or to feel like their being manipulated to vote against or to not like their president, just so the 'other party' can get back in power and mess up also...

People will vote for Obama again just to sock it to Rush and Sean...that's why last time around many of the Republican leadership were telling Sean and Rush to tone down the rhetoric...

But Sean and Rush thought their show's arbitron ratings were more important...ratings mean you can charge advertisers more...which means they get more money in their pocket...

Radio is a business...and it's that business that's giving the Republican party a ugly face...
(most Republicans aren't like Sean and Rush...but the public doesn't know that..)
I think that the Democrats are doing a wonderful job themselves as the party who does not care what the people want. See health care bill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2010, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
I agree with the contingent that thinks it all depends who the Republicans run against him.

Personally, I was all set to vote McCain in 2008 (didn't want a Democratic Congress & White House at the same time.) Then he added Palin to the ticket and case closed for me; unenthusiastically voted Obama.
So here is the 64 Million dollar question. Knowing what you know now. Would you vote for him again?

Old 06-26-2010, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
And now today with his little speech he is going to cost may be 10,000 jobs in the oil industry.

If I were the oil companies I would just shut off the pipelines tomorrow.....
40,000 jobs to begin with.

Old 06-26-2010, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Exactly. I was a Hillary Clinton supporter, so at first I also wasn't too enthusiastic about Obama (after all, I live in Florida, home of the disenfranchised

However, after Palin was added to the Republican ticket, I had to step back and wonder why she was plucked out of obscurity, and the answer was clear. Of course I gave her a chance at first, but once she was off script, she was clueless. Gotcha media or not, she couldn't answer simple questions and blamed everyone else for her shortcomings. As McCain and Palin continued to campaign, their hateful language prompted me to volunteer at the local Obama field office during the last weeks before the election.

Regarding the topic of this thread, I think it's much too early to predict what will happen in 2012. However, I believe Obama has a very good chance as long as the Joe Bartons on the right keep talking.
Do you mean hateful like pointing out that Obama set in a hateful church for 20 years? He was in bathroom every time Wright opened his mouth.... and than he threw him off the bus, in a speech that send a shiver in the Hardball guy?
They didn't point to this at all... just a reminder.. they should have.

Old 06-26-2010, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Not just one person. I just got out of the hospital and nobody I called about my astronomical bills will take a chicken.

Edit: This is very old news. However, if you care to look through my thousands of posts, you'll find I'm honest and consistent. I attended a Palin rally in Florida and wrote about it. It was a hate fest. She was grinning ear to ear while supporters yelled racist slurs and made threats against his life.
I was in a Palin rally too, and saw many patriotic people, some where blacks, some Hispanic. No one was shouting racists slurs.
One of the black lady next to me said she would not dare to put a McCain Palin sign on her lawn because she would have the neighbors retaliate against her. She said she lives in south east Los Angeles.
She even joked about the fact that people around her neighborhood are talking about McCain Palin with such hate, not knowing what she really thinks.

Racist people exist in both parties.
But, I don't think that most people that dislike Obama, are doing it because of his color.
I do think that part of the media that were protecting him from any real investigative reporting, did it partly because of his color, and beacuse they didn't want to be precived as racist.

Old 06-26-2010, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I don't think any of us could really know for sure, but speculate yes. I am more then happy because i have a lot of democratic friends, who every single one, not kidding! are now saying they are totally disgusted with Obama, say he talks out of his --- not me talking ohhhhhhhhhh democrats who voted for him, don't no longer trust him, thinks he is nothing but a fast talker, nothing else no substance, talks big, but no action, likes to blame and point fingers at everyone else but himself. Stuff i already knew, they are late bloomers, but thank Goodness they have come alive. I truly think by that time, people would of had enough of Obama, heard the old saying once is not enough, WELL IN OBAMA'S CASE once is more then enough.

Haleluya,
I actually got one written official apology from an ex- O man, for not listening, and voting for him.
I am also in California

Old 06-26-2010, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
But, it did not work. WWll is what bought us out of the depression.
The war got us into manufacturing, took the men, gave the women jobs.
That's not the case now.
Now the case is the Obama does not suspend the Jones Act ( that would help bring help to the oil spill area, because he does not want to hurt the Unions.
He gave the Union special dill with the health care, so they will vote for it.
The spending will kill us.
What surprising is that the same liberals who were upset with Bush spending are now chanting spend more, spend more.
more welfare, more free stuff they know that once you get hooked on the free stuff you'll vote for the guy that will continue to give it to you.
No I hope people are quite awake now.

Old 06-26-2010, 10:49 PM

1,786 posts, read 3,464,276 times
If economic growth remains stagnant, we see more of his poor leadership (a la the BP fiasco) and thanks to him, the Democrats lose both the House and the Senate, I think it will be a one-term deal.

Old 06-26-2010, 10:51 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,417,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokatie View Post
If economic growth remains stagnant, we see more of his poor leadership (a la the BP fiasco) and thanks to him, the Democrats lose both the House and the Senate, I think it will be a one-term deal.
We can only pray, right, cokatie?

Old 06-26-2010, 10:53 PM

1,786 posts, read 3,464,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
We can only pray, right, cokatie?
LOL Marco Polo - but you misjudge me, sir. I am a Democrat. I just believe in honesty!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections