Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does he have any chance at reelection?
Yes! 39 26.17%
No! 78 52.35%
Too early to tell 31 20.81%
I honestly could care less about politics 1 0.67%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 07:50 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,336,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
stupid is not bigoted.
But a bigoted person is ALWAYS STUPID!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 07:52 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,336,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
What does Rush have to do with your referance to FOX news? Do I listen to Rush? No, I don't. Many years ago, when he was on TV we did watch him, I have, on rare occasions (again years ago) picked him up on the radio for maybe 10 or 15 minutes. Now, you say, even Glenn makes sense once sometimes, but you say don't listen too political rabble, how do you know what Glenn is saying?

Nita
Whenever there is a disagreement on CD regarding something that he said I go and look it up before I make any comment for or against him

Old 06-20-2010, 12:00 PM
JRR

8,172 posts, read 5,681,763 times
I agree with the contingent that thinks it all depends who the Republicans run against him.

Personally, I was all set to vote McCain in 2008 (didn't want a Democratic Congress & White House at the same time.) Then he added Palin to the ticket and case closed for me; unenthusiastically voted Obama.

Old 06-21-2010, 11:52 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,959,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
Personally, I was all set to vote McCain in 2008 (didn't want a Democratic Congress & White House at the same time.) Then he added Palin to the ticket and case closed for me; unenthusiastically voted Obama.
Exactly. I was a Hillary Clinton supporter, so at first I also wasn't too enthusiastic about Obama (after all, I live in Florida, home of the disenfranchised

However, after Palin was added to the Republican ticket, I had to step back and wonder why she was plucked out of obscurity, and the answer was clear. Of course I gave her a chance at first, but once she was off script, she was clueless. Gotcha media or not, she couldn't answer simple questions and blamed everyone else for her shortcomings. As McCain and Palin continued to campaign, their hateful language prompted me to volunteer at the local Obama field office during the last weeks before the election.

Regarding the topic of this thread, I think it's much too early to predict what will happen in 2012. However, I believe Obama has a very good chance as long as the Joe Bartons on the right keep talking.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:14 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,875,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Exactly. I was a Hillary Clinton supporter, so at first I also wasn't too enthusiastic about Obama (after all, I live in Florida, home of the disenfranchised

However, after Palin was added to the Republican ticket, I had to step back and wonder why she was plucked out of obscurity, and the answer was clear. Of course I gave her a chance at first, but once she was off script, she was clueless. Gotcha media or not, she couldn't answer simple questions and blamed everyone else for her shortcomings. As McCain and Palin continued to campaign, their hateful language prompted me to volunteer at the local Obama field office during the last weeks before the election.

Regarding the topic of this thread, I think it's much too early to predict what will happen in 2012. However, I believe Obama has a very good chance as long as the Joe Bartons on the right keep talking.
wow, back up, first you say it is too early to predict, then you say he stands a good chance because one person made an idiotic comment? You are talking out of both sides of your mouth.

As for McCain/Palin and hateful comments, would you like to give us a few examples and can you say only one side is ever guilty of this?

NIta

Old 06-21-2010, 01:18 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,939,929 times
I don't thnik without a miracle he has much of a chance. he has just strated really and the pendulum of politics has turen faster tha I ever rememeber.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:35 PM

22,209 posts, read 19,497,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I don't thnik without a miracle he has much of a chance. he has just strated really and the pendulum of politics has turen faster tha I ever rememeber.
His approvals are hovering right around 50%, his numbers are better than Reagan's were at this point in his Presidency.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:41 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,842,770 times
Not good...otherwise we are really really screwed

Old 06-21-2010, 01:53 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,959,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
wow, back up, first you say it is too early to predict, then you say he stands a good chance because one person made an idiotic comment? You are talking out of both sides of your mouth.

As for McCain/Palin and hateful comments, would you like to give us a few examples and can you say only one side is ever guilty of this?

NIta

Not just one person. I just got out of the hospital and nobody I called about my astronomical bills will take a chicken.

Edit: This is very old news. However, if you care to look through my thousands of posts, you'll find I'm honest and consistent. I attended a Palin rally in Florida and wrote about it. It was a hate fest. She was grinning ear to ear while supporters yelled racist slurs and made threats against his life.

Old 06-21-2010, 02:25 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,875,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Not just one person. I just got out of the hospital and nobody I called about my astronomical bills will take a chicken.

Edit: This is very old news. However, if you care to look through my thousands of posts, you'll find I'm honest and consistent. I attended a Palin rally in Florida and wrote about it. It was a hate fest. She was grinning ear to ear while supporters yelled racist slurs and made threats against his life.
I have read many of your posts and you are a screaming lib from word go. I don't know about the rally you went to, that would have been approximatley 2 years ago or there-abouts. I also don't know who was yelling what but I don't think, if what you say is the truth, which I doubt Palin was smiling at them. If you did hear a slur (which is disgusting I will add) I doubt there were more than a couple screaming slurs. What would you suggest she do? continue speaking and smiling was the correct thing to do, you don't know much about public speaking do you?

The chicken remark has been spun around and around until most are getting dizzy from hearing it.

May I add, these are not people running for President.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections