Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does he have any chance at reelection?
Yes! 39 26.17%
No! 78 52.35%
Too early to tell 31 20.81%
I honestly could care less about politics 1 0.67%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 01:26 AM

24,514 posts, read 33,345,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
I have looked at his record, as well as reading his books that outline his beliefs, followed him fairly extensively since he announced he was campaigning and read many third party accounts of his beliefs and actions.

Obama has been extremely forthcoming and specific with his beliefs and views, and they fall almost perfectly inline with moderate Democrats like myself. If we wanted someone more liberal, Hilary would have been the president.
Among other things, I believe he voted "no" for parental consent for a girl under 18 years old to have an abortion.

Quote:
I didn't. I was cracking a joke at your expense.
Okay, let's hear the joke. I'm waiting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2010, 03:01 AM

14,565 posts, read 23,090,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Among other things, I believe he voted "no" for parental consent for a girl under 18 years old to have an abortion.
For that to be relevant you'd have to assume that abortion was a strictly partisan issue when in reality people on both sides of the aisle break with their party on the issue.

And just FYI, Obama's stance on abortion is more or less that anything not covered in Roe vs. Wade be handled at the state level, something which you supposed constitutionalist conservatives should be applauding.

Quote:
Okay, let's hear the joke. I'm waiting.
The fact that I even have to explain this is just another joke about a Fox News education. You're like the gift that keeps on giving.

I claimed that Obama is a slightly left leaning centrist. You said "Yeah, maybe to a leftist, he is." Obviously if Obama was a leftist as you claim, his fellow leftists would not view him to be a centrist on the political spectrum. I guess where this all falls apart is your horribly inaccurate view of the political spectrum. After seeing your posts over the time I've been here, I can pretty much conclude that you see the political spectrum like this....

[Far Left] ------------------------------------------ [Center] ---- [Far Right]

Don't worry though. Lots of Republicans these days suffer from the same delusion.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:54 PM

Quote:
For that to be relevant you'd have to assume that abortion was a strictly partisan issue when in reality people on both sides of the aisle break with their party on the issue.

And just FYI, Obama's stance on abortion is more or less that anything not covered in Roe vs. Wade be handled at the state level, something which you supposed constitutionalist conservatives should be applauding.
Oh, come on. He is a leftist.
See for yourself:
http://wwwyoutube.com/watch?v=0KW-aQ-XFJI

I forgot to mention his voting record when he voted. Many times, he was a "no vote," even with important issues.

Quote:
The fact that I even have to explain this is just another joke about a Fox News education. You're like the gift that keeps on giving.
I realize that you think that any news station that isn't pro-Obama is not credible. That is the true joke.

Quote:
I claimed that Obama is a slightly left leaning centrist. You said "Yeah, maybe to a leftist, he is." Obviously if Obama was a leftist as you claim, his fellow leftists would not view him to be a centrist on the political spectrum. I guess where this all falls apart is your horribly inaccurate view of the political spectrum. After seeing your posts over the time I've been here, I can pretty much conclude that you see the political spectrum like this....

[Far Left] ------------------------------------------ [Center] ---- [Far Right]
Don't worry though. Lots of Republicans these days suffer from the same delusion.
No, lots of Republicans know what a phony Obama is. (And now, lots of Democrats do, too!)

Old 07-07-2010, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Oh, come on. He is a leftist.
Based on the fact that he routinely voted in the opposite direction as Bush "yes man" John McCain?

Try again.

Quote:
I realize that you think that any news station that isn't pro-Obama is not credible. That is the true joke.
The difference between me and you is that I use the news as one of the sources I get my info from and then come to a logical, factual conclusion.

You get your "facts" from Fox News.

Old 07-08-2010, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Based on the fact that he routinely voted in the opposite direction as Bush "yes man" John McCain?

Try again.
Going by their voting records, Obama and Joe Biden were among the most liberal in Congress. Even more liberal than Ted Kennedy. YOU try again!

Quote:
The difference between me and you is that I use the news as one of the sources I get my info from and then come to a logical, factual conclusion.

You get your "facts" from Fox News.
How do you know where I get my facts from? Just to let you know, the info I got from Obama's Senate voting record was not from Fox News. Nice try, but you are wrong.

Old 07-08-2010, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Going by their voting records
That's your problem, and it really underscores how little understanding you have of politics.

Quote:
How do you know where I get my facts from?
The "FOX NEWS RULES!" line, along with your constant defense of them and regurgitation of their talking points was my first clue.

Old 07-09-2010, 01:38 AM

Quote:
That's your problem, and it really underscores how little understanding you have of politics.
A Senator's voting record reveals a lot. It your problem that you don't realize it.

Quote:
The "FOX NEWS RULES!" line, along with your constant defense of them and regurgitation of their talking points was my first clue.
What constant defense? I brought it up only because you did. You are the one who went off-topic. I suggest you get back on topic.

And what talking points are you referring to?

Old 07-12-2010, 03:54 AM

10,138 posts, read 16,071,399 times

Old 07-12-2010, 05:42 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,214,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
if the election was today, he would be re-elected.

hhehehehehehehehe
funny one!

Old 07-12-2010, 05:44 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,214,723 times
if Goofey ran or Donald Duck, or Bozo
they would all beat Obama
besides, he will be impeached all before the election....yippppeeee!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections