Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does he have any chance at reelection?
Yes! 39 26.17%
No! 78 52.35%
Too early to tell 31 20.81%
I honestly could care less about politics 1 0.67%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 03:10 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,336,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Wont happen. If Romney won the Pub nomination he'd have to explain why he pretended to be against healthcare when it was basically the same bill he pushed in Mass. Anyway, the Pubs have sadly gone the way of the teaparty and will surely push a Huckabee, Gingrich, Palin type extremist who will send the independents sprinting to Obama. Pubs went half-way extreme when they picked Palin for VP, next time they'll go all out.
I heard Romney say once the bill the passed in Mass. was just a shadow of the bill as wrote.

That is what happens as things go though committee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2010, 08:12 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,303,886 times
Obama stands ZERO chance of winning re-election.

With all the mistakes, failures and the economy getting worse, zero jobs created, record foreclosures and 79% of Americans anti Liberal right now he stands no chance in hell.

Newt or Romney both would clean the floor with him if the election were held today.

Even his own party members are running from the failure in droves. No one wants to be seen with him or agreeing with on anything.

He has even lost the respect of his own peers.

21% of liberals in America spells disaster for Obama.

The ONLY WAY he won election was to get a huge majority of indys and many right side Rep's. He will never get them again.

He fooled them once, it wont happen again. Take that to the bank if you have any money left that he has not stolen.

Old 05-22-2010, 08:32 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,636,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post

With all the mistakes, failures and the economy getting worse, zero jobs created, record foreclosures and 79% of Americans anti Liberal right now he stands no chance in hell.

Newt or Romney both would clean the floor with him if the election were held today.

Even his own party members are running from the failure in droves. No one wants to be seen with him or agreeing with on anything.

The ONLY WAY he won election was to get a huge majority of indys and many right side Rep's. He will never get them again.

He fooled them once, it wont happen again. Take that to the bank if you have any money left that he has not stolen.

Agreed. BHO will go down in the annals of american history as a stench to this great nation, deservedly so. Good riddance, and cannot come soon enough. I do believe the leftist media machine may still be trying to sing some limp accolades for him, as well as the entitlement crowd, that's about it.

Old 05-22-2010, 08:50 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,236,682 times
Obama has no chance at all. The sad thing is the country will be completely destroyed already by the time 2012 comes along.

Old 05-22-2010, 09:44 PM

852 posts, read 1,357,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post

This is just factually untrue.

Old 05-22-2010, 10:06 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,988,983 times
To answer this question go back to summer of 1970 and one Richard Milhous Nixon who (1) wasn't a media darling, (2) had a nasty undeclared war that was killing over a hundred young Americans a week ,(3) had a nasty recession that saw 1/3 of US railroads go bankrupt (4) had a run on the dollar that threated to suck all the gold and silver out of the Treasury.
(5) had a problem with a new outfit called OPEC, (6) he had to withdraw the nomination of Carswell and Haynesworth to the Supreme Court for their poor quality and racism, (7) The Pentagon Papers and on and on. Guess what the pundits and editorial writers said about his chances to win in 1972? Guess who was the likely next American President -- Senator Edmund Muskie. Do you know what happened in 1972? If you don't Tricky Dick was electrd by one of the largest landslides in US history. Mr Obama is not in as deep a doodoo as Nixon and there is at least another 2 years of his administration to run its course. Plus the media likes the big O and doesn't draw him like Herblock drew Nixon with a five o'clock shadow and standing in a sewer.

Old 05-23-2010, 02:50 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,702,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
What do you think Obama's chances will be for reelection?

Many believe he is the clear cut winner for the next election, and many also believe he is a one term president.

What are your thoughts on this?

Criteria to help you explain why you say this;

- His foreign policy (if any)
- His approval rating (current)
- His belief on certain subjects
- His future opponent (assumption)
- His take on legislation (bills, taxes, etc..)
people are fickle, most vote with their hearts not thier heads, depending on the choices, right now I would say about 40% but again, a lot can happen and so far there isn't any Republican that stands out among the others. Lets wait until about this time next year..

I feel the immegration issue issue might be his downfall.I don't see how he can win that one, Which ever way he goes, he is going to **** a heck of lot of voters.

Old 05-23-2010, 03:00 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,702,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
To answer this question go back to summer of 1970 and one Richard Milhous Nixon who (1) wasn't a media darling, (2) had a nasty undeclared war that was killing over a hundred young Americans a week ,(3) had a nasty recession that saw 1/3 of US railroads go bankrupt (4) had a run on the dollar that threated to suck all the gold and silver out of the Treasury.
(5) had a problem with a new outfit called OPEC, (6) he had to withdraw the nomination of Carswell and Haynesworth to the Supreme Court for their poor quality and racism, (7) The Pentagon Papers and on and on. Guess what the pundits and editorial writers said about his chances to win in 1972? Guess who was the likely next American President -- Senator Edmund Muskie. Do you know what happened in 1972? If you don't Tricky Dick was electrd by one of the largest landslides in US history. Mr Obama is not in as deep a doodoo as Nixon and there is at least another 2 years of his administration to run its course. Plus the media likes the big O and doesn't draw him like Herblock drew Nixon with a five o'clock shadow and standing in a sewer.
We can go back to many other mid terms but that was then, before 24/7 media coverage, talk shows, and you said it, Musky..After Musky the Democrat world fell apart for a time. Nixon pretty much got us out of Nam, or it appeared so, the Democrats had no good choices, etc. That is why I say, it is too soon to predict too much.

Nita

Old 05-23-2010, 05:08 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,529,417 times
I think he has a real good chance to win the next election. If the republicans don't come up with anyone new that will appeal to most people he will win with a landslide.

If the put Newt, Romney or PAYlin in there then the republicans are finished.

Old 05-23-2010, 08:49 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,333,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
people are fickle, most vote with their hearts not thier heads, depending on the choices, right now I would say about 40% but again, a lot can happen and so far there isn't any Republican that stands out among the others. Lets wait until about this time next year..

I feel the immegration issue issue might be his downfall.I don't see how he can win that one, Which ever way he goes, he is going to **** a heck of lot of voters.
I agree with this, in general. My two cents would be that Obama's probability of being re-elected is near (but below) 50%. A 40% chance sounds about right to me.

Considering what he has done and would like to do, the probability should be zero, so 40% is still way too high for me. It's one thing for people to support policies that will screw me over but benefit them. I can understand that. But I cannot understand people supporting policies that will destroy THEIR OWN lives and, for those with children, the lives of their children as well. That's why his support stays so high; people are just going to stick with him and or the (D) party, regardless of the consequences. What can you do when someone is destroying themselves but doing so with a smile?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections